Date: 19-04-24  Time: 21:03 pm

Author Topic: prostate cancer,  (Read 14662 times)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: prostate cancer,
« Reply #25 on: 25 November 2015, 07:46:53 pm »
Lucky they got it early, once it is out it should be gone.
Have they tested the Lymph nodes?

clayt74

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25 November 2015, 07:51:58 pm »
I'm 41, a bit over weight and drink more than I should. Also had a crazy itchy arse for a couple of weeks now
"thats where the remote went"

LOL maybe that's it............I just thought it was the missus channel hopping everytime I sit down !

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 November 2015, 08:02:17 pm »
Good luck with getting sorted.....like your style getting diagnosed and treated in winter so not missing biking season!

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 November 2015, 08:46:53 pm »
cheers all just got to stay positive,   clayt get yourself to the doctors, see if he can find sky 1,
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

clayt74

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 November 2015, 09:48:37 pm »
cheers all just got to stay positive,   clayt get yourself to the doctors, see if he can find sky 1,
Will do........bollocks to sky one I want the fight at the weekend!!!!

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #30 on: 26 November 2015, 12:04:59 am »
Good luck with getting sorted.....like your style getting diagnosed and treated in winter so not missing biking season!

and there's always the re-runs of this years motorsport to catch up on if you missed any!!
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26 November 2015, 05:12:34 pm »
Sorry to hear that,I've just been diagnosed with it and they've given me the choice of the surgery you mention,radiotherapy or monitoring.I've decided to go with the radiotherapy after talking to a consultant,just waiting for appointment. I found out after a random blood test my doc gives to patients over 45 if you want it and initially I was really scared,but they told me that there's a massive amount of men who have it and don't know until they're showing more obvious signs and it's so slow to develop that a lot of old men die with it rather than of it.
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 26 November 2015, 05:20:42 pm »
[quote  it's so slow to develop that a lot of old men die with it rather than of it.

Like my Mums fella, never seen that bloke worry about it for one min, he says he's living with it not dieing from it. We often sneak out for a crafty  beer and he recons  living with my mums worse than the cancer lol
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 26 November 2015, 11:01:32 pm »
sorry to hear about your,s coffe.             on the scale they use one to ten I think I was seven,                which is very active.    I had   3   blood tests.                then I had the star wars wand up the back doors, :'( which wasn't to bad. :'(                out of the ten samples two tested positive,       so hopefully that's a good sign.  .                  next is the mri scan and lots of x rays to see if it has spread .      they say it goes to the bones,?     hopefully not.    apparentley I meet a surgen    after that and he says whats going on.    they have told me removel.          good luck to you,          I would have pm,             this but I think   everyone should understand how easy it is to get tested.          joe you are right what you say but it all depends on your score,    two liveable,,     sorry about my grammar no school ;)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 27 November 2015, 11:40:19 am »
Good luck to all, Taylor cracking sense of humour. I have had the blood tests and all good , I am on a course of tablets to help stop me from pissing every 5 minutes, still up about 4 times a night though. I am going to ask the doc again for another check up as have on occasion passed the odd spot of blood, stained on me jocks.
But feck it at least I have lasted a lot longer than me Dad, he clocked out at 45 with C me Mum was only 60. I'm 67 soon, so as far as I am concerned I'm winning. :)
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 27 November 2015, 12:58:08 pm »
sorry to hear about your,s coffe.             on the scale they use one to ten I think I was seven,                which is very active.    I had   3   blood tests.                then I had the star wars wand up the back doors, :'( which wasn't to bad. :'(                out of the ten samples two tested positive,       so hopefully that's a good sign.  .                  next is the mri scan and lots of x rays to see if it has spread .      they say it goes to the bones,?     hopefully not.    apparentley I meet a surgen    after that and he says whats going on.    they have told me removel.          good luck to you,          I would have pm,             this but I think   everyone should understand how easy it is to get tested.          joe you are right what you say but it all depends on your score,    two liveable,,     sori abowt mi gramur know skool ;)

Fixed that for you Taylor  :thumbup
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

anutz

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600, GSXR 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 27 November 2015, 04:34:57 pm »
no experience of this myself but seen parents both have to battle cancers as many probably have, all the best, and always keep a positive attitude, not easy, but really does help.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 27 November 2015, 06:09:36 pm »
     this but I think   everyone should understand how easy it is to get tested.   
Yep thats right I simple blood test to start with which is what I had at age 47, had no symptoms but because of my dad having it and leaving to spread I am taking no chances, and I will look into it but I think after two years I am due for another blood test in my books.
But when I first requested it I did some research (googled it ) as to why there is not a national screening and it was because that there is a risk of false positives which would then lead to extra tests needing to be sure which would lead to all the negative stress related problems that went with all that.   

Seperatly I too did the "well man thing" for over 45s after about 3 nag letters from the gp and the final one saying we wont ask you again, so I went and yes there was a blood test but all it was for was colestrol, they could of took that chance and screend for PC. 
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 27 November 2015, 07:43:58 pm »
Sorry to hear that taylor.....as already said, catching it early is the key.....get shopping for that mower, you'll be needing it next spring    :thumbup......NHS gets lots of stick, your about to find out just how good they are.. ;)

as another oldie i had man MOT and prostate blood test, prostate check done by local rugby club medics to raise charity funds.easy if you've not been tested before, none of that backside malarkey anymore   :thumbup
One, is never going to be enough.....

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 28 November 2015, 10:34:01 am »
sorry to hear that mate but stay strong and all the best for jan.

hotmetal

• Weekend Warrior
  • Set Fazer to stun
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 28 November 2015, 01:36:38 pm »
Sorry to hear this fella. Being a fit and otherwise healthy bloke with Foccer attitude will stand you in good stead. Sure they'll fix you up as they caught it early.

Admin on another forum I'm on is doing a charity ride (pedals and hills no 1000 cc of yamaha finest). I've donated. If some of you other foccers might want to do so too - here's the link.

https://www.justgiving.com/hitthehillswithglenn/
« Last Edit: 28 November 2015, 01:37:30 pm by hotmetal »
__
There's no replacement for displacement

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 28 November 2015, 01:54:14 pm »
Whatever happened to Movember and mens health awareness spotlight, I remember last year that some BBC news peeps were sporting the top lip caterpillar but I haven't seen anything about it this year anywhere.
Maybe the BBCs PC police have issued guidelines not to do it. Probably the BBCs diversity meter gos into negative and red lights start to flash if anything to do with men and mens health is talked about. They would rather have a 1/2 hour discussion on the "tampon tax" than talk about mens health.
Maybe this should of gone in the "gets my goat section" ? 
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 28 November 2015, 02:47:30 pm »
Iam with you fazersharp.mrs red is constantly going in for some sort of check up........if it wasn't for my recent man MOT , ive had none since I left school..........so, yes, were in the wrong section  :rolleyes
One, is never going to be enough.....

acid drop

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Yamaha MT-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 28 November 2015, 05:58:53 pm »
 Diagnosed at 66 with prostate cancer had it removed, apart from a drippy knob, I cant get it up anymore, but that is a small price for staying alive and I'm enjoying life and still biking

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 28 November 2015, 06:44:02 pm »
the lymph nodes have not been tested yet,   acid if I end up like that I will be a happy chap,  I feel like I am in a game of Russian roulette,    :eek

acid drop

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Yamaha MT-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 29 November 2015, 08:04:33 pm »
Fingers crossed for you taylor

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 09 December 2015, 10:17:14 pm »
all going well apart from waiting for a x ray result to see if it has spread to my bones and lungs,   I had it last Friday ?? where is it  :eek.  fucking hurry up,  getting very stressed..       mri tomz,  to be fair the nhs has been great  but this wait is very hard.   :(

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 09 December 2015, 10:25:29 pm »
Hang on in there lad. :thumbup

The waiting is always the foccing nightmare.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 18 December 2015, 03:44:02 pm »
had my results today,  its just contained to the prostate,  thank god,    caught it early that's a weight of my mind.       we are all going to die one day but when it is put in front of you its a different ball game.        MERRY XMAS EVERYONE, :lol

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 18 December 2015, 03:47:39 pm »
Good news, best wishes and a Merry Christmas
« Last Edit: 19 December 2015, 12:25:44 pm by Gnasher »