Date: 20-04-24  Time: 05:31 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 653033 times)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #2600 on: 25 October 2018, 08:26:53 pm »
I for once agree with you VNA, I don't have a problem with culling done humanely, but do have a problem with idiots killing animals for sport/leisure. I have to question how many of these animals have to be shot with multiple rounds before they die.
Why not just cull the idiots, problem solved  :lol

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: 25 October 2018, 10:02:52 pm »
It appals me too. One of twats was pictured last year after hunting a giraffe. A giraffe for fucks sake! If it s the thrill of the hunt they want, then how about hunting great white sharks armed only with a knife of the coast of the south african cape. 

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: 25 October 2018, 10:03:15 pm »

How does it work, do they have to pay the land owner / game keeper to "hunt" and then the kill has to be handed over to the land owner who then sells it in the farm shop.If so then great I see no problem in removing lots of money from rich Americans.

It’s a private arrangement.  However, in the highlands for the deer they’d need to be guided and the gamekeeper would select the target.  Apparently, the goats and the sheep were shot on Islay.  I get the impression they were left to it.   You don’t hunt sheep, you round em up.

If you fancy it yourself - [url=https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/shooting/deer-stalking/best-places-stalk-red-stags-scotland-72515]https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/shooting/deer-stalking/best-places-stalk-red-stags-scotland-72515[/url]

No they don’t just get chopped up and sold in the estate shop (an estate shop is a rare thing)

Best Practise in Venison Supply – [url=https://www.bestpracticeguides.org.uk/carcass-preparation/venison-supply/]https://www.bestpracticeguides.org.uk/carcass-preparation/venison-supply/[/url]

Google is your geek.

Fazersharp their behaviour is obnoxious and moronic.  This is not how we wish our country to be portrayed.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: 25 October 2018, 10:04:12 pm »
It appals me too. One of twats was pictured last year after hunting a giraffe. A giraffe for fucks sake!
They are fucking morons.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: 25 October 2018, 10:10:28 pm »
What is it with kids today. They cant stand up. Three at the bus stop today, two sat on a blokes garden wall, the other lay down on her back with her feet up the wall. Yesterday, half way up the street, two girls sat in the middle of the pavement talking. They sit on the kerb with their legs in the road, chatting. Snowflakes

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: 26 October 2018, 12:05:24 am »
I think there motto must be "get blown up,never work ,ticket to the idle life" :foc
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: 27 October 2018, 08:43:43 pm »
Ebay gets my goat,
How does this work.I search for something by "nearest" it says 10 miles from Sharp Hall -- I click and read
It says london.
I scroll to the bottom for sellers info it says ZHENGLV XU  Shenfang Building, #100, Zhenhua Road, Futian Shenzhen China.
WTF - is that China as in China Town or actual fecking Shenzhen Provence PRC.
And like foc is it going to be delivered next Thursday !   
« Last Edit: 27 October 2018, 08:46:25 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: 27 October 2018, 10:59:00 pm »

When 2 people being interviewed on a news or discussion programme, and 1 of them continually interrupts and shouts down the other person, totally ignorant and ill mannered.

It was an episode of  the BBC's 'Question Time', with I think 4 other pannelists, when Eddie Izzard excelled himself at this :z :z

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: 27 October 2018, 10:59:28 pm »
Ebay gets my goat,
How does this work.I search for something by "nearest" it says 10 miles from Sharp Hall -- I click and read
It says london.
I scroll to the bottom for sellers info it says ZHENGLV XU  Shenfang Building, #100, Zhenhua Road, Futian Shenzhen China.

It will, they'll have a business unit, garage or even sell from their home over here.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: 28 October 2018, 11:00:33 am »
I get the feeling that whoever the people are that create town council websites must have had previous jobs in puzzle shops or cut hedges to make maze's, whilst off their nut on LSD.
All i'm trying to do is report a road defect which is becoming very dangerous, and i am being sent round and round in circles ending up back where i begun, and then asks me to Log In even though i am clearly very much already Logged In.  :grumble :wall

It even says "Sign In" at the bottom of the page and "Log Out" at the top at the same time.  :look :pc 
« Last Edit: 28 October 2018, 11:03:29 am by darrsi »

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: 28 October 2018, 11:09:55 am »

The new doctor who series focs me off tremendously. It is utter BBC PC championing shite now. It was bad enough when it went gayer than gay a few years back. im not homophobic btw but ffs, Doctor who? It was a fantasy scary sci fi when I was a kid, not whatever the hell it is now.
BTW rich yanks that love killing stuff and posting photos (particularly whole families of primates that look disturbingly human) want abducting, putting on an island, then hunting down by equally sick even richer yanks..
« Last Edit: 28 October 2018, 11:11:01 am by ogri48 »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: 28 October 2018, 01:02:31 pm »

The new doctor who series focs me off tremendously. It is utter BBC PC championing shite now. It was bad enough when it went gayer than gay a few years back. im not homophobic btw but ffs, Doctor who? It was a fantasy scary sci fi when I was a kid, not whatever the hell it is now.

I understand they're considering changing the title to Dr. What  :lol

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: 28 October 2018, 01:49:15 pm »
I get the feeling that whoever the people are that create town council websites must have had previous jobs in puzzle shops or cut hedges to make maze's, whilst off their nut on LSD.
All i'm trying to do is report a road defect which is becoming very dangerous, and i am being sent round and round in circles ending up back where i begun, and then asks me to Log In even though i am clearly very much already Logged In.  :grumble :wall

It even says "Sign In" at the bottom of the page and "Log Out" at the top at the same time.  :look :pc

I've even downloaded their "Easy To Use 24/7" app, and it doesn't work either. It just opens up a map and if you touch a location nothing happens, no pin drop or anything.
No wonder the streets of Ealing Council are so ropey, nobody can report anything.  :groan 
« Last Edit: 28 October 2018, 03:02:08 pm by darrsi »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: 28 October 2018, 03:49:32 pm »

I've even downloaded their "Easy To Use 24/7" app, and it doesn't work either. It just opens up a map and if you touch a location nothing happens, no pin drop or anything.
No wonder the streets of Ealing Council are so ropey, nobody can report anything.  :groan

Ha ha!
That is what comes of living in Ealing, was born there and lived there in South Ealing for number of years before moving to Isleworth.
I lived at 4 North Road South Ealing just off Gunnersbury Avenue and Popes Lane, near the main gate to the park.
4 North Road disappeared many years ago when they re-developed that part of South Ealing.
I even bet the old Anderson Shelter that was in my back garden has gone along with the outside shitter. 

They were the days Darrsi 
« Last Edit: 28 October 2018, 03:58:25 pm by tommyardin »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: 28 October 2018, 05:29:56 pm »

I understand they're considering changing the title to Dr. What  :lol
Agreed we gave it a try as we have enjoyed them in the past but really is total shit now.
How about Non Doctor
« Last Edit: 28 October 2018, 05:33:24 pm by fazersharp »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: 28 October 2018, 05:32:16 pm »
Ebay gets my goat,
It says london.

It will, they'll have a business unit, garage or even sell from their home over here.
I wonder if so all the time as when I read the bad reviews they all say it came late.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: 28 October 2018, 08:14:57 pm »
Ebay gets my goat,
It says london.

I wonder if so all the time as when I read the bad reviews they all say it came late.

The lights i ordered today were  touted as from London, but with a Chinese address for the seller.
I'll let you know how long they take to arrive.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: 28 October 2018, 08:21:22 pm »
Ebay gets my goat,
It says london.

The lights i ordered today were  touted as from London, but with a Chinese address for the seller.
I'll let you know how long they take to arrive.
That would be interesting. I sometimes think they get away with it because the uk address is the arrival port ! and not everyone scrolls all the way down to to the bottom of the listing to reveal the true address. 

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: 29 October 2018, 06:06:10 pm »
Today what gets my goat - moron journalist shouting stupid glib questions across the street to MPs as they come out of number 10 Philip Hammond today was one.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: 29 October 2018, 07:41:52 pm »
Who was Phillip Hammond shouting at?  ;)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: 29 October 2018, 08:01:36 pm »
Who was Phillip Hammond shouting at?  ;)
:lol

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: 29 October 2018, 09:10:31 pm »
Today what gets my goat - moron journalist shouting stupid glib questions across the street to MPs as they come out of number 10 Philip Hammond today was one.

That's standard for journalists asking ridiculous questions, but then watching politicians debating in Parliament is no better either.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: 29 October 2018, 09:38:53 pm »
They are all in the same bubble

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: 30 October 2018, 02:37:36 pm »
what gets my goat (not just today bit for the past two years)...MPs from every political party finding themselves unable to unite and do whats best for the country instead of bitching about all their own personal agendas and petty grievances. The UK got the Brexit vote, and it was to leave. Its a done deal. So whether its what those that run the country wanted or not, for focs sake pull together, put personal differences and pride aside, do whats best for us, our children and their children and sort it out....or at the very least (yes you blair,) shut the foc up and stick to raking in money you made of the back of dead british soldiers..

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: 30 October 2018, 05:48:31 pm »
But (most politicians) are arguing about how to leave, not whether to. Unfortunately the 'great British public' had no idea on the answer to that one. Perhaps we should ask them that question?