Date: 19-04-24  Time: 15:47 pm

Author Topic: Hey gents....  (Read 2060 times)

SteayEddie

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • - '94 YZF750R
    • View Profile
Hey gents....
« on: 02 September 2015, 03:32:39 am »
.... I've been lurking around here for awhile on and off. More info than the other boards. Questions.... have a stock, other than the Coffmans Shorty, gen 1 "bee" paint job '03. What are little , mods for some improvement performance wise? I hear tons about "Ivanizing", flashing.... whats the deal? Anyone running a timing advancer? Worth it?

SEPTIKANGEL

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - GL1800 &amp Commando850
    • View Profile
Re: Hey gents....
« Reply #1 on: 02 September 2015, 08:18:27 pm »
That's a looker Eddie!!!
I'd recommend Ivanising - Full Monty - had a Gen1 done meself but sadly (stupidly) gave it away a coupla years ago - Full Monty again with my new (to me) Gen 1 just as soon as the Falcon lands again in Blighty.  I'm sure he'll be along soon, responds to a lit garage with coffee, not to mention laying down a little Wonga to make him strut his stuff, but very well worth both the time and patience to seek him out. The rewards unleash the beast, easier starting without choke, crisper throttle response, less surging, better mpg and besides putting a bigger grin on my smiler, took off like a faster thing wot goes fast and all without altering standard gearing or using ignition advancers (the latter of which I'm sure the Great Falcon will no doubt advise is not really necessary either).
« Last Edit: 02 September 2015, 08:20:44 pm by SEPTIKANGEL »
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.

SEPTIKANGEL

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - GL1800 &amp Commando850
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 September 2015, 08:28:45 pm »
Ahh, judging by your plate on other posts, you ain't local are you?   :rolleyes Sorry!!
Guess you'll be doing the work yourself then?
Ivanising for me for sure, but reckon from what I've read (no experience) the ignition advancer is not as worthy a mod as the Ivanising can be. Flashing....????
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.

PaulSmith

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 1000 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 September 2015, 11:18:38 am »
The ignition advancer gives you slightly easier starting and slightly crisper throttle response and is cheap as chips. I think it was definitely worth it but it is not a miracle cure.

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 September 2015, 05:47:57 pm »
Flashing probably refers to Fuel Injected bikes with Power Commanders and the like fitted so not relevant to the carbed bikes.

Ivans jet kit is definitely worth doing, alternatives are available in the US such as Ravenriders and Holeshot kits and there are some DIY mods that can be done which are on the US forums.

The ignition advancer adds a boost to the bottom end in terms of starting and low down power at the sacrifice of a bit of top end power. The benefits generally outweigh the disadvantages especially with an Ivanised bike which has plenty of top end so a couple of HP off peak power really isn't noticeable.

Handling can also be improved considerably by dropping the yokes down the forks 10-15mm and again by fitting a jack-up kit.

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 September 2015, 11:04:31 am »
That's a looker Eddie!!!
I'd recommend Ivanising - Full Monty - had a Gen1 done meself but sadly (stupidly) gave it away a coupla years ago - Full Monty again with my new (to me) Gen 1 just as soon as the Falcon lands again in Blighty.  I'm sure he'll be along soon, responds to a lit garage with coffee, not to mention laying down a little Wonga to make him strut his stuff, but very well worth both the time and patience to seek him out. The rewards unleash the beast, easier starting without choke, crisper throttle response, less surging, better mpg and besides putting a bigger grin on my smiler, took off like a faster thing wot goes fast and all without altering standard gearing or using ignition advancers (the latter of which I'm sure the Great Falcon will no doubt advise is not really necessary either).

:agree  wow shes a beauty mate,,bet that exhaust makes a nice rasp ,full monty ivanizing,,improve the rear shock ,r6/bmw 1000rr and drop the front 10/15 mm jobs done
please god let the sun keep shining

SteayEddie

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • - '94 YZF750R
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 September 2015, 02:53:55 am »
I've dropped the front about 10mm, dolt who put the registration on the tubes has it so if I go any lower the sticker comes off. As far as flashing, here's a quick copy of what I think it is..

I know many of you are aware of Ivan working on his own ECU mapping for the Gen II bikes but some who do not visit the Owners Association may not have learned of this. I am very curious about his results.

His flash is supposed to unlock most/all of what ECUnleashed unlocks. He is most focused at this time on the flies opening and the throttle snatch. He's unlocking the first through third gear restrictions and much more. But, he's not changing the fueling tables thus leaving that up to the owner to re-map using a Power Commander. This, I like!

The results he's posted thus far are promising. His current modding of the ECU with his full package and the IM and FCE disconnected has already yielded a few whiskers over 150 HP. :yes: And.... he's not done tuning yet. I am wondering about using his ECU flash once it is proven along with all the mods I've already put in place... and if he will have a map covering all of this.

Is it the R6 shock that's a swap in? I'm coming off a '94 YZF750R,

she'd read your mind when it came to handling/turning. Scared the shit out of myself a couple times barreling into a turn and having her respond so different. Think I want to swap the stock bars for a "superbike" bend?! You folks have some sweet rides, I've seen a couple bikes  blue and yellow with matching colored grab rails.... stock or come that way? And I already know what a stupid move selling off the YZF was.... they seem so common on your end.

This Coffmans Shorty is the cats ass, sounds fantastic... and then.... you pull the baffle and all hell breaks loose!!
« Last Edit: 05 September 2015, 02:55:14 am by SteayEddie »

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 September 2015, 12:22:32 pm »
The information you have posted regarding flashing refers to Gen II fuel injected bikes and is therefore not appropriate to your Gen I which is not fuel injected.

There is information regarding the R6 shock mod at the top of the Fazer 1000 forum page.
« Last Edit: 05 September 2015, 12:23:52 pm by PieEater »