Date: 28-03-24  Time: 10:27 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 641618 times)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #2925 on: 21 December 2018, 11:53:48 am »
Its not a drone, its a probe from Mars trying to find out where that lander came from thats stopping all the Martians from walking about on the surface.

Bull shit we all know the truth of it

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2926 on: 21 December 2018, 12:06:15 pm »
Why have they not shot that drone down on the first day.

Snipers don't tend to deal with fast moving targets and if you can't guarantee a hit, where is that bullet going to come down?

Also shotguns have an effective range of maybe 100 metres (depending on load), so the chances of being in the right place are pretty slim.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: 21 December 2018, 12:10:46 pm »
Its not a drone, its a probe from Mars trying to find out where that lander came from thats stopping all the Martians from walking about on the surface.
:lol
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2928 on: 21 December 2018, 01:49:32 pm »

Also shotguns have an effective range of maybe 100 metres (depending on load), so the chances of being in the right place are pretty slim.

With enough people around the perimeter of the airport, spaced at say 75m apart, we could get it :pokefun
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: 21 December 2018, 02:25:54 pm »

With enough people around the perimeter of the airport, spaced at say 75m apart, we could get it :pokefun

Make a nice change from clays

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2930 on: 21 December 2018, 05:42:04 pm »
:agree

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: 21 December 2018, 06:41:26 pm »

If it was that easy I'm sure they'd have done it. Drones can reach many thousands of feet in altitude and fly for miles: projectile weapons don't stand much chance of shooting it down unless you happen to be near the launch or landing area.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: 21 December 2018, 08:25:47 pm »
Just borrow a goalkeeper from Robbie, that'll sort it.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: 23 December 2018, 12:51:14 pm »
I see the news is saying that the couple that have been arrested have been released without charge.Looks like it was not them
« Last Edit: 23 December 2018, 12:52:07 pm by fazersharp »

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2934 on: 23 December 2018, 01:26:19 pm »

though the blokes alibi has a strange smell to it. His "boss" who claims he was working all day, is also his ex and the mother of his child.

I am sure that the police have checked it properly though and they do have the wrong people. Just some nosy neighbour who doesn't like the bloke fingering him as a suspect because he has a big drone.

There is a report now that the police have found a damaged drone near the airport so, if that is the drone concerned, it will have some clues to the real culprit.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: 23 December 2018, 01:37:21 pm »
I see the news is saying that the couple that have been arrested have been released without charge.Looks like it was not them

And certain members of the media *cough* Piers Morgan *cough* are now desperately rowing back on comments they've made about these people being "morons" who caused so much disruption, having plastered their names and faces all over the place, presumably in the hope that they can somehow avoid a massive defamation lawsuit...

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: 23 December 2018, 02:06:18 pm »

And certain members of the media *cough* Piers Morgan *cough* are now desperately rowing back on comments they've made about these people being "morons" who caused so much disruption, having plastered their names and faces all over the place, presumably in the hope that they can somehow avoid a massive defamation lawsuit...

I expect to see the couple now on a paid interview on Victoria Derbyshire --otherwize it would of been This Morning

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: 23 December 2018, 02:16:09 pm »

though the blokes alibi has a strange smell to it. His "boss" who claims he was working all day, is also his ex and the mother of his child.

I am sure that the police have checked it properly though and they do have the wrong people. Just some nosy neighbour who doesn't like the bloke fingering him as a suspect because he has a big drone.

There is a report now that the police have found a damaged drone near the airport so, if that is the drone concerned, it will have some clues to the real culprit.
Why were they held for 36 hours, surely the cops would of found out quicker that is was not them. Seems the tip off came from a neighbour who did not like the chap flying helicopters then drones and cars down the street.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: 23 December 2018, 02:58:14 pm »
Just got a glimpse at the high tech equipment used by the army to combat rogue drones.....Quite impressive I must say.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2225592997687704&id=2176078545955316

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2939 on: 23 December 2018, 03:56:32 pm »
Just got a glimpse at the high tech equipment used by the army to combat rogue drones.....Quite impressive I must say.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2225592997687704&id=2176078545955316

If you have seen the picture of the roof of Gatwick Police station, you can see one of these there
https://www.janes.com/article/82347/uk-signs-for-drone-dome-c-uas-system

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: 23 December 2018, 06:43:40 pm »

If you have seen the picture of the roof of Gatwick Police station, you can see one of these there
https://www.janes.com/article/82347/uk-signs-for-drone-dome-c-uas-system

Really? Works very well doesn't it.

Reading the gumph on it makes it sounds a bit like the Snooper Radar and Lazer camera detector that I have the displeasure of owning.
The manufacturer say it detects 100 percent of traffic cameras, all the different types and all the bands they use, it does all the fixed cameras, Gatso and Truvelo plus the new Muti Directional Truvelo and the even newer the Yellow Vulture camera.

The problem is it detects the cameras on temporary traffic lights, the camera on the automated doors at service stations, shops, Boots the Chemists or any automated doors on industrial estates that you happen to pass, it even detects the doors on my local doctors surgery. in fact its a cacophony of alarms every few yards along the road because it even picks up the proximity cameras that fitted to modern cars to warn the driver that someone is in their blind spot.
You get so many warnings you either ignore it completely, shut it down, or silence it, In fact I think I might hit it with a hammer.
The equipment on the roof of Gatwick Police Station seems to be about as much use as the Snooper, seeing as the things were flying around the air port for a not insignificant time.          
« Last Edit: 23 December 2018, 06:45:27 pm by tommyardin »

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2941 on: 23 December 2018, 07:12:40 pm »
The equipment on the roof of Gatwick Police Station seems to be about as much use as the Snooper, seeing as the things were flying around the air port for a not insignificant time.     [/font][/color]     
the latest statement from the police says that there may never have been a drone as all they have to work with are witness statements from the general public, police and airport workers.

Sounds like they dont believe themselves :pokefun

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: 23 December 2018, 08:21:50 pm »

Reading the gumph on it makes it sounds a bit like the Snooper Radar and Lazer camera detector that I have the displeasure of owning.
The manufacturer say it detects 100 percent of traffic cameras, all the different types and all the bands they use, it does all the fixed cameras, Gatso and Truvelo plus the new Muti Directional Truvelo and the even newer the Yellow Vulture camera.

The problem is it detects the cameras on temporary traffic lights, the camera on the automated doors at service stations, shops, Boots the Chemists or any automated doors on industrial estates that you happen to pass, it even detects the doors on my local doctors surgery. in fact its a cacophony of alarms every few yards along the road because it even picks up the proximity cameras that fitted to modern cars to warn the driver that someone is in their blind spot.
You get so many warnings you either ignore it completely, shut it down, or silence it, In fact I think I might hit it with a hammer.
The equipment on the roof of Gatwick Police Station seems to be about as much use as the Snooper, seeing as the things were flying around the air port for a not insignificant time.          

What gets my goat is people who use different sized fonts in their replies  :pokefun

I thought my eyesight was getting even worse as I read it  :lol

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: 24 December 2018, 05:17:05 am »

What gets my goat is people who use different sized fonts in their replies  :pokefun

I thought my eyesight was getting even worse as I read it  :lol

That's normally the result of trying to find the right size font after it's gone all Chocolate Factory on you again and shrunk your last sentence.  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: 24 December 2018, 05:24:20 am »

I expect to see the couple now on a paid interview on Victoria Derbyshire --otherwize it would of been This Morning

Then onto Celebrity Big Brother, then I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here............then before you know it they'll be starring in a pantomime, before doing something silly and ending up in rehab with Katie Price, then singing a Christmas duet with her on release.  :groan

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: 31 December 2018, 09:05:55 am »
My mum bought this handy racking system, as i already have it and it works well for clothes, shoes, etc, so my mum decides to go out and buy the same.
Taken me a while to find the time to put it together for her, so i opened one of two kits she bought yesterday and i knew straight away the contents didn't look right from memory.
Then after realizing that some very clever camera trickery has been applied on the box, i felt positively mugged off.

The side panels (height) were just over 7 inches long each.
This would mean that the handle on that room door is approximately 15 inches high!!!

Now unless this house belongs to a very short troll with really big feet, this is a fabricated model home designed purely for the photo shoot only.
Then i realized that the angle of the racking, pulled out to the left to get closer to the camera, is so unnaturally out of place, rather than flat against the wall, that i know it is deliberate misrepresentation.

I then found in the corner of the packaging a very small diagram with measurements which confirmed everything.  :groan
« Last Edit: 31 December 2018, 11:22:07 am by darrsi »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: 31 December 2018, 09:35:03 am »

Think i've found who's house it is anyway.  :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: 03 January 2019, 08:11:27 pm »
Waiting for a bus at Chiswick Station for absolutely ages and ages and ages  then two come along at once

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: 03 January 2019, 08:58:51 pm »
Waiting for a bus at Chiswick Station for absolutely ages and ages and ages  then two come along at once

Don't be tempted to take one for a drive...

Men jailed after streming joyride in bus
« Last Edit: 03 January 2019, 09:00:52 pm by Grahamm »

Flooky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: 04 January 2019, 06:33:55 pm »
The amount of weed smoke coming out of cars and vans driving along ! In the morning too ..you can smell it while on the bike. I get fukin done for 53mph in a 50 !!  we are easy targets...( insured, registered etc )