Date: 28-03-24  Time: 22:01 pm

Author Topic: Yous mighta almost got rid of me  (Read 7330 times)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Yous mighta almost got rid of me
« on: 20 August 2015, 08:07:25 pm »
wouldn't that be a treat......dont worry ill be lurking around.....theres always the what did you do with whatever else you got thread......except i havent got anything else yet :'(

Anyway it has been a pure joy on here, first forum i ever joined & i've had so much help both with the old FZS & the FZ1....i've been a complete ditherer with both bikes & it has been fun getting a bit of stick about it......personalities really do come across in here & i've had much chuckling to myself so many times.

This year has been a really forced effort.....because i still wasnt totally happy with the thou, coupled with the introduction of a micro noggy in my life...having a child is a wonderful thing, far exceeds my expectations...but it isnt condusive with going out on my own for days at a time on a bike.......so i needed the small ammount of time in th saddle to be just right.....yeh i can go quick on the thou, corner well on it but im not always fulfilled by the whole experience...sad really......still biking....just not friendly enough....why not try something else eh.

Glad i got the lofo ride in....really wanted to make the effort to meet some other foccers although im usually not in the best frame of mind for too much chat when my helmet comes off because my head is so fried with concentrating & loving riding & dying to get going again.

All being well ill be meeting Devilsyam inc & friend next Sunday & the mighty thou will be sold.....at a fair price i reckon as the bike needs a little bit of small time TLC & some fettling to bring it up to scratch.......described well as a thorn in my side...yes it is.....owes me £3500.00 spent on it originally & a shafting by the previous owner who did me out of all the original parts & was a complete bullshitter...& probably another £1000.00 trying to get it right.....i probably would have spent another £1000.00 & still found it just not quite right for me......such is life, only money.....but i just dont want to spend any more.

Will look out over the winter for an old school bargain i reckon....something that more suits the back roads and twisties of SW Wales

Thought id get a sneaky welsh spin on the beast today, back to work tomorrow.....would be my last chance.....got it outta the shed.......started foccing raining....as i said to DY.....it is Wales.....it was also a sign :rolleyes

Last pic of her in the garden...taken today in the rain after a wash.

ATB foccers. 8)
 :faz
« Last Edit: 22 August 2015, 09:36:18 pm by noggythenog »
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Yous mighta almost got rid of me
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2015, 08:27:40 pm »
Sounds like in the end it'll be the right move for you Noggy. You've clearly never been happy with that bike, and biking being all about fun, why stick with something you don't have any fun on? Think carefully about what you get next. More test rides? Read up on as many bikes as you can, then think about the kind of riding you'll be doing - which I think you have been.

Good luck with the next purchase, but stick around; you've kept us entertained, and been, ahem, a prolific poster so there's always something here to read!

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 August 2015, 08:34:25 pm »
Stick around you crazy fool, place wont be the same without you..........plenty of 600 boxeyes for sale  ;)
One, is never going to be enough.....

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 August 2015, 09:13:38 pm »
I wish you well noggy, you've been a great help to me and welcomed me when I joined.  I know what it's like having a wee one but both of mine are grown up now, 18 & 13 and you'll never get that time back to spend with them. I got back into biking after years of being away from them and it's been brilliant, hopefully you'll get that same feeling :)
As you said you'll still be popping back now and again I'm sure :)
Take care mate, all the best :)
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 August 2015, 09:47:16 pm »
Bye bye baby,baby good bye !!!!!!!!!

Oh I love you Noggy,,don't go
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 August 2015, 09:13:50 am »
There's tears and waving of hankys as you depart Noggy.:'(

Naaaa, is there hell!:P You ain't going far bud. Keep us informed what your next corner carver is pal, and hope you get the right machine for you. It's all trial and error.

And as for the little Noggy, treasure the years with em! Mine are 25 and 18 now, spent too much time away from my kids!!!
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 August 2015, 10:38:25 am »
We all know he will end up with a gen 1 fazer

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 August 2015, 10:53:32 am »
Here it comes...another Noggy 'what bike?' special  :eek  :'(

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 August 2015, 11:06:43 am »

Thanks chaps........but im keeping my next choice of cards close to my chest this time.

of course im dying to start off another thread.....will  see how long I last.....only a matter of time before I cant make my mind up about something.

all im saying at the moment is that it will be something cheap, couple of k tops....so therefore it will have to be kinda old school.....im not doing the fzs600 thing again....I couldn't live down flogging off all those cheap parts for one when I could have used them.

watch this space.......still haven't sold it yet

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 August 2015, 12:57:14 pm »
Keeping your cards close to your chest  :lol :lol :lol :lol

lets have a little think here......devils yam has helped you out with the sale of your gen 2.....devils yam is currently rebuilding the hedgetrimmer...a gen 1, which is the bike you should of bought in the first place.....secrets out mr nog     :lol
One, is never going to be enough.....

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 August 2015, 02:02:53 pm »
Keeping your cards close to your chest  :lol :lol :lol :lol

lets have a little think here......devils yam has helped you out with the sale of your gen 2.....devils yam is currently rebuilding the hedgetrimmer...a gen 1, which is the bike you should of bought in the first place.....secrets out mr nog     :lol

OOOOH....a conspiracy.....can I say "no comment" ;)

funny you mention that....I have been sent the Devilsyam 2015 catalogue.....& the Devilsyam tea towel :lol

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 August 2015, 11:55:01 pm »
noggy nawwwww!

you will be back on a gen 1 thou im sure - the bike you should have bought the FIRST time ;) :lol:

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 August 2015, 12:09:57 am »
noggy nawwwww!

you will be back on a gen 1 thou im sure - the bike you should have bought the FIRST time ;) :lol :

Ok..ill admit it....a gen 1 would probably suit me

But i aint gonna have one.....not yet anyway

Until next sunday im still a fazer owner & then the fun begins........

The next bike shall beeeeeee............

Cheap :)

Mid capacity 8)

Light 8)

Reliable (when new)

Desirable 8)

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 August 2015, 12:15:54 am »
Triumph street triple then :lol:

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 August 2015, 12:51:21 am »
Triumph street triple then :lol :

A prime example of an foc-u presumption......hmmm...yeeeays...sh........snort.....snort......ahctshtually.....snort shnort...shnort!

I do like the tripleceratopses!

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 23 August 2015, 08:05:44 am »
Noggy,us elders learned a long,long time ago that there is no perfect,ideal bike,,,different days,differentstyles of riding,,we all really would like 5 bikes in the garage,,but that aint going to happen ..

I think you should look at the Bergman,,suited to wise Scotsmen,even got child carrying space,compartment. lol  good luck but don't expect to find a perfect amswer.

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 August 2015, 09:35:17 am »
Good luck noggy i hope you stick around and keep us entertained :lol . as we have all said the perfect do it all bike for everyone hasnt been built yet. as the song goes its about wanting what you got- not getting what you want. :b .
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

bristol banger

• DAS Born Again
  • smooth an silky
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 August 2015, 11:57:08 am »
If your thinking of a gen1 noggy I could bring mine over next Sunday when I pick up the gen2 it's fully sorted viper seat, R6 rear shock, R1 forks, R1 5 spoke wheels, Ivans full Monty fitted by Mike. Will have 12 months mot.
Bollocks, bigger hammer required

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 August 2015, 03:51:13 pm »
Tiz a lovely Gen 1 BB 8)

But a gen 1 is more bike than i need right now.

I just need a little squirt, on the basis of this years riding it was mostly 50 mile blasts on B roads.

In hindsight yes i shoulda gone with a Gen 1 back instead of the Gen 2 because i tried to use it like a Gen 1 to begin with, long days in the saddle on fast A roads and exploring Welsh countryside....went to scotland and back on it via Skye.

Can see me owning a Gen 1 one day in the future when my circumstances change.......probably when the only ones left are crazy prices......do t wish to dissuade you from buying mine but it is a shame you are getting rid o this one.

See you Sunday & pm me if you have any questions.

Cheers

Nog
« Last Edit: 23 August 2015, 04:23:17 pm by noggythenog »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 August 2015, 04:17:23 pm »
Street Triple would be right up your....erm...street  :lol I know of folks who manage touring with luggage on them, as well as Sunday blasts, so they are quite capable, if not ideal for that.

But I know you won't go for one.

I think you will go for an MT-07. I don't think you will be far wide of the mark with that, but you will miss the performance, never mind of the gen 2, but of the FZS600 even.

All this talk of not finding the perfect bike just makes me realise how lucky I am with the gen 1s, as with the mods that are on mine, it damn nigh is for me. All desire to try other bikes is just that - a fancy. I'll never trade or otherwise get rid of a gen 1 (willingly  :lol:D

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 August 2015, 05:31:50 pm »
Good luck noggy i hope you stick around and keep us entertained :lol . as we have all said the perfect do it all bike for everyone hasnt been built yet. as the song goes its about wanting what you got- not getting what you want. :b .

It has, it has,  it is a carburettored fazer  :lol :lol :lol