Date: 19-04-24  Time: 16:08 pm

Author Topic: top box broken into. :-(  (Read 1477 times)

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
top box broken into. :-(
« on: 29 January 2016, 11:59:11 am »
What kind of a twunt breaks into your top box?

A bit gutted... My bike lives on the street in a motorcycle bay. I came out of my flat yesterday and find my 45L givi top box sat in the middle of the road. It had been pried from my bike, the lock knackered and the latch AND both hinges smashed. It's now completely destroyed.

It was empty, but now I'm feeling a bit stupid for leaving it on the bike. I just assumed that nobody leaves anything of value outside longterm, so no one would bother with it. Big mistake. :-( I should have removed it or atleast left it unlocked.

Anyone selling a big givi box they no longer want?

-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: top box broken into. :-(
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2016, 12:11:26 pm »
Crap !
Maybe in the future do what the hgv drivers do when they are parked up and leave the doors open to show nothing inside, leave it unlocked and ajar.
I keep having to tell my daughter not to leave her iphone cable on show in her car and she says I doesn't matter cause my phone isn't in there. She still wont listen when I say - but that wont stop them smashing your window to find out.   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2016, 05:32:17 pm »
Shitter- if you're in no rush I could part with my box in the next month or so- no lock or handle mechanism, I use a strap to keep it closed but needs bolting to the plate!
Some say...

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2016, 12:05:14 am »
Not to worry, I think I'll salvage it and build an aluminium strap/frame around it, metal hinges and maybe hasp and staple latches, then leave it unlocked.
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 January 2016, 08:08:45 am »
Got the metal bods at work to make me 3 aluminium plates for under the Givi rack, on top of it, and inside the box too.
By the time you've tried nicking it, you're in a bad way.........'cos i got told.  :evil
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

steeeve66

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM SD 990, CBR600FS, CB500
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 January 2016, 03:16:10 pm »
Thats shite news, really sorry to hear it. Where abouts was it? I leave my commuter bike in London all the time, often with stuff in the top box when I'm out with friends.. Bit worried now - like you, I just assumed no one ever bothered breaking in to them?
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back it said, "Wish you were here."

Steven Wright