Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 400 and other models

Do I need to start the enginne 1 time a week?

(1/2) > >>

yamasaki:
hello, it's a little bit cold outside here, won't be ride my fazer400 for several weeks, do I need to start the enginne and let it idle running for mins once a week to prevent the machine freeze?

Dave48:
Unless you run the bike up to full working temperature you will do more harm than good due to build up of acidic condensates. Every litre of fuel burnt produces an equal amount of water vapour which unless the bike is run up to operating temp will contaminate the engine oil.
Better to remove battery unless you have an alarm/immobiliser fitted & bring indoors, occasionally trickle charging on an Optimate or similar-cold weather is the enemy of batteries.

noggythenog:
What dave said.....never let me down....bring the battery inside in the warm with a nice cup of hot chocolate and a blanket and all will be fine.

unfazed:

--- Quote from: Dave48 on 20 January 2016, 08:56:56 am ---Unless you run the bike up to full working temperature you will do more harm than good due to build up of acidic condensates. Every litre of fuel burnt produces an equal amount of water vapour which unless the bike is run up to operating temp will contaminate the engine oil.
Better to remove battery unless you have an alarm/immobiliser fitted & bring indoors, occasionally trickle charging on an Optimate or similar-cold weather is the enemy of batteries.

--- End quote ---

:agree

yamasaki:
ok, I will let it stay at home then. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version