Date: 29-03-24  Time: 06:07 am

Author Topic: What foccing Muppet came up with these? Cycle lane humps  (Read 7044 times)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
What foccing Muppet came up with these? Cycle lane humps
« on: 17 September 2015, 08:13:50 pm »
What foccing Muppet came up with Cycle lane humps as a method of segregating cyclists from the paying road tax traffic. :wall
I have never seen anything more stupid or dangerous in my life. Are they just trying to kill motorcyclists or what? :eek
They are even dangerous to cyclist never mind motorcyclists  :rolleyes

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--general-news/cycle-lane-humps-could-be-fatal-for-motorcyclists-says-mag/28159.html

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-cycle-lane-measures-could-10048733

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: What foccing Muppet came up with these? Cycle lane humps
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2015, 08:17:39 pm »
I blame the EU
( I blame all stupid ideas on the EU )
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2015, 08:21:44 pm »
Right up there with cable lane deviders
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

Brandane

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR 800 Vtec
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2015, 08:23:48 pm »
What foccing Muppet came up with Cycle lane humps as a method of segregating cyclists from the paying road tax traffic.

Paying road tax traffic? WTF? I happen to ride a pedal bike, as well as a motor bike. Oh and I drive a car, and a 44 tonne artic too. At a guess, I pay more road tax than you - although to be pedantic, road tax was abolished in the 1930's and it's now VED.. What do you want to do with all those zero rated cars then, get them off YOUR road too? Pedestrians as well? Just because I'm not a lazy fat foccer doesn't mean I'm not allowed to use the road too BTW..

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 September 2015, 08:32:02 pm »
Nothing that a snowplough couldn't sort out...........

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 September 2015, 08:41:21 pm »
 :eek words fail me...

bristol banger

• DAS Born Again
  • smooth an silky
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 September 2015, 08:44:25 pm »
Good sledgehammer will get rid of them, brandane I'm liking your idea of getting rid of pedestrians,cyclist and zero emission cars. It will free the roads up a bit :lol
Bollocks, bigger hammer required

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 September 2015, 08:52:46 pm »
Just my opinion.....

But i reckon you just dont get enough unicycles on the roads these days...more the merrier i reckon......and jumbo jets...lets av them too......no more runways to maintain and no more cycling to the nearest airport with all your luggage and kids either, just pop down your local road and cause mayhem :evil
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 September 2015, 09:27:17 pm »
Foccin brilliant......if the humps dont get you that post will......... :rolleyes
One, is never going to be enough.....

AndyL

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 September 2015, 09:38:21 pm »
As a cyclist I hate the idea of these. People seem to think that when there's a cycle lane you aren't allowed out of it even when they put the bloody things next to parking bays where people open their doors into you. With these if someone walks out in front of you you can't steer away from the danger even if there's nothing else using the road.

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 September 2015, 10:32:22 pm »

Christ on a bike. I'd not heard of these before: thought surely there aren't any in this country... a quick google suggests otherwise.

“For the past three years there have been 16 collisions in total on Royal College Street, 12 of them involved cyclists. There have been no collisions since the scheme with the Armadillos went in. Add in the health benefits of a 50% increase in cyclists and its a no brainer. Safe schemes save money for everyone and ones that increase cycling bring multiple benefits to the economy, environment and peoples health.“
Brian Deegan, Principal Technical Planner – Cycling, Transport For London

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 September 2015, 10:42:20 pm »
Foccin brilliant......if the humps dont get you that post will......... :rolleyes

:lol :lol

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 September 2015, 11:26:49 pm »
unreal ,,,,,,,what will the think of next "for our safety"  :rolleyes
please god let the sun keep shining

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 September 2015, 11:33:44 pm »
unreal ,,,,,,,what will the think of next "for our safety"  :rolleyes

Land mines?

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17 September 2015, 11:37:25 pm »
What foccing Muppet came up with Cycle lane humps as a method of segregating cyclists from the paying road tax traffic.

Paying road tax traffic? WTF? I happen to ride a pedal bike, as well as a motor bike. Oh and I drive a car, and a 44 tonne artic too. At a guess, I pay more road tax than you - although to be pedantic, road tax was abolished in the 1930's and it's now VED.. What do you want to do with all those zero rated cars then, get them off YOUR road too? Pedestrians as well? Just because I'm not a lazy fat foccer doesn't mean I'm not allowed to use the road too BTW..

All calm down. Riding pushbike on the streets shared with 44 tonne artic is just stupid and you should know that. We do not need funny humps. We need proper cycle lanes segregated like in continental Europe  :lol

And FYI nobody pays road tax in the UK. It is called vehicle excise duty and is not related to the road spendings at all. Does not matter who pays what. The government do as they wish  :rolleyes
« Last Edit: 17 September 2015, 11:38:58 pm by Val »
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

Brandane

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR 800 Vtec
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 21 September 2015, 07:44:05 am »

Riding pushbike on the streets shared with 44 tonne artic is just stupid and you should know that

Errm; nothing stupid about it. It SHOULD work perfectly well - IF everyone does what they are supposed to do, lorry drivers and cyclists included. It's the sense of entitlement by car drivers (mainly) who seem to think they own the foccing road because they pay VED (even though a lot of them pay FOC ALL - low emission cars and some "disabled" people who have conned the system) that focs things up. We ALL pay for the roads out of general taxes.
« Last Edit: 21 September 2015, 07:45:54 am by Brandane »

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 September 2015, 09:14:31 am »
They should try something like those painted lines you see on the approach to roundabouts, where at slow speed you hardly notice them but as the speed increases so does the vibration on the vehicle driving over them.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 September 2015, 10:54:45 am »
Makes you wonder if the people coming up with these "bright?" ideas ever tried cycling/riding a powered 2 wheeler/driving on our abysmal roads?
If the f*****g potholes and badly repaired surfaces dont get you then these "bumps" (just like speed bumps) surely will.
The nanny state takes away individual commonsense,responsibility & duty of care to other road users.
We dont need any of these crackpot schemes-just better behaviour & consideration from all different types of road user to one another.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 September 2015, 01:13:51 pm »

I'M  FAT does that mean I don't ride a bicycle? 
Make you right about the road tax digs though. These road humps do nothing for stopping the cyclist from swerving in to the car lane without regard for other road users. If they have to be there they should be a solid line like a curb
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 September 2015, 05:52:47 pm »
Makes you wonder if the people coming up with these "bright?" ideas ever tried cycling/riding a powered 2 wheeler/driving on our abysmal roads?
If the f*****g potholes and badly repaired surfaces dont get you then these "bumps" (just like speed bumps) surely will.
The nanny state takes away individual commonsense,responsibility & duty of care to other road users.
We dont need any of these crackpot schemes-just better behaviour & consideration from all different types of road user to one another.

I am all for been polite. And when I can I will let you go on your merry way with the pushbike. The problem is the roads are too narrow and you cannot fix that by been considerate to others do you? Hence cyclists dying like flies under truck tyres.

If you happen to listen to Boris that all is fine and try to squeeze between the the trucks and somebody smash you, it is not that truck driver is rude. They just do not see you. Hence riding a pushbike on the narrow roads must be banned.

And whilst driving in my big 4x4 around the circular at London Vauxhall station the guy with device like this has filtering  :eek

I almost smashed him like a pumpkin because I was not able to see him. Why the focc you ride this between trucks?  :wall :wall :wall
« Last Edit: 21 September 2015, 05:53:50 pm by Val »

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 September 2015, 06:37:01 pm »
Some have missed the point I was making,  :rolleyes it is the devices they are using to segregate the lanes I would have an issue with, they are highly dangerous to motorcycles and bicycles and possibly some cars if they hit them.
They will have little or no effect on large wheeled vehicles which are the ones most dangerous to cyclists.

Most cyclist are probably the most dangerous road user due to their total disregard for the rules of the road and the authorities put these things on the road to make the roads even more dangerous that it already is for others. :wall

Brandane

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR 800 Vtec
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 September 2015, 02:09:51 pm »

I am all for been polite. And when I can I will let you go on your merry way with the pushbike. The problem is the roads are too narrow and you cannot fix that by been considerate to others do you? Hence cyclists dying like flies under truck tyres.

If you happen to listen to Boris that all is fine and try to squeeze between the the trucks and somebody smash you, it is not that truck driver is rude. They just do not see you. Hence riding a pushbike on the narrow roads must be banned.

And whilst driving in my big 4x4 around the circular at London Vauxhall station the guy with device like this has filtering  :eek

I almost smashed him like a pumpkin because I was not able to see him. Why the focc you ride this between trucks?  :wall :wall :wall

Foc me; where to start? Was it a 4x4 OR a truck you were driving? 4x4's are not trucks - they are oversized cars with no purpose unless you are a farmer or live in the sticks in northern Scotland where it might snow a lot in the winter.
You couldn't see that guy on his tricycle? FFS, why not? I drive an artic and I would have seen him. My "truck" is fitted with things called mirrors, and you will find that if they are properly adjusted and you look in them - then you will be able to see everything. This fallacy about blind spots on lorries is a cop-out. The only time lorries have blind spots is when you are reversing them, or the unit/trailer are at major angles to each other. Your 4x4 doesn't have that problem.

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 September 2015, 08:57:13 pm »

Foc me; where to start?

You can start by admiting that riding one foot high foc-cycle is dangerous for example?

Not that I care.

Brandane

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR 800 Vtec
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 September 2015, 07:07:14 am »

Foc me; where to start?

You can start by admiting that riding one foot high foc-cycle is dangerous for example?

Not that I care.

They're only dangerous when there are blind foccers driving 4x4's around.
Not that you care. Just as well I don't have the same attitude when driving a truck (a real truck) or else there would be a lot of people in little 4x4's being "smashed like a pumpkin".
« Last Edit: 24 September 2015, 01:40:50 pm by Brandane »