Date: 24-04-24  Time: 07:17 am

Author Topic: Crash Repairers in Wokingham/Berkshire area  (Read 980 times)

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
Crash Repairers in Wokingham/Berkshire area
« on: 01 September 2015, 09:31:53 pm »
Hiya fellas,

Had my first collision in over 25yrs today. Polish van driver in a Mercedes box van pulled straight out in front, grabbed a handful, locked the front, stuck my left leg down and slammed into his wing on full left lock (bike stayed up). The right hand side of my fairing is buggered and also looks out of kilter - can only get one finger between front brake and fairing on full lock whilst a good four fingers between clutch and fairing on full lock.

Need to find a place for a repair quote nearish by (or in London as working there) so any recommendations welcome. Driver works for a Polish transport company but all good - have witnesses, insurance details, pics, reg etc. The owner wants a chance at a cash deal and have discussed with my insurance company who have logged it for now just to cover all angles.

As said, all recommendations welcome. Couple of pics below of his front wing - thought Mercs were supposed to be tough but maybe a Fazer fairing plus me at 6'4" and 18 stone is better  :lol

Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: Crash Repairers in Wokingham/Berkshire area
« Reply #1 on: 02 September 2015, 12:03:50 am »
Can't help you with the repairers, but it looks like you were damned lucky it wasn't worse! :thumbup

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 September 2015, 08:00:08 pm »
Hi frosties glad you're ok shame about the bike though.  I use a fella called steve at Farnborough-motorcyles. His number is 01252544479. He might be able to help.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 September 2015, 08:34:13 pm »
Sorry to hear that. Good news is you are fine  :thumbup

You can check these guys they are based in Binfield and do repair and paint work, not very far away from you. I've found them because planning to repaint the bike.

http://www.bodytone.co.uk/accident-repairs/3511236
« Last Edit: 02 September 2015, 08:34:58 pm by Val »
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 September 2015, 09:29:31 pm »
Hi frosties glad you're ok shame about the bike though.  I use a fella called steve at Farnborough-motorcyles. His number is 01252544479. He might be able to help.

Cheers for that Bri, much appreciated.  :thumbup

Sorry to hear that. Good news is you are fine  :thumbup

You can check these guys they are based in Binfield and do repair and paint work, not very far away from you. I've found them because planning to repaint the bike.

http://www.bodytone.co.uk/accident-repairs/3511236

Nice one Val - like you say, just round the corner from me.  :thumbup

You're both right - gutted about the bike but they can always be repaired/replaced. Suppose I was lucky I didn't lock and drop it under the rear wheels of his van, I'd have been more than pissed off then. Just had no time to stop but heh, live another day  :lol
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.