Date: 28-03-24  Time: 09:12 am

Author Topic: Anyone play pool?  (Read 1931 times)

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
Anyone play pool?
« on: 25 September 2015, 04:29:56 pm »
Going to get a serious ass whooping tonight, lad in our team plays semi professional 9 ball, often gets into the semi finals against some of the biggest names on the circuit. So what did I do, only went and suggested we have an hour down the local pool hall.  :wall

Cannon fodder springs to mind :eek
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

flesh

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone play pool?
« Reply #1 on: 25 September 2015, 06:39:13 pm »
Ha....it will depend on how good you ;)
I'm a "decent" pool player and have played and beaten a number of Scottish and UK Champions in one-off games.
It is generally consistency that lets the normal pool player down so over the course of a number of games I have generally lost.

Best of luck......try and avoid the "granny" at least  :D

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 September 2015, 07:00:13 pm »
Ha....it will depend on how good you ;)
I'm a "decent" pool player and have played and beaten a number of Scottish and UK Champions in one-off games.
It is generally consistency that lets the normal pool player down so over the course of a number of games I have generally lost.

Best of luck......try and avoid the "granny" at least  :D

I can hold my own, about 50 50 in the league but he's focin scary. I've never seen anyone get so much spin on a ball that it starts to curve after it hit the cushion. If he goes in off on the black I'll take it lol

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 September 2015, 12:29:47 am »
8 4 to him, thats a result as far as I'm concerned

flesh

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 September 2015, 12:37:53 am »
Good result overall  ;)
Taking any games from a good player is always a result

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 September 2015, 07:47:12 am »
I was given a 6' x 3' table top snooker table as a Xmas gift by my cousin when i was 14 years old, and had a misspent youth playing snooker/pool up to 5hrs a day then unwittingly got a bit handy at it.
Went down a pub aged 16 and beat the whole pub team one by one then was asked to join on the spot.
Had my moments over the years, and beat some very good players, but the only one who i'll never forget was the UK American Pool champion at the time.
My pub back then had about 7 standard pool tables, plus an American sized one, so they invited this fella down on a themed night.
I eventually had 5 games against him, and the way it went was if i broke then missed, he cleared up, and if he broke, he cleared up.
He wasn't flash or big headed, it was just that the bastard never missed a shot, i was very impressed!
Got really bored with playing around age 25 so gave up with the teams, then it eventually just became a thing of the past as pool tables (and pubs) slowly disappeared.
I am now a bit hooked on the Miniclip 8 Pool on the iPad, because it's so realistic. 
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 September 2015, 09:31:22 am »
One of my ex girlfriends was one of the most naturally gifted players I've ever seen, she picked up a cue and within a few weeks beat everybody. You couldn't give her a chance, and I don't mean just pot balls, you couldn't snooker her as she new all the angles, could double both ways with her bloody eyes shut, bitch made it look so easy.

I was talking to an old mutual friend awhile ago and it seems once we split she packed the game up. Shame as she really should have gone for county trials.

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 September 2015, 12:25:21 pm »
I used to be addicted to pool back in the late 70s. Would race to the nearest pool table at lunchtime and wait my turn, winner stays on. I remember one day when a guy came in and chalked his name up sat patiently waiting his turn against me for about 45 minutes . I broke and potted each ball in turn, he never got a shot. Poor sod.

Another memorable shot was an office lunchtime session in Holborn. I was snookered on the black and our receptionist said........"If you pot that black you can have me on the reception desk!!!!!"

I masseed the cue ball and it swerved around the opponent's blocking ball, hit the black AND potted it.

She never came good on her promise.
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: 30 September 2015, 02:16:18 pm »
I used to play a lot in my youth and once beat a snooker player called the Silver Fox (David Taylor) in a five game match (3 games to 2) at Butlins, Bognor. I didn't have a clue who he was at the time. He had just won the snooker competition there and asked him if he wanted to play a game. I also won the disco dancing competition that week, and took the virginity of a Scottish lass called Debbie. Like a scene from That'll be the day. :rollin

What a week that was!
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 September 2015, 07:39:54 pm »
Wanted to play for a team many moons ago and vas told it depend on my game. Seven balled this lad off the break. Walked off the table and said will that do
Never had a 7 ball in a match before or since but was great timing if a little lucky for the break to open as it did.
Team turned out to be rubbish but a friend and I only lost one frame all season and I was so smashed I had to be steered towards the table, still took him to the black. Lol