Date: 23-04-24  Time: 08:50 am

Author Topic: FZ8 Doesn't qute cut the mustard.  (Read 3188 times)

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
FZ8 Doesn't qute cut the mustard.
« on: 19 February 2012, 09:14:38 pm »
Well, after a week of anticipation and exitement at the thought of getting a new FZ8, unfortunately it didn't happen. I had put a returnable deposit on the last blue FZ8-N to hold it until I had test ridden it. I covered motorways, twisties and town work but when I got off, and thought about the ride, I've got to say it was really quite an anti climax. Dont get me wrong, I wrang its neck in certain places where I could, and it was quite quick too, handled ok and was fairly comfortable but it just lacked something.
I didn't get that big silly grin that I normally get after a good blat. The difference between the FZ8 and my little FZS600 is, in my opinion not worth the extra money each month. And for those reasons I will not be parting with any cash.
However, I am booked up for a test ride on the FZ1-N next weekend and am looking forward to that, I hope I get the grin factor this time around.  :rolleyes

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
Re: FZ8 Doesn't qute cut the mustard.
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2012, 02:25:50 pm »
If you don't get a grin with an FZ1 then your jaw must be broken and your lips must be stitched together!!!!

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2012, 06:06:34 pm »
I used to have a Street Triple 675 and that always put a grin on my face after riding it for a blast. Longer trips/touring it wasnt so good.

Janet

• DAS Born Again
  • Mad woman
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
    • Torque Monsters Home Page
« Reply #3 on: 23 February 2012, 09:32:29 am »
Well, after a week of anticipation and exitement at the thought of getting a new FZ8, unfortunately it didn't happen. I had put a returnable deposit on the last blue FZ8-N to hold it until I had test ridden it. I covered motorways, twisties and town work but when I got off, and thought about the ride, I've got to say it was really quite an anti climax. Dont get me wrong, I wrang its neck in certain places where I could, and it was quite quick too, handled ok and was fairly comfortable but it just lacked something.
I didn't get that big silly grin that I normally get after a good blat. The difference between the FZ8 and my little FZS600 is, in my opinion not worth the extra money each month. And for those reasons I will not be parting with any cash.
However, I am booked up for a test ride on the FZ1-N next weekend and am looking forward to that, I hope I get the grin factor this time around.  :rolleyes

That sounds very similar to my route onto an FZ1-N from a Hornet 600, see http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,21.msg2172.html#msg2172

Interestingly, I've also spotted that the FZ8 appears to be one insurance group HIGHER than the FZ1, see http://www.powerseeker.co.uk/motorbike-insurance-groups.php (groups 15 and 16).

In my case the FZ1-NA (ABS) was also being offered to me slightly cheaper than the FZ8-N (non-ABS), so it was a bit of a no-brainer to go for the brain-out bike!