Date: 25-04-24  Time: 12:13 pm

Author Topic: The French causing probelms again.  (Read 24441 times)

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: The French causing probelms again.
« Reply #50 on: 27 July 2015, 08:37:33 pm »
People do complain to their MPs and MEPs but nothing happens because you are immediately  classed as a racist or fascist  when the subject of  any kind of immigration control is mentioned.

I contacted my local MP a number of times on this and similar matters. The response was usually generic and in all honesty patronising - to be fair the one time their researcher came back in detail was when I queried a news story ran by MCN that motorcycle VED was to rise much faster than inflation and more than other classes of vehicles; MCN had the story very wrong (surprise, surprise).

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 27 July 2015, 09:05:15 pm »
what I can't understand is why don't these lorries have locks on their doors .

most lorries do have locks. they just bust the locks open when the driver stops overnight/for a piss/for food and climb in. some even sit under the lorries on top of the axles and just hold on  :eek

or slash a hole in the side if its a curtain sider.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 27 July 2015, 10:50:52 pm »
what I can't understand is why don't these lorries have locks on their doors .
Bolt croppers usually make short work of padlocks!
The humanitarian crisis is what worries me and we must(all western nations) shoulder our share of the blame for supporting crazy despotic regimes just so we can keep our armaments industries in business. And when its suited us to storm in & destabilize these countries. No wonder radical Islam thrives.
We dont as humans appear to be able to learn anything from history and seem doomed to repeat the same mistakes over & over again.
What would I do if i was desperate enough?-cant answer that since Ive been fortunate enough to have been born in the UK and benefit from our education system/NHS etc
Guess its easier for the Italians, Spanish,French to move the problem out of sight & preferably over the channel to us.
Yes we can blame our "elected" so- called leaders but theyre not about to "rock the boat"(excuse pun) are they. Perhaps true leaders only appear in times of national crisis like Churchill in 1940.
I dont care whether people call me a racist/pacifist/bigot whatever but I do care about my children & grandchildrens future-we kowtowed to Hitler until it was almost too late, but the whole system operates on fear & greed just like always!

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 27 July 2015, 11:29:29 pm »
The humanitarian crisis is what worries me and we must(all western nations) shoulder our share of the blame for supporting crazy despotic regimes just so we can keep our armaments industries in business. And when its suited us to storm in & destabilize these countries. No wonder radical Islam thrives.
indeed, and we continue to exploit these countries for political or economic reasons. The problem won't go away until wealth is redistributed from rich to poor nations.
Guess its easier for the Italians, Spanish,French to move the problem out of sight & preferably over the channel to us.
We don't have Schengen, and we are the only one of these counties to have a natural sea border. If you go to Sicily or southern Spain you will find far more migrants than at Calais. Germany has taken many more refugees than the UK.

Billy Balthorpe

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 2 X 1987 fzr1000's, VN800
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 27 July 2015, 11:35:47 pm »
If you go to Calais you will see these guys wandering round wearing new trainers, decent clothes and almost all of them have an MP3 player headphones either in their ears or round their necks. I'm not exaggerating these observations, this is what I saw, anyone who goes to Calais will see the same thing. In most cases they were dressed better than us.
When we peeled off the A16 onto the Eurotunnel slip road 5 or 6 guys came running up the embankment waving for us to stop, we ignored them of course, but I found myself wondering what they wanted, we were on fully loaded bikes FFS. Thinking about it the only thing we could have given them is cash, but do they really think people will stop on a motorway slip road and ask what they wanted with all the publicity thats surrounding them?

Something needs to be done short term, probably sending ANY person found in this country illegally from outside the EU back to either Calais or wherever they came from. Before anyone makes a comparison with the people who came from the West Indies in the 50's and 60's and all the "Send 'em back" rhetoric which was around years after, we ASKED those people to come here because we needed them, we did not ask the people trying to sneak in now to come here, we DONT need them!
Something also needs to be done long term, we need to stop making this country so appealing to them, but this will be difficult as they believe that they will be made welcome here, as told to them by the traffickers and the general gossip between themselves. The UK is the promised land, once you get in there's free money, housing, clothes, and when they get accepted by the authorities, the chance to bring over their families to increase their burden on the rest of us who are paying for all this.   

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 28 July 2015, 08:47:02 am »
If you go to Calais you will see these guys wandering round wearing new trainers, decent clothes and almost all of them have an MP3 player headphones either in their ears or round their necks. I'm not exaggerating these observations, this is what I saw, anyone who goes to Calais will see the same thing. In most cases they were dressed better than us.
When we peeled off the A16 onto the Eurotunnel slip road 5 or 6 guys came running up the embankment waving for us to stop, we ignored them of course, but I found myself wondering what they wanted, we were on fully loaded bikes FFS. Thinking about it the only thing we could have given them is cash, but do they really think people will stop on a motorway slip road and ask what they wanted with all the publicity thats surrounding them?

Something needs to be done short term, probably sending ANY person found in this country illegally from outside the EU back to either Calais or wherever they came from. Before anyone makes a comparison with the people who came from the West Indies in the 50's and 60's and all the "Send 'em back" rhetoric which was around years after, we ASKED those people to come here because we needed them, we did not ask the people trying to sneak in now to come here, we DONT need them!
Something also needs to be done long term, we need to stop making this country so appealing to them, but this will be difficult as they believe that they will be made welcome here, as told to them by the traffickers and the general gossip between themselves. The UK is the promised land, once you get in there's free money, housing, clothes, and when they get accepted by the authorities, the chance to bring over their families to increase their burden on the rest of us who are paying for all this.

I totally agree with you.

If these were genuine refugees there would be women and children. There would be no smart phones. There would be much less tendency to threatening behaviour. These people are economic migrants and as such have no valid grounds to seek asylum in the UK (or anywhere else in the EEA for that matter). I wonder how many who have travelled from war zones are using Calais as a 'rat line' and pose a potential danger if allowed into the UK?

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 28 July 2015, 09:22:39 am »
People do complain to their MPs and MEPs but nothing happens because you are immediately  classed as a racist or fascist  when the subject of  any kind of immigration control is mentioned.

Have you or anyone written to your MP/MEP and got that sort of response? If so please feel free to name and shame and do something about it.

This is what our current PM said recently.

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-speech-on-immigration 

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 28 July 2015, 01:54:32 pm »
Because of the stupid voting system we have in the UK,first past the post those who mention immigration will never get a fair shout in parliament.
The party that polled the 3rd largest number of votes in the last uk election was UKIP, 12.6% of the vote 1 member of parliament elected.

I am sorry to say this but if these people are willing to risk their lives crossing the Medi in some wreck of a boat let them but no way should they be taken onboard any other vessel to be rescued. The west has the naval power to turn these boats back to were they came from and that is what they should be doing. An old trick they use is when they see a ship they will set there own craft on fire to draw attention to the fact that they are now in distress and the law of the sea is that if possible they are to be rescued.

New trainers and decent clothing on these so called refugees , well obviously they are helping themselves when then break into wagons parked up for the night. I am really surprised that to date some poor truck driver has not been murdered in their own wagons.

I am a firm believer that the UK must lend more assistance to the French in the port areas of France to help kerb and control these scumbags. Like it or not that is what the vast majority of these illegals are. Every wagon should be stopped and searched before arriving in the port area and again when they get into the port. Open the back of a wagon and let a sniffer dog into the container the fact that it is a Rottweiler , Doberman or an Alsatian may prove to be an effective deterrent.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 28 July 2015, 04:08:30 pm »
I am a firm believer that the UK must lend more assistance to the French in the port areas of France

+1

Its now turned into a lawless scrum and something HAS to be done locally NOW or someone will get killed.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #59 on: 28 July 2015, 06:06:03 pm »
:agree

The French are turning a blind eye to it 99% of the time as they just want the people out of France and into the UK.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 28 July 2015, 07:09:40 pm »
I know Bob I've witnessed it for myself. There were scores of bobbys spread out along the approach roads just watching the migrants walking in the road to force the trucks to stop while all their mates were bashing away at the truck doors to get them open.  One day a trucks not going to stop and take half s dozen of them to meet their maker.
Getting back to spoiled loads, the andrex paper mill by me regularly find stowaways when a delivery of paper unloads and the whole truck load gets destroyed because of the piss and shit'

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 28 July 2015, 07:38:32 pm »
I know Bob I've witnessed it for myself. There were scores of bobbys spread out along the approach roads just watching the migrants walking in the road to force the trucks to stop while all their mates were bashing away at the truck doors to get them open.  One day a trucks not going to stop and take half s dozen of them to meet their maker.
Getting back to spoiled loads, the andrex paper mill by me regularly find stowaways when a delivery of paper unloads and the whole truck load gets destroyed because of the piss and shit'

at the least the illegals can wipe their arse in comfort!

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 28 July 2015, 07:45:33 pm »
Interesting fact, single asylum seekers get higher living benefits in France than the UK http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33268521

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #63 on: 28 July 2015, 07:58:30 pm »
Asylum seekers may get better benefits but they have to wait longer for it and provide more evidence that they are asylum seekers.
In the UK we have a weak government who give in to the EU too easily. The French don't.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 28 July 2015, 08:04:23 pm »
Its now turned into a lawless scrum and something HAS to be done locally NOW or someone will get killed.

I think millions already have died.  Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria and so on.

But none of you give a fuck about that.

Getting shot of Gaddafi was a mistake and you could say the same of Sadam (and maybe even Assad).  These despots ran authoritarian states which generally caused the West no problems, suppressed radical Islam and maintained border controls.

Most of these guys were our guys.  If they weren't our guys they were the Russian's guys.  Countries  like Iraq were drawn up by ourselves to suit our own interests.  Indeed that lovely sweet racist Winston Churchill gassed the Kurds long before Saddam did the same in 1988 with the chemicals that we had sold him.  Of that nobody cared until it suited us to care over 15 years later, and of course still nobody uttered a word of Churchill's slaughter.

Here's an interesting wee article

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13499912.UK_government_spent_13_times_more_bombing_Libya_than_on_rebuilding_post_war/

Says it all really.

If these were genuine refugees there would be women and children. There would be no smart phones.

I pissed myself at that.  Who decided that a refugee can't have a smart phone?  Foc me!

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 28 July 2015, 09:02:16 pm »
Does the name Custer mean anything to you  :rolleyes
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 28 July 2015, 10:18:42 pm »
More facts from the BBC article
Last year, 38.8% of UK decisions ended in a grant of asylum or an alternative form of protection. For France the rate was 21.7%.

But, while the rate of approval differed between France and the UK, the overall number of people allowed to stay was 10,050 in the UK, for France it was 14,905, because France had more than twice as many applicants.
So that debunks much of the myth about France dumping their asylum seekers on the UK.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 28 July 2015, 10:19:46 pm »
Well said VNA, Afghanistan,Iraq,Libya, Syria dead, I don't give a fuck about that. What I do give a fuck about is the 100,000s of thousand crossing the Medi and finding there way through Europe, a lot heading for the UK to scrounge of the state. Fuck the lot of them send them back. All you bang on about is fucking history about what we did in the past. Yes a lot of it was crap, so what are we supposed to do now say fucking sorry and welcome them with open arms.
Get real for fucks sake.
Youth unemployment in the whole of the EU is through the roof.We need to take care of our own fuck these tossers back to were they come from.
« Last Edit: 28 July 2015, 10:22:06 pm by lew600fazer »
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

griff86

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 29 July 2015, 06:38:11 am »
Totally agree with you Lew, fuck the lot of them.

Stop having sex and multiplying when you can't support the lives you're bringing into this world.

If I was starving and lived in a war torn country the last thing I would be thinking is 'hey, fancy having lots of kids?'   

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 29 July 2015, 06:40:59 am »
If there is 5,000 of them at the tunnel all hell would break loose if they all decided to storm the tunnel,,,we hopefully have a plan for that :o perhaps not,,if the army collected them at our end,,what would they do with them then?
We need a door to keep them in France :lol
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #70 on: 29 July 2015, 06:49:45 am »
Youth unemployment? You want democracy and capitalism, why stop employers from getting cheaper labour?! You didn't mind cheap materials from 3rd world countries, why mind cheap labour?
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 29 July 2015, 07:02:39 am »
If there is 5,000 of them at the tunnel all hell would break loose if they all decided to storm the tunnel,,,we hopefully have a plan for that :o perhaps not,,if the army collected them at our end,,what would they do with them then?

Let em storm the tunnel. We just extend it all the way back to Africa  :lol

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 29 July 2015, 08:19:45 am »

Let em storm the tunnel. We just extend it all the way back to Africa  :lol

And use them to dig it, giving them useful emlpoyment and returning them at the same time, problem solved. :)

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 29 July 2015, 08:37:53 am »

I think millions already have died.  Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria and so on.

But none of you give a fuck about that.

Getting shot of Gaddafi was a mistake and you could say the same of Sadam (and maybe even Assad).  These despots ran authoritarian states which generally caused the West no problems, suppressed radical Islam and maintained border controls.

Most of these guys were our guys.  If they weren't our guys they were the Russian's guys.  Countries  like Iraq were drawn up by ourselves to suit our own interests.  Indeed that lovely sweet racist Winston Churchill gassed the Kurds long before Saddam did the same in 1988 with the chemicals that we had sold him.  Of that nobody cared until it suited us to care over 15 years later, and of course still nobody uttered a word of Churchill's slaughter.

Here's an interesting wee article

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13499912.UK_government_spent_13_times_more_bombing_Libya_than_on_rebuilding_post_war/

Says it all really.

If these were genuine refugees there would be women and children. There would be no smart phones.

I pissed myself at that.  Who decided that a refugee can't have a smart phone?  Foc me!

Nobody said they couldn't have phones, but when these migrants prioritise carrying a phone over a passport and bringing their own families something stinks. Where is the phone registered, I doubt the Eritrean Phone Board provide free EU roaming! It's not unknown for an illegal (found to be illegal, with no right to asylum proven in court) to return 2 or 3 times and be picked up by UKBA or the police several times over. I consider that an utter waste of money. As a law abiding citizen it really narks me that people can repeatedly break this law, yet when we detain people who are here without established legitimacy the dogooders complain.

England is in the top 10 countries by population density with more than 10 million people; we are running short on public services meaning quality is being undermined. We already have housing crisis and homelessness, yet somehow we want to place those systems under more pressure.

I won't take personal responsbility for the actions of those before my time or in the present. That Iraq was divided by folk 70 years ago is beyond my control  - even last year there were idiots talking about the futures of countries based on oil revenues, so times haven't changed on that one. I was against the War in Iraq and am unsure what they were thinking on that one.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #74 on: 29 July 2015, 08:50:01 am »
2000 broke into the tunnel area Monday night
1500 broke into the tunnel last night. 1 died.

Disruption and problems again.