Date: 26-04-24  Time: 01:57 am

Author Topic: Intercom system.  (Read 1022 times)

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
Intercom system.
« on: 09 August 2015, 04:05:30 pm »
Currently got BT intercom between me and the missus, but having problems with excessive wind noise from pillion set above 60 ish mph and don't really rate them. :thumbdown

I'm considering going for a hardwire system such as Starcom or Autocom. Just after a few opinions and pro's/con's of the systems. Anyone used them?

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Intercom system.
« Reply #1 on: 09 August 2015, 08:47:12 pm »
I am not happy with the bt earpieces,speakers,, what about chopping the wires and using  in the ear speakers,,insert type ?

could it work?
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 August 2015, 09:22:39 pm »
I use one of these http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=280951220746&alt=web with  baofeng radio. Whole lot  can be had for about £40 -  £45, our regular group all have the same, range is around 3 miles.  I use mine every day on the commute as I can listen to the wireless (radio two nowadays). The headset is really good to be fair, better than my mates autocom one
Intentionally left blank

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 August 2015, 10:38:42 pm »
Got these at the mo.

I BT to my phone for my daily commute with music, but it's patchy and cuts out occasionally. Phone calls are a bit lame, as the volume is set too low.
And talking to my pillion is good quality up to 60ish when wind noise takes over.

You can however control the play/pause/volume/skip without touching your phone. Something my old reliable vimoto BT didn't have. Nor pillion connection.

Cheap crap really!

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!