Date: 19-04-24  Time: 03:05 am

Author Topic: NO Speedo, Revcounter  (Read 2305 times)

Shadrack

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
NO Speedo, Revcounter
« on: 13 February 2016, 11:26:13 am »
Just started bike after 3 months standing outside covered up. Noticed red led not flashing so I thought battery was flat but bike does starst and run. When you turn ignition on rev counter does not swing around and no display on other screen. Engine starts and runs but no rev counter movement and engine management and high temp lights come on. Any ideas

Shadrack

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: NO Speedo, Revcounter
« Reply #1 on: 13 February 2016, 11:55:15 am »
Have left the engine running and management and temp light gone out can just see speedo panel very dim

Shadrack

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2016, 09:08:46 pm »
Have cleaned connectors on ECU and plug and sockets under left side fairings and connector on instrument head. stripped instrument head and could see no water ingress. The -ve feed wire black/white on the 5 way block was definately loose. Have removed this from connectors and connected thro a chocolate block. All instruments are now working. if I leave bike ticking over even as long as temp rises and cooling fan kicks in no problems, if I go out on road after about 5/10 miles panel fades down to about half brightness and then starts to go slowly between full and medium brightness.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2016, 11:21:52 am »
sounds like dampness in the clocks. Remove them and dismantle them, put them in a warm hot press for a day or two.

Bonstonk

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 June 2016, 09:56:19 pm »
Hello, first post/reply of the forum :)
OP any luck with fixing the issue?

My 2007 FZ6 s2 seems to have intermittent clocks (done a search on the forum - couldnt see anything specific).
It's very random, can be a case of where the clocks stop working when it's parked up and left for a week or a day (can tell as the time is out!), or happens when riding along: the speedo switches off, no rev counter - but the engine still runs fine, indicator lights work etc.

Disconnected/cleaned the main connector, earth properly connected, checked fuse but still no luck! I've also been through the fault code procedure and nothing flashed up either!
Was fine last year, but had to charge the flat/dead battery after this winter - could this have something to do with it?

Any help would be appreciated - utterly confused with this!

Shadrack

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 September 2016, 06:42:56 pm »
Still been going on off all summer and finaly gave up the ghost. Got a set of seconded hand ones they work but are displaying in kilometers have tried holding select button but all it does is step between different trips any ideas ?

JC

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 September 2016, 10:28:48 pm »
Tried it when its on ODO? looking around it seems some european models dont allow you to change to mph