Date: 28-03-24  Time: 15:02 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 641958 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #3050 on: 10 February 2019, 08:40:10 pm »
"Look at me""How dare you""Close your eyes"Is it just me that is sick of hearing and seeing this clip
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: 10 February 2019, 09:36:46 pm »

"Look at me""How dare you""Close your eyes"Is it just me that is sick of hearing and seeing this clip

Yep it's had a fair old airing hasn't it. She's the darling of the moment. I expect it'll clean up at the Bafta's. Awards ceremonies mean little to me, but the Queen film was excellent. Watched it in Imax when it came out. Recommended :)

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: 10 February 2019, 09:51:54 pm »
That’s surprising. I replaced the two 4’ fluorescents in my kitchen with LED tubes a few weeks ago and feel like I need sunglasses in there.

You sure.  The ones they give us a work, which I think are cheapies, are nowhere near as bright as conventional tubes.  They do sometimes fool people into thinking they are quite bright as they tend to have a cold blue colour temp, rather then the warm yellow of conventional. 

Thinking about it, you’re probably right. Though I went for a 2700K colour temperature the 18W LED tubes do only claim 1800 lumens and the old fluorescents appear to be 3000.
The difference in brightness is doubtless because the old tubes are getting on a bit… they’re the originals I installed shortly after moving in, so are about 28 years old.
Also, it’s winter so my kitchen is usually pretty cold when I turn the lights on and fluorescents are famously dim until they warm up. I’m probably comparing 1800 lumens with about 800 as a result.   :rollin

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: 10 February 2019, 10:09:30 pm »
The difference in brightness is doubtless because the old tubes are getting on a bit… they’re the originals I installed shortly after moving in, so are about 28 years old.
Foc me!  That must be a record.  Yeah tubes do lose a bit of brightness over time.  Plus the modern fluorescents are much brighter these days. 

The LED might be nicer light, if it's not too blue, as they don't have the flicker which can make fluorescents tiring.

I put phillips LED downlighters in my kitchen.  I like them a lot. 

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: 10 February 2019, 10:10:56 pm »
That’s surprising. I replaced the two 4’ fluorescents in my kitchen with LED tubes a few weeks ago and feel like I need sunglasses in there.

You sure.  The ones they give us a work, which I think are cheapies, are nowhere near as bright as conventional tubes.  They do sometimes fool people into thinking they are quite bright as they tend to have a cold blue colour temp, rather then the warm yellow of conventional. 

Thinking about it, you’re probably right. Though I went for a 2700K colour temperature the 18W LED tubes do only claim 1800 lumens and the old fluorescents appear to be 3000.
Also, it’s winter so my kitchen is usually pretty cold when I turn the lights on and fluorescents are famously dim until they warm up. I’m probably comparing 1800 lumens with about 800 as a result.   :rollin
2700k is IMO nasty yellow, I go for 6000k or 65000k and have I have 62 LED bulbs in Sharp Hall. So far I have been lucky with them not blowing early but there are the odd duffers, and I am having particular trouble with GU9 fitting bulbs. I get most of mine now from CPC       

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: 11 February 2019, 12:12:07 am »
2700k is IMO nasty yellow
Is perfect for domestic use.  Warm and relaxing.

I go for 6000k or 65000k
Ideal for industrial use.  What we use at work.  Cold blue, or direct summer light.  It can seem brighter than it really is as it is very harsh.
« Last Edit: 11 February 2019, 12:13:45 am by VNA »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: 11 February 2019, 10:57:03 am »
2700k is IMO nasty yellow
Is perfect for domestic use.  Warm and relaxing.

I go for 6000k or 65000k
Ideal for industrial use.  What we use at work.  Cold blue, or direct summer light.  It can seem brighter than it really is as it is very harsh.
The problem with scotland though is that you are not used to daylight  :pokefun There is a middle ground widely available which is 4000k.
A tip to others is not to go by the colour description apart from when they say warm yellow because I have seen 4000k described as daylight when it is still on the yellow side.So always go by the k value.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: 11 February 2019, 11:09:20 am »
If you owned a dog that kept dumping in everyone elses garden there'd be hell to pay.
Also cat owners always claim to be animal lovers, yet their pets go around killing all the songbirds :rolleyes

:thumbup  I absolutely love birds. Cats are evil,couldn't hurt one though,I'm as soft as shit when it comes to any animals. :\
What about Rats? :eek

believe it or not apart from wheals disease etc they are supposed to be cleaner than squirrels! :eek
Yes, that may be true, but there are a lot more of them to contend with.  :rolleyes

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: 11 February 2019, 11:12:48 am »
A thread in a motorcycle forum on Brexit, when we all know which ever way it falls it will be a disaster up for some one or some group.  :rolleyes

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: 11 February 2019, 08:11:45 pm »
Foccin wankers councils and their approach to gritting!!
Had 2 weeks worth of cold weather and icy mornings.... not a bit of salt in sight. Today 10 degrees, beautiful sunshine..... low and behold at 6 o clock the fucking gritters are out!?
So now tomorrow the maim roads will be covered in dry slippery salt. It's almost like there is someone deliberately gunning for bikers 🤯🤯🤯

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3060 on: 11 February 2019, 08:44:00 pm »
Foccin wankers councils and their approach to gritting!!
Had 2 weeks worth of cold weather and icy mornings.... not a bit of salt in sight. Today 10 degrees, beautiful sunshine..... low and behold at 6 o clock the fucking gritters are out!?
So now tomorrow the maim roads will be covered in dry slippery salt. It's almost like there is someone deliberately gunning for bikers 🤯🤯🤯

They cannot send the gritter drivers out in the ice. Its a H&S issue.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: 11 February 2019, 09:18:02 pm »
A thread in a motorcycle forum on Brexit, when we all know which ever way it falls it will be a disaster up for some one or some group.  :rolleyes

It was Steve1062cc what done that.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: 11 February 2019, 09:32:44 pm »

It was Steve1062cc what done that.

What a grass  :lol
That's like the kid who started something naughty, then someone else told him to go somewhere else and do it, then despite being the main culprit and contributor, when it comes on top, he points the finger at the one who told him to go elsewhere....... You just keep getting better and better.... Keep em coming  :rollin

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: 11 February 2019, 09:50:06 pm »
BREXIT gets ma foccin goat >:

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: 12 February 2019, 08:36:08 am »
YES guilty as charged and I bitterly regret it, never has the same arguments been used by so few to bore so many 
« Last Edit: 12 February 2019, 11:16:49 am by steve 10562cc »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: 12 February 2019, 11:12:52 am »

It's clearly titled as being a thread about Brexit. If people find it so distressing why are they clicking on it and reading it? :rolleyes

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: 12 February 2019, 02:48:48 pm »
Not aimed at you Yamfazfan but guess you knew that

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: 12 February 2019, 04:16:16 pm »
YES guilty as charged and I bitterly regret it, never has the same arguments been used by so few to bore so many 
It was a good idea to set it up to stop brexit stuff

INVADING OTHER THREADS  :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: 12 February 2019, 08:27:27 pm »
You are the proud creator of the most popular thread on the foc-u forum so far thus year. :D

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: 14 February 2019, 04:02:16 pm »
Wonderful sorry about that it's nothing to be proud of.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: 14 February 2019, 05:24:06 pm »

Wonderful sorry about that it's nothing to be proud of.

Why's it so shameful to start a thread about the biggest topic of the moment?.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: 14 February 2019, 05:56:35 pm »
Why's it so shameful to start a thread about the biggest topic of the moment?.
What is shameful is Steve stuck my name in the title.  Shocking.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: 14 February 2019, 08:36:06 pm »
People who went to fight for or support Is/Isis and now want to come back to the UK so their children can be brought up in a non caliphate state, at UK citizens expense, while having no regrets and without changing their views

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: 14 February 2019, 09:21:49 pm »
People who went to fight for or support Is/Isis and now want to come back to the UK so their children can be brought up in a non caliphate state, at UK citizens expense, while having no regrets and without changing their views   
I understand your view and have some sympathy for it.

However, the UK  has long sucked up to the Wahhabist Saudi state.  ISIS practises Wahhabism and sourced much of it’s funding from Saudi.  And of course, with our illegal and immoral wars we created the vacuum that led to the rise of ISIS.  We have also sat back and let our Saudi ‘friends’ spread their sick depraved interpretation of Islam around the world, and indeed across Europe and the UK. 

I would therefore argue that Shamima Begum is just another victim of our own shear and utter ignorance and stupidity. 

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: 14 February 2019, 11:24:03 pm »
I understand your view and have some sympathy for it.

However, the UK  has long sucked up to the Wahhabist Saudi state.  ISIS practises Wahhabism and sourced much of it’s funding from Saudi.  And of course, with our illegal and immoral wars we created the vacuum that led to the rise of ISIS.  We have also sat back and let our Saudi ‘friends’ spread their sick depraved interpretation of Islam around the world, and indeed across Europe and the UK. 
I would therefore argue that Shamima Begum is just another victim of our own shear and utter ignorance and stupidity. 

Could you tell us who IYO we should vote for to stop all this.