Date: 29-03-24  Time: 04:42 am

Author Topic: EXUP cables  (Read 953 times)

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
EXUP cables
« on: 24 February 2016, 09:04:18 pm »
Just wired my exup valve fully open...

I got rear ended while at a junction the other day which shunted my exhaust forward crushing the silencer and link pipe.  I thought that was more or less the full extent of the damage (the undertray/reg plate were also both broken) and straightened/bashed the pipe (which needed welding as it split at the crease) +silencer back to allow me to use it for my daily commute.  It seems that the shunt also bent the headers forward a few inches which snapped both my exup cables so for the last couple of days the bike has been unable to pull up to motorway speeds any faster than a transit van!  I can't straighten the headers without removing and looking at the bolts/clamps at the engine side they will likely never go back on, or come off without breaking, we got them bent back a bit but I had to "modify" the center stand bump stop arm to get it to sit on the link pipe stop plate.  It has no doubt increased the mass centralisation a bit though...

So, looking around new exup cables are pretty expensive or there are pattern ones for around £35.  Anyone used them?

Or is it worth risking second hand ones.  I seem to remember someone talking about a rebuild kit from Venhill IIRC but I can't find any for sale.
Intentionally left blank

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
Re: EXUP cables
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2016, 10:26:46 pm »
If you got rear-ended, shouldn't the other driver's insurance be paying for a new exhaust system and all the other damage?

RMT1983

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2016, 10:30:39 pm »
I'm sure ive got some kicking around.................... PM me if 2nd hand isn't a problem

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 February 2016, 10:45:44 pm »
I am just covering bases really falcon. I've seen bikes worth more written off with similar damage... If that is the case I would be wanting to get it back on the road as quickly as possible etc  will pm you rmt when I find out what's happening cheers
Intentionally left blank