Date: 25-04-24  Time: 05:02 am

Author Topic: Swift Cover Insurance  (Read 1292 times)

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
Swift Cover Insurance
« on: 30 January 2016, 12:36:00 pm »
Myself or nobody I know has anything to do with this company, this is just an honest show of appreciation in a time where everyone seems to only review the bad. Had my car insurance renewal come through, I'm still in the "young silly money" bracket even for a cheap run about unfortunately and having a bike too I want it to be cheap as possible. So I was very disappointed to see my 1 year no claims had knocked off the grand total of ....£15! I rang up to cancel my renewal and give a hard time about how I've got £300 off elsewhere, but the guy was extremely helpful and actually agreed that was a poor renewal. He went through all my details again quickly and actually got me a better package than I had previously while also beating the best quote I had had elsewhere by almost £100. You can argue they were trying to pull a sly one with the automatic renewal yeah, but they gave me a month notice to shop around. It's definitely proven to me shopping around for the best quote and doing your research gives you the upper hand as a customer, but definitely can't fault the customer service I received at Swift Cover. Has inspired me to try harder on the bike insurance renewal, although that's not so bad.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: Swift Cover Insurance
« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2016, 01:13:28 pm »
Just proves once again that the price of vehicle insurance has nothing to do with risk but everything to do with how much the insurance company thinks it can con you out off. :)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2016, 01:14:28 pm »
Fella I feel for your "glee" but honestly after 32 fecin years of the same thing every year - hi renewal quote - me ring -" lets see what we can do" - gets it lower- good buy.
And I have to do that 4 times a year
Bike
Car
House
AA
Insurance companies should be forced to tell us if there is a cheaper option to be had just like the energy companies now have to.
Rant over
Well done - you did the right thing
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2016, 03:40:19 pm »
I was with Swift for my car and got sick of every year having to phone round, I've been with direct line 5 years now and its not gone up, I maybe try one ar two other companies but so far no one gets close. This saves me time and also them. when I took it out I told them not to send a renewal if they were going to hike it up, maybe they put that on their notes?

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 January 2016, 03:44:36 pm »
Bloody crooks the lot of em!
They just try and get as much as possible out of you, then try and wheedle out of paying up when you try and claim. Bastards!
As you may have guessed I'm not really a fan of insurance companies or brokers - spawn of the devil IMHO  :lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 January 2016, 04:30:39 pm »
I used to be with Swift with the car. Also pretty pleased with them

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 January 2016, 09:24:16 pm »
Bloody crooks the lot of em!
They just try and get as much as possible out of you, then try and wheedle out of paying up when you try and claim. Bastards!
As you may have guessed I'm not really a fan of insurance companies or brokers - spawn of the devil IMHO  :lol

Amen to that Brother!
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.