Date: 28-03-24  Time: 17:16 pm

Author Topic: Another newbie!  (Read 1028 times)

Tiercel

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Another newbie!
« on: 09 November 2015, 09:57:15 pm »
'ello all!

Just passed my DAS last week (first time too, much better than car test which I failed 3 times  :rollin ) and bought a lovely 2001 FZS600 for my first "proper" bike, upgrading from a lil YBR125 that Id been on for 18 months.

Touch wood, Ive not had any issues with the Fazer and hope it stays that way, but thought Id join here and get to learn a bit more about them!

Currently living in London, moved up here from Cornwall last year to train as a paramedic, got about 6 months left til graduation and eventually aiming to have a crack at the medic bikes but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves :P

Heres my new baby, only picked her up today and its the most fun Ive had biking so far by miles... absolutely shafts the ER6 I was learning on.  :D

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: Another newbie!
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2015, 12:54:48 am »
Hello and welcome, nice bike  :)

Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 November 2015, 05:03:04 am »
Hi Tiercel....a nice FAST bike there mate...my ex had an er6 and then bought an FZ6 and her opinion the same...it slaps it in all departments apart from consumption.

Regarding bike medics.....I don't think it's something u can apply for....once u have finished ur basic and then get some experience u can let em know ur interested but ultimately they choose u based on ur ability to work alone. I worked in endoscopy fixing/maintaining the scopes and used to hang around with a few paramedics and am pretty sure that's how it is.

Good luck tho....
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 November 2015, 10:05:52 am »
welcome aboard Tiercel.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
« Reply #4 on: 10 November 2015, 09:38:40 pm »
Welcome aboard! Good choice of first big bike. Was my first big bike 3 years ago and I'm still enjoying it loads.
Am also fairly local over in East London. Watch out for LoFo ride outs, and hope to see you about.