Date: 28-03-24  Time: 15:56 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 642022 times)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #2475 on: 02 September 2018, 10:35:23 am »
I think from its very title, this thread is for moaning about things, and politicians and particularly government policies are fair game. If the thread was entitled 'wobbly mirrors and how to fix them' and it strayed onto Brexit, you may have a point. Anyway, you started it  😁
« Last Edit: 02 September 2018, 10:37:10 am by mtread »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: 02 September 2018, 10:53:49 am »
VNA It doesn't take you long, no matter the subject to turn it round to your views the evils of Brexit, Tory politicians, big business/corporations, Well here's some news for you most ordinary working men/women are well aware of the rubbish churned out by the afore mentioned and the Bearded wonder and his cronies but don't get on their soap box and preach about it. 

So here’s something else that gets my goat.  People who offer political opinions, for example about foreign aid, then blow their fuses when their opinion is challenged.

Anyway you started it Steve.  And you like most people, as you say, moan about what Tory politicians, big business/corporations etc want you to moan about.

Oh and BREXIT.  Did I mention how much BREXIT gets my goat, it really does. :D

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: 02 September 2018, 10:56:25 am »
when we walk from Brexit with foc all......and believe me we will, no matter how good the Tories try and dress things up..........sooner or later the people will have enough and I predict riots

I'm in it for the chaos. Too many people have been trying to foc up my world, so this is my retaliation. It's why I back Trump too  :evil

Besides, riots? I could do with a new telly  :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: 02 September 2018, 11:16:05 am »
I see this thread AS THE TILLITE says --Today's What Gets My Goat. Its not a thread for debating, I think there should be a separate thread for debating politics.
So as not to incriminate myself ------- What gets my goat is threads that get taken off track with political arguments. 
« Last Edit: 02 September 2018, 11:17:15 am by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: 02 September 2018, 11:24:49 am »
Foccers moaning about yesterdays moans   :pokefun

:lol
One, is never going to be enough.....

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: 02 September 2018, 11:27:55 am »
BREXIT is yesterdays, todays and tomorrows moan.
Did I just say BREXIT :eek

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: 02 September 2018, 03:28:24 pm »
Wankers that think an amber light means make an emergency stop!!
By the time I'd performed an emergency swerve and come to a stop my front tire was in line with his rear wheel 😳😳
I was following a little closer than I should of been but he managed to come to complete stop from 30mph just in one of the cycle areas!

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: 02 September 2018, 03:58:13 pm »
By the time I'd performed an emergency swerve and come to a stop my front tire was in line with his rear wheel 😳😳
I was following a little closer than I should of been but he managed to come to complete stop from 30mph just in one of the cycle areas!

You was lucky not to get one of them up your arse at the same time,it happened to me on an old cg125 going to work.I thought he was a bit to apologetic turns out he'd got no licence and he took me to an ATM and drew out 60£ for a broken number plate and cracked mudguard,didn't think I did to bad there, by the time the old bill had sorted it out a year later I wouldn't have been any better off, ay?
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: 02 September 2018, 07:29:44 pm »

Never said where my politics lie, but I don't support, trust, or like any of them. As for the foreign aid budget it does not make any financials sense to me first borrow the money, give it away, then have to pay it back with interest. Politicians of all parties are equally to blame for the homeless numbers rising, NHS collapsing round our ears for lack of funding, the streets of London and other cuties like a butchers yard with all the shootings and stabbings due to lack of funding for the police. care for the elderly in the community struggling lack of funding leading to bed blocking in hospitals. So instead of all the parties blaming and bickering about who's to blame,  they got there heads together and sorted this mess out, they have all been party to creating in equal measure.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: 02 September 2018, 08:40:04 pm »

Never said where my politics lie, but I don't support, trust, or like any of them. As for the foreign aid budget it does not make any financials sense to me first borrow the money, give it away, then have to pay it back with interest. Politicians of all parties are equally to blame for the homeless numbers rising, NHS collapsing round our ears for lack of funding, the streets of London and other cuties like a butchers yard with all the shootings and stabbings due to lack of funding for the police. care for the elderly in the community struggling lack of funding leading to bed blocking in hospitals. So instead of all the parties blaming and bickering about who's to blame,  they got there heads together and sorted this mess out, they have all been party to creating in equal measure.

We are a wealthy nation so of course we should contribute to foreign aid.  And particularly so considering that historically we have raped and plundered all round the globe.  More recently we have played major roles in destroying Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya.  We are indirectly involved in conflict across the globe through our arms trade.  The UK is a major exporter of death and destruction right round the world.

As for funding.  I’d refer you back to my post #2469 Some estimates suggest that the amount of missing tax (unpaid corporation tax/tax dodging) would be enough to fund the whole NHS in England and Wales.  Whatever the true figure it's massive.

But if you are waiting for people like Boris Johnston, Theresa May and Jacob Rees Mogg to, as you say, get their heads together and sort out your concerns, well I think you could be in for a long wait.  They don’t give a fuck.  BREXIT, they don’t care, they’ll become richer and more powerful on the back of it as we all get screwed.   

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: 02 September 2018, 09:33:08 pm »
VNA -- I think we all agree that politicians are all in it for themselves and that they are all brilliant at providing distractions for the masses to argue over while the real shit gos on. nhs not funded  etc etc.I think some may come on here and perhaps quote the money spent on foreign aid (to pick one ) because they know the system is Foced up and they are trying to do something about it - make suggestions to make things better.Whereas you just mouth off about everything being sh1t - its everyone's fault--we get the government we deserve, along with standard rhetoric and sound bites such as Alt right/ far right/ tories/ Westminster but you never seem to put forward any ideas as how to fix it all, so please tell us who you think we should vote for at the next election as you are so much better informed.       

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: 02 September 2018, 10:26:13 pm »

VNA -- I think we all agree that politicians are all in it for themselves and that they are all brilliant at providing distractions for the masses to argue over while the real shit gos on.
Perhaps you do, but I don’t.
As for distractions – try anti-Semitism.   Seems to be the big favourite at the moment.

I’ve just watched Gordon Brown jumping up and down on the telly and shouting at everybody.  His usual verbal diarrhoea.  This man was the worst chancellor the UK ever had.  We are still paying billions out every year to his PFI projects.  This is man who was friends with and took advice from Fred Goodwin.  This is a man who contacted out our public services to foreign companies. These pricks get my goat >: 

I think some may come on here and perhaps quote the money spent on foreign aid (to pick one ) because they know the system is Foced up and they are trying to do something about it - make suggestions to make things better.

No they say it because they buy into the lies printed in The Sun and The Daily Mail.  It’s another distraction.

Whereas you just mouth off about everything being sh1t - its everyone's fault--we get the government we deserve, along with standard rhetoric and sound bites such as Alt right/ far right/ tories/ Westminster but you never seem to put forward any ideas as how to fix it all,

Of course the people will get the government they deserve – we live in a democracy.  I don’t put forward ideas?  Seriously?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: 02 September 2018, 11:11:25 pm »
So there you go again throwing distractions around perfectly mimicking the politicians of which you lambast.I refer you to the question I made some moments ago
At the next election whom in your eyes do we need I vote for to fix it all. 

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: 03 September 2018, 07:04:32 am »
You VNA are assuming wrongly that I am a Tory supporter  as I said I don't support any party and don't believe what I see in papers or on the TV news. Only what I know from personal experience Kids laying knifed/shot in the streets of our cities  Come on give us the answers because I like most can see the problems but are at a loss how to deal with them. as our political elite take absolutely no notice of most of the general publics wishes unless it makes them money. There isn't an answer what ever your politics while the human race is ruled by greed and avarice and to a greater or lesser degree we are all guilty of that.     

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2489 on: 03 September 2018, 09:25:09 am »
I failed my first driving test for going through an amber light. There was someone very close behind me and I took the decision to continue rather than stop quickly as I didn't fancy explaining to my dad why his brand new car had been remodelled at the back end. By the time the examiner turned around in his seat to look, the car behind had stopped at the line.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: 03 September 2018, 11:04:24 am »

So there you go again throwing distractions around perfectly mimicking the politicians of which you lambast.I refer you to the question I made some moments ago
 At the next election whom in your eyes do we need I vote for to fix it all.

Who do we need to vote for, or who do you need to vote for?

Let me deal with you.  I assume you are in England, but I don’t what constituency or for that matter who the likely candidates would be.  I don’t know how well you feel you have been served by your current MP or what his/her voting record is etc.  I have enough problems figuring out who to vote for myself without figuring out who you should vote for.

What I would say, again, is that voting is just one aspect of politics and democracy. 

You VNA are assuming wrongly that I am a Tory supporter
I haven’t assumed anything Steve.

« Last Edit: 03 September 2018, 11:19:19 am by VNA »

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: 03 September 2018, 08:05:55 pm »
We cannot have freedom without discipline. We should not be sending aid to nations that are so wealthy that they support their own space/nuclear programmes. Crime increases when we stop pursuing the criminals. Payday lenders (sharks) prosper when gambling is allowed to spiral out of control, and the bars are allowed to open 24/7. Obesity becomes more prevalent when we fill our streets with fast food outlets. Most of the problems ailing our society today are solvable. Government lacks the intelligence and the will. Things will get worse

Trebus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: 03 September 2018, 09:18:09 pm »
Of course it’s up to the individual if they drink, overeat and gamble 😂

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: 03 September 2018, 11:33:24 pm »
ALL overseas aid to these countries should be stopped and aimed at our own NHS system.
Not like they'll still not benefit from it anyway!!!
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: 04 September 2018, 12:20:03 pm »
When you think of something really nice or important to do and then forget what it was.
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: 04 September 2018, 01:36:15 pm »
Like when you get up off the sofa and head through to the kitchen.  Then once in the kitchen a few seconds later, you cannae remember why you came through to the kitchen.  It's not until you return to and sit down on the sofa that you remember why you went through to the kitchen.
.Or is it just me.  Or am I just getting old.  Or do I have early onset.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: 04 September 2018, 02:18:20 pm »
Like when you get up off the sofa and head through to the kitchen.  Then once in the kitchen a few seconds later, you cannae remember why you came through to the kitchen.  It's not until you return to and sit down on the sofa that you remember why you went through to the kitchen.

Don't worry too much I'm only 30 and have been doing that for years.
Or my other favourite one is putting things back in silly places. Tv remote in the fridge, milk in the glass cupboard etc etc  I've even took off my t-shirt once and threw it down the toilet, instead of the washing basket 😳🙃

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: 04 September 2018, 02:48:31 pm »
VNA it's known as having a senior moment it's when they all roll into one you have to worry, trouble/or good thing is you can't remember what about. We may joke about going senile but it's the one thing that really gets my goat seen some of my family suffer from that or the one I can't spell it's a cruel way to end your days.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: 04 September 2018, 03:52:08 pm »
I've even took off my t-shirt once and threw it down the toilet, instead of the washing basket 😳🙃
OMG  :eek what then went in the washing basket

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: 04 September 2018, 05:39:32 pm »
I've even took off my t-shirt once and threw it down the toilet, instead of the washing basket 😳🙃
Was alcohol per chance involved in that particular incident?