Date: 28-03-24  Time: 20:33 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 642371 times)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #2575 on: 22 September 2018, 11:35:04 am »
Oh, and of course people love to be outraged.  Newspapers know that, and outrage sells.
So youse later.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: 22 September 2018, 12:02:25 pm »
We get the newspapers we deserve  :pokefun
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: 22 September 2018, 12:21:15 pm »
To true these new smaller papers are a b*stard to wrap your fish and chips in  :lol

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: 22 September 2018, 01:33:18 pm »
To true these new smaller papers are a b*stard to wrap your fish and chips in  :lol

And they tasted better wrapped in newspaper :b. People used to sell bundles of newspapers to the fish and chip shops.
If you were lucky you'd get an interesting bit to read while you ate them.

I can almost hear the Hovis music playing in the background now :lol

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: 22 September 2018, 01:33:46 pm »

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2580 on: 22 September 2018, 05:21:02 pm »

And they tasted better wrapped in newspaper :b . People used to sell bundles of newspapers to the fish and chip shops.
If you were lucky you'd get an interesting bit to read while you ate them.

I can almost hear the Hovis music playing in the background now :lol

We used to take clean newspapers to the chippie when I was a kid and get a bag of chips with scraps on in payment, the good old days before all these shitty sell everything from pizzas, burgers, chinese, indian, thai all in one shop takeaways took over every street.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: 22 September 2018, 05:53:38 pm »
We used to get a frozen fishcake each from the chippy when we were kids and knaw away at it on the way home in the car. :lol

Haven't had scraps for years. We called them fritters. My local chippy sells them in bags as bird food.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: 22 September 2018, 06:11:53 pm »
scratchings round here. i am guessing everone knows that wrapping them in newspapers was considered unhygienic and so stopped  -probably by the eu who don't eat fish and chips. so now we have to cut down trees grown in the eu no doubt just to make chip paper.i remember once back in those days when you would also sell your stuff in the adds at the back. 6 moths after my car was sold i got a call from someone reading the paper that their chips came in.Anyway i dont like em wrapped cause it makes em soggy       
im sure vna will be along shortly to tell me my cod is alt right and i get the soggy chips i deserve.   
« Last Edit: 22 September 2018, 06:14:17 pm by fazersharp »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: 22 September 2018, 06:58:01 pm »
scratchings round here. i am guessing everone knows that wrapping them in newspapers was considered unhygienic and so stopped  -probably by the eu who don't eat fish and chips. so now we have to cut down trees grown in the eu no doubt just to make chip paper.i remember once back in those days when you would also sell your stuff in the adds at the back. 6 moths after my car was sold i got a call from someone reading the paper that their chips came in.Anyway i dont like em wrapped cause it makes em soggy       
im sure vna will be along shortly to tell me my cod is alt right and i get the soggy chips i deserve.

:rollin :rollin

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: 23 September 2018, 08:30:38 am »
VNA shouldn't along for a week he's gone on holiday. So fill your boots boy's NO POLITICAL CLAP TRAP FOR A WEEK

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: 23 September 2018, 10:22:45 am »
VNA shouldn't along for a week he's gone on holiday. So fill your boots boy's NO POLITICAL CLAP TRAP FOR A WEEK

Holiday?? Didn't think the Scottish could afford them?
 I bet he's gone to Brussels to argue his Brexit points for the good of us all 🤣

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: 23 September 2018, 02:44:39 pm »

I bet he's gone to Brussels to argue his Brexit points for the good of us all

Tbh, that's the problem with political folk. They all think they know what's best for us. Then, as soon as they get into power, they all seem to do what's worst for us  :rolleyes

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: 23 September 2018, 07:39:25 pm »

I bet he's gone to Brussels to argue his Brexit points for the good of us all 🤣
hmm - holiday you say, funny that, just as the labour party conference has started 

Billy Balthorpe

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 2 X 1987 fzr1000's, VN800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: 24 September 2018, 12:07:16 am »

Been catching up on this thread -

Horses - Dangerous animals that can be spooked by a crisp packet in the hedge, never mind a bike or car, crap all over the road, the owners seem to think that we will be grateful and will shovel it up for our roses  - Shouldn't be allowed on the road.

Newspapers - The only one i read is MCN, and then get angry when the try to whip up reactions by quoting the thoughts of some loony who wants all motorcyclists to wear a flashing beacon on their heads or something. The "proper" newspapers just aren't worth reading. I dont really want to know about a fooballer's latest indiscretion, or if they scored a goal, or if one team of overpaid dickheads beat some other dickheads in the only professional game where cheating is actually condoned - Winning a penalty by throwing yourself on the floor when no one touched you. NO, ITS CHEATING, THE CHEAT SHOULD BE BANNED FOR THE SAME PERIOD AS THE CHEATS IN ATHLETICS!! The rest of the papers are just full of the latest "celebrity" who has been shopping and bought a new dress and biased political opinion. I wouldnt read them if i was given them for free.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2589 on: 24 September 2018, 10:42:15 am »

Horses - Dangerous animals that can be spooked by a crisp packet in the hedge, never mind a bike or car, crap all over the road, the owners seem to think that we will be grateful and will shovel it up for our roses  - Shouldn't be allowed on the road.

I had the misfortune of driving the roads around the back of Gatwick airport in rush hour one evening last week and came to the back of a queue of slow moving cars. Not too surprising in rush hour but the queue was doing about 15mph because two feccing horse wankers decided rush hour was the time to take their walking dog food for a walk along the roads.

There are acres and acres of fields to use but these muppets use the roads. Why?
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: 24 September 2018, 12:36:39 pm »

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: 24 September 2018, 03:32:35 pm »
It's not the horses that are to blame, it's the t*****s that ride them, and that's from someone that does not like horses. They bite you from one end kick you from the other

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2592 on: 24 September 2018, 05:06:19 pm »
They bite you from one end kick you from the other

That's why the guy with the bolt gun approaches from the side :pokefun
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: 30 September 2018, 04:02:31 pm »
 There’s a chippie in my town that still uses newspaper, though there’s a sheet of plain paper between the newspaper and the actual food.

the good old days before all these shitty sell everything from pizzas, burgers, chinese, indian, thai all in one shop takeaways took over every street.

People will get the takeaways they deserve. :)

Anyway why is it that 9 out of 10 chippies are shit.   A good chippy is a rare thing these days. There's something that gets my goat, shit chippies charging good money for crap.  There should be an EU standard they have to meet before being allowed to trade.  CE marked fish and chips 8)

VNA never starts anything political.  I just finish what others start.
My fourth this year.
hmm - holiday you say, funny that, just as the labour party conference has started 
Wrong country. 
The "proper" newspapers just aren't worth reading. I dont really want to know about a fooballer's latest indiscretion, or if they scored a goal,…………………………blah blah blah………………
Those are called comics. 

Anyway I’m back hame.  I didnae think youse wid miss me sae much!

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: 30 September 2018, 08:07:43 pm »
We didn't but my roses did

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: 25 October 2018, 07:25:35 pm »
 So called hunters in military camouflage posing for selfies, monster rifle in hand, with their prey – err in this case goats and sheep.

Really I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.  “We hunted hard”  Really?  “for a big one for two days”  What?  You hunted a fucking goat for two days?  Seriously.

I am struggling to think of any photos I’ve ever seen that are so utterly dumb and stupid.  These people are pure and utter total absolute fuds. 

https://twitter.com/LSwitlyk?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: 25 October 2018, 07:46:47 pm »
I am struggling to think of any photos I’ve ever seen that are so utterly dumb and stupid. 

Here's one ;)
« Last Edit: 14 November 2020, 08:12:05 pm by YamFazFan »

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: 25 October 2018, 07:49:52 pm »
I for once agree with you VNA, I don't have a problem with culling done humanely, but do have a problem with idiots killing animals for sport/leisure. I have to question how many of these animals have to be shot with multiple rounds before they die.   

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: 25 October 2018, 08:06:08 pm »

I for once agree with you VNA, I don't have a problem with culling done humanely, but do have a problem with idiots killing animals for sport/leisure. I have to question how many of these animals have to be shot with multiple rounds before they die. 
Wow Steve :kiss    We agree!  :agree

I mean look at these idiots.  They are dressed as if they are about to go on a special forces mission, perhaps deep inside Afghanistan.  They are gun toting deluded fantasists, absolute utter fuds, creeping up on sheep (yes sheep fucking sheep!) blowing their brains out and boasting of their hunting prowess. 

I have never ever heard before of sheep hunting. 

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: 25 October 2018, 08:17:43 pm »
How does it work, do they have to pay the land owner / game keeper to "hunt" and then the kill has to be handed over to the land owner who then sells it in the farm shop.If so then great I see no problem in removing lots of money from rich Americans.