Date: 26-04-24  Time: 10:07 am

Author Topic: car park scam  (Read 21722 times)

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
Re: car park scam
« Reply #25 on: 06 January 2016, 12:20:39 pm »
ma in law got a ticket at the ozzy yesterday for parking outside of the bay, I've been sent the photo by my brother in-law via whats app but I don't know how to download the pic to a pooter to show you.

the car in the next bay has clearly gone over the line into mums bay (and not got a ticket!!), not a lot but enough for her to edge over slightly to allow the passenger to get out of her car...her right front tyre only is approximately an inch ON the line I shit you not
she is elderly, disabled and has a blue badge on display and her daughter is lying in bed with a stroke........further stress she don't need. I'm fuming for her and saw some security guards last night who said it should be dropped........I've told her not to pay anything and we'll go to court coz the judge will fucking destroy the prick that has issued this one
I'm going to see the ozzy tomorrow and want it scrapping plus an apology and the warden bollocked........if anyone knows how to get whats app pics downloaded then let me know please

and if they don't drop it, my letters at solicitors rates will all be logged ;) ;)
fire never sleeps

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06 January 2016, 12:23:40 pm »
As said earlier, this is not a fine it's an invoice for 'breach of contract'. They have to prove you have stayed beyond the allotted time. Their terms for 'appealing' are invalid. You are doing enough by telling them the facts in whatever way you wish.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06 January 2016, 12:46:25 pm »
ma in law got a ticket at the ozzy yesterday for parking outside of the bay, I've been sent the photo by my brother in-law via whats app but I don't know how to download the pic to a pooter to show you.

the car in the next bay has clearly gone over the line into mums bay (and not got a ticket!!), not a lot but enough for her to edge over slightly to allow the passenger to get out of her car...her right front tyre only is approximately an inch ON the line I shit you not
she is elderly, disabled and has a blue badge on display and her daughter is lying in bed with a stroke........further stress she don't need. I'm fuming for her and saw some security guards last night who said it should be dropped........I've told her not to pay anything and we'll go to court coz the judge will fucking destroy the prick that has issued this one
I'm going to see the ozzy tomorrow and want it scrapping plus an apology and the warden bollocked........if anyone knows how to get whats app pics downloaded then let me know please

and if they don't drop it, my letters at solicitors rates will all be logged ;) ;)
The first thing the hosp will do is try to bat you off saying ooh well its nothing to do with us and the attendent is not our employ you will have to take it up with the car park scammers, who do not give a shit about any "sob" story or blue badge.

ma in law got a ticket at the ozzy yesterday for parking outside of the bay
Was with the missus the other day at a very busy out of town shopping center and there was a bike taking up a whole car space, she commented "he wont be popular" but I then told her about the chance of getting a ticket if he was to park anywhere else
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 January 2016, 12:51:11 pm »
I have thought about getting a job as one of those attendants at a local out of town shopping center and going around and letting everyone off. I wonder how long I would be in my job after no "fines" were coming from my shift.
As well as parking out of a bay there is one near me that even have sighns saying you cannot park on the piss IN one

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06 January 2016, 01:40:43 pm »
Family and friends do not count as witnesses unfortunately.
I'm not friends with my neighbours .

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 06 January 2016, 05:53:44 pm »
I have thought about getting a job as one of those attendants at a local out of town shopping center and going around and letting everyone off. I wonder how long I would be in my job after no "fines" were coming from my shift.
As well as parking out of a bay there is one near me that even have sighns saying you cannot park on the piss IN one

It's probably 100% commision to encourage a less savoury approach to attandance and to discourage any dissidents like you....

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #31 on: 06 January 2016, 06:55:22 pm »
Maddog, unfortunately, my Mrs was a yellow banded bitch for a while and the problem your mother in law has is her problem. in other words, just because the car next to her had gone over the line does not allow her to. If she couldn't fit in the space that was left, she should find another space.

Parking laws are an arse in some places. Supermarkets are not legal (Council or police issued) tickets so are just an invoice.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 06 January 2016, 07:02:07 pm »

Family and friends do not count as witnesses unfortunately.
I'm not friends with my neighbours .

U orrible person lol......still doesn't matter ..they will assume you are whatever u say.
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07 January 2016, 09:19:56 am »
my Mrs was a yellow banded bitch for a while

My Mrs used to be one, once a month  :rolleyes

Then came menopause and its all the time now :lol

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #34 on: 07 January 2016, 09:38:27 am »
:rollin

Locksmith, you are confusing traffic wardens (yellow banded bastards/bitches) with the red stripped witches. :pokefun
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07 January 2016, 09:52:35 am »
I'm in so much trouble WHEN she reads that !!!!!!

There. Fixed that for you. :pokefun
« Last Edit: 07 January 2016, 09:55:38 am by BBROWN1664 »

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07 January 2016, 02:48:34 pm »
went the ozzy earlier and asked for a manager who could overturn a parking ticket, was directed to security......yeah....the same fucking security who issue the tickets :evil and guess what........he didn't want to know and directed me around the corner to customer complaints who went mad at security for passing car parking shit onto them as they're there for patients/relatives complaints about ozzy services

they tried fobbing me off with the old "write in and you'll get it quashed" bollocks. I told them I wouldn't be writing in and before I could even mention see you in court, a lady boss came around the corner to everyone's relief and took it up. I showed her the photo and she said she was on the appeals panel, write in and it will be cancelled. NO says me, sort it now, so off she goes with my phone to show the pic to someone else and returns and says its cancelled......give that woman a ceegarrrr :D

all it takes is people willing to stand up and managers willing to manage and things get sorted, introduce arse'oles and it starts going to rat shit

keep fighting people ;)
fire never sleeps

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 07 January 2016, 03:01:15 pm »
went the ozzy earlier and asked for a manager who could overturn a parking ticket, was directed to security......yeah....the same fucking security who issue the tickets :evil and guess what........he didn't want to know and directed me around the corner to customer complaints who went mad at security for passing car parking shit onto them as they're there for patients/relatives complaints about ozzy services

they tried fobbing me off with the old "write in and you'll get it quashed" bollocks. I told them I wouldn't be writing in and before I could even mention see you in court, a lady boss came around the corner to everyone's relief and took it up. I showed her the photo and she said she was on the appeals panel, write in and it will be cancelled. NO says me, sort it now, so off she goes with my phone to show the pic to someone else and returns and says its cancelled......give that woman a ceegarrrr :D

all it takes is people willing to stand up and managers willing to manage and things get sorted, introduce arse'oles and it starts going to rat shit

keep fighting people ;)
I am glad u got it sorted, especially with what's going on .

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07 January 2016, 03:05:42 pm »
yeah......glad for her ma......she don't need any more sh!t at the moment
fire never sleeps

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07 January 2016, 05:32:46 pm »
RESULT 1111

polecat 1

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - 350lc
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 10 January 2016, 03:56:10 pm »
I received a parking charge notice for  £100 when i got home claiming that i parked overnight at the Hengrove imperial park on the 23rd dec 2015 , this is horse shit as i picked my daughter up from her cleaning job in town at approx 20.30 on 23/12/15  , they claim i entered the car park at 17.02 on the 23/12/15 which i did to buy some plastic sheeting from B&Q and that i left at 11.51 on the 24/12/15 which i did to get my wife a surprise present from Boots , but i didn't stay overnight , either there camera system is flawed or it is a deliberate scam , has anyone else had a similar  problem .

esetest-Isn't that at the same time someone off this forum was at your house to collect something bought off you, so therefore you couldn't possibly have been there overnight as the item they collected off you, at your house, was in your car which was parked outside, as the letter they will write for you will testify?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 10 January 2016, 05:59:20 pm »
I received a parking charge notice for  £100 when i got home claiming that i parked overnight at the Hengrove imperial park on the 23rd dec 2015 , this is horse shit as i picked my daughter up from her cleaning job in town at approx 20.30 on 23/12/15  , they claim i entered the car park at 17.02 on the 23/12/15 which i did to buy some plastic sheeting from B&Q and that i left at 11.51 on the 24/12/15 which i did to get my wife a surprise present from Boots , but i didn't stay overnight , either there camera system is flawed or it is a deliberate scam , has anyone else had a similar  problem .

esetest-Isn't that at the same time someone off this forum was at your house to collect something bought off you, so therefore you couldn't possibly have been there overnight as the item they collected off you, at your house, was in your car which was parked outside, as the letter they will write for you will testify?
All witnesses welcome .

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 10 January 2016, 06:04:17 pm »
In the news here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3229165/Is-PROOF-private-parking-firms-scamming-motorists-Drivers-say-timings-photos-doctored-legally-parked-cars-issued-fines.html
And here
 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35253759
Cheers for that , I have sent the letter now , they will either drop it or send another demand for payment , I will email that journalist tonight , would it be worth me making a complaint to the Police .

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 10 January 2016, 06:28:55 pm »
They will not drop it, your appeal will be rejected but in a way that is what you want as once an appeal to the scammers has been rejected that then opens the door for you to go to the ombudsman who should judge in your favor.
These schemes are the new cowboy clampers who eventually got themselves kicked out, the gov needs to step in and sort these shisters out   

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #45 on: 15 January 2016, 10:35:56 am »
In December I had to drive myself to A&E in the middle of the night and parked up @ 2am.
as I didn't have any change I couldn't buy a ticket. so I told all the nurses they said not to worry as the parking charges didn't start till 6.
even in my pain I was concerned that I would get a fine, eventually I saw a security guard and called him over & explained the situation. he took my car reg and then rang it through so I wouldn't get a ticket!
I managed to get hold of a mate @ 7am who came down & took my car away for me
:)
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 19 January 2016, 03:53:03 pm »
Just found out the company involved are being investigated by fraud squad for altering times and dates .
The company reckon it was rogue employees who have since been dismissed .

fatbloke62

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 19 January 2016, 04:20:00 pm »
I did pm you on the 12th Jan after seeing it on the news,I did wonder if it might help your cause

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 19 January 2016, 04:45:47 pm »
Result! Now start calculating your compensation  :)

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 19 January 2016, 05:06:27 pm »
I did pm you on the 12th Jan after seeing it on the news,I did wonder if it might help your cause
Thanks for the Pm , I did send an email to the BBC , but not heard anything back ,  my sister who works for plod and lots of other people , just said to ignore them .
As it was my first parking ticket ,I have gone through the appeal process , but if it becomes a common occurrence then I will ignore them .