Date: 29-03-24  Time: 12:26 pm

Author Topic: Hein Gericke  (Read 1682 times)

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Hein Gericke
« on: 30 October 2015, 07:28:46 pm »
http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/clothing.html

Hein Gericke online shop now up and  running, bought stuff off them in past, still using summer gloves I bought off them 5 years ago.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Hein Gericke
« Reply #1 on: 31 October 2015, 09:18:57 am »
http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/clothing.html

Hein Gericke online shop now up and  running, bought stuff off them in past, still using summer gloves I bought off them 5 years ago.

Used to have a shop half a mile up the road from me, gone now though.
Bit pricey for clothing, but in fairness you do get more than you pay for.
Never quite understood how they've survived over here, their shops were always empty of customers whenever i've visited them.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2015, 10:52:12 am »
I've always bought H-G kit as it's very good value for money in comparison to other brands, and the kit works!

The website seemed to go down hill when they closed the shops, good to see its back on track again.

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2015, 11:31:19 am »
I'm still using my HG bike suit after 6yrs, just a wee bit of wear showing but nothing major, really chuffed with the quantity, dont know if the new stuff is made how it used to be, was in the new Glasgow store recently and it didn't quite look the same.
M&P have a sale on their Rukka stuff at the moment, even with it reduced a Rukka jacket costs more than my full suit did from HG :b
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

bobdog

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - mt09 tracer slr650
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 November 2015, 07:23:07 am »
dont see any goretex gear for sale on the site, £425 for a shelltex jacket! looks like they are loosing the quality they used to be good for.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 November 2015, 11:07:02 am »
Hein Gericke kit is generally good. The problem they had in this country was that the shops stocked "fashion" as opposed to functional kit.
If you take a look in a German Hein Gericke shop it's a veritable Aladdin's cave!
We recently (3 years ago) went on a weekend road trip to a friend near Frankfurt and whilst we were there popped into a "Polo" shop. Direct competitor to HG. Excellent kit and they have a website in English. Ordered a replacement jacket, which arrived in 3 days.

flesh

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 November 2015, 08:28:56 pm »
dont see any goretex gear for sale on the site, £425 for a shelltex jacket! looks like they are loosing the quality they used to be good for.

I had a look through the site and I agree with the above that they seem to have moved away from Goretex (probably due to the cost). Having used their Sheltex over the years it is just not in the same league.
The site also seems to have limited choice, although if you use the search function it tends to take you to their European site.
Will I be using them.......think not....there is now better kit out their for an equivalent price