Date: 28-03-24  Time: 17:57 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 642163 times)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #2300 on: 18 April 2018, 08:27:46 am »
been said many times on here but twats with dodgy headlights.................one dim and one on full beam (or one light out and the other on full/dim). seen it loads lately, rozzers in front of me but not arsed. I'm getting sick to death of being blinded by these foccers
One of the reasons could be to do with the following posts all about pot holes - knocking the lights out of alignment - that or road humps. I would much rather average speed cameras than road humps

Think it is something to do with price speed hump £200 set of Speed averaging cameras  £Quite a lot. Both have the same effect.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2301 on: 18 April 2018, 04:26:20 pm »
Think it is something to do with price speed hump £200 set of Speed averaging cameras  £Quite a lot. Both have the same effect.

Not quite. One generates revenue
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: 19 April 2018, 07:35:26 am »

Speed bumps get my goat generally. For me the whole idea of a road is to ease travel from one destination to another - so why go and make traversal more difficult? Nobody ever seems to consider the environmental impact of speed bumps either - noise, fuel use, heat pollution, vehicle wear and brake dust emissions are all increased and for what? To reduce accident risk slightly. I'll take the increased risk and do away with the lot every time.

It's a good job I'm not supreme leader.
is it clean enough?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: 19 April 2018, 08:38:53 am »
There is a road I HAVE to go on everyday but it is also used as a short cut rat run so they put in speed bumps those bolt on square ones two side by side. I don't want to foc up my car so I go very slow down that road and turn right at the bottom after the bumps. People still use it as a short cut and are right up my arse and when I turn off at the bottom they usually spin the wheels as they go straight on. The annoying thiing is I have to use that road and they don't, they could go round and it would take an extra 4 mins with no bumps and no slow twat infront. 
« Last Edit: 19 April 2018, 08:40:09 am by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: 19 April 2018, 09:08:42 pm »
living in a 24hr society but HMG's own online websites end at 7pm..................FUCK OFF
fire never sleeps

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: 19 April 2018, 11:20:16 pm »

Not quite. One generates revenue

Both generate revenue but for different benefactors, Cameras generated for the Government/Council/Police.
Speed bumps generate for garages and the spares department after you have shagged you shockers, or focced your alloy rim.
There are speed bumps going  into a business/trade park in 'Waterlooville' Hampshire (That's where the Southern Bastards live) that I could not drive into when I had a MR2 Spider, she would ground out, front spoiler on hitting the bump and brake pipes and air con pipes when the front wheel dropped off the bump, the joys of a Mid-engine car.

pete786.u

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: 23 April 2018, 09:30:18 pm »
tsb tsb online banking was shutdown on Friday afternoon at 4pm until Sunday at 6pm,  was it foc it still had not come back on at 7pm today. Are we the only country in the world that can`t do an upgrade???? to  a website without making a complete balls up of it    :wall :wall :pc :pc

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2307 on: 24 April 2018, 08:49:35 am »
Are we the only country in the world that can`t do an upgrade???? to  a website without making a complete balls up of it    :wall :wall :pc :pc

:agree but ......

TSB almost certainly use a 3rd party supplier to host and manage their systems and another to do application support and upgrades and both of these are probably in some far flung country using staff that also work for many other companies around the world. This weekend was to do their final split from Lloyds Bank. Splitting the companies takes years (I work for a similar organisation) and isn't a simple website update. The biggest issue we find is the customer (TSB in this case) generally want things done quickly, with the full testing required (but skip bits) and as cheaply as possible. You can guess the rest.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: 24 April 2018, 09:22:00 am »
 :agree  Yep, been there, done that, got the t-shirt

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: 24 April 2018, 06:09:26 pm »
Insurance. I dont think Ill ever understand how the system works. As a result of a no fault accident when someone ran into the back of my motor car, my premuim has gone up. Surely all costs should be borne by the responsible party. And theres a long list of additionals fees for amendments/cancellations etc.

Modern day highwaymen

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2310 on: 24 April 2018, 06:19:18 pm »
Insurance. I dont think Ill ever understand how the system works. As a result of a no fault accident when someone ran into the back of my motor car, my premuim has gone up. Surely all costs should be borne by the responsible party. And theres a long list of additionals fees for amendments/cancellations etc.

Modern day highwaymen

Believe it or not, its because (in their warped minds) you have proven you are a higher risk as you park where people can hit your car.

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: 24 April 2018, 06:29:28 pm »
Are we the only country in the world that can`t do an upgrade???? to  a website without making a complete balls up of it    :wall :wall :pc :pc

:agree but ......

TSB almost certainly use a 3rd party supplier to host and manage their systems and another to do application support and upgrades and both of these are probably in some far flung country using staff that also work for many other companies around the world. This weekend was to do their final split from Lloyds Bank. Splitting the companies takes years (I work for a similar organisation) and isn't a simple website update. The biggest issue we find is the customer (TSB in this case) generally want things done quickly, with the full testing required (but skip bits) and as cheaply as possible. You can guess the rest.

Mr Brown it's the old Cheap, Quick, Quality triangle....... the most you can ever have is two of them together....
sadly most companies go for Cheap and quick and sacrafice quality as a result.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: 24 April 2018, 08:48:30 pm »
You pay peanuts you get monkeys  :eek :rollin

pete786.u

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: 25 April 2018, 08:46:03 am »
TSB Back up again (sort of) some bits work OK others not working at all. Not all transactions showing particularly deposits, have to keep my eye on this. :pc :pc

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2314 on: 25 April 2018, 08:57:45 am »
the most you can ever have is two of them together....

My experience says you only normally get one of the three :pokefun

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: 25 April 2018, 10:30:28 am »
Banks, back doing the same thing that fcuked us all up 10 years ago :grumble :grumble

J_Dub

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: 25 April 2018, 01:03:48 pm »
Current wind ups to get me going are TheShitBank and Talkbutnotsofuckingmuchtalk. Tossers.  :wall

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: 25 April 2018, 05:09:19 pm »
Seems there's 2 types of racism in this country 1 for those from the rest of the world that the establishment is all over like a bad rash, and 1 for Jewish people which appears to be acceptable to the powers that be, well to me they should all be treated the same

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: 25 April 2018, 05:38:07 pm »
A gauntlet of fair weather boys in the petrol station this evening.  Went in the shop just before me and made a predictable, lengthy, and frankly embarrassing scene when asked to remove their helmets.
They eventually did.  So I pay and exit, the bikers are now sat on a nearby wall smoking fags while one said "Geoff won't be long he is only coming from widnes".  So they were clearly intending to wait anyway and just wanted an excuse to argue with the garage guy...
Intentionally left blank

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2319 on: 26 April 2018, 12:45:38 am »
Mr Brown it's the old Cheap, Quick, Quality triangle....... the most you can ever have is two of them together....

AKA "On Time, On Budget or Works" - Pick any two...

Flooky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: 26 April 2018, 02:26:57 pm »

A gauntlet of fair weather boys in the petrol station this evening.  Went in the shop just before me and made a predictable, lengthy, and frankly embarrassing scene when asked to remove their helmets.
They eventually did.  So I pay and exit, the bikers are now sat on a nearby wall smoking fags while one said "Geoff won't be long he is only coming from widnes".  So they were clearly intending to wait anyway and just wanted an excuse to argue with the garage guy...
I must admit I wont take mine off, helmet off , ear plugs out, its a faf, I will take mine off when everybody has to have their head and face exposed in petrol stations. I am all for fairness, same for all is no prob. If they wont turn the pump on til I remove my helmet I just lay the nozzle on the ground and ride off, they have to come out and put it back.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: 26 April 2018, 02:36:49 pm »

I must admit I wont take mine off, helmet off , ear plugs out, its a faf, I will take mine off when everybody has to have their head and face exposed in petrol stations. I am all for fairness, same for all is no prob. If they wont turn the pump on til I remove my helmet I just lay the nozzle on the ground and ride off, they have to come out and put it back.
I too find it a real faff I also wear glasses and the lid is a tight fit to get on my head and dislodges my earplugs. So you are at the pump wehre the feck am I supposed to put my lid when I take it off- certainly am not putting it on the floor covered in diesel.
But yes those lads were just being dicks for dicks sake.
« Last Edit: 26 April 2018, 02:38:19 pm by fazersharp »

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2322 on: 26 April 2018, 03:46:09 pm »

AKA "On Time & On Budget or Works" - Pick one.

corrected that for you

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: 26 April 2018, 07:22:02 pm »

I found out recently that Shell garages have made it ‘policy’ for bikers to get off their bike before allowing them to refuel, because of the risk of spilt fuel setting alight on exhausts. The patronising pr**k behind the counter made it clear to everyone on the forecourt that I was doing it wrong by still being sat on my bike, over the PA system.  :foc

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: 26 April 2018, 07:36:52 pm »

I found out recently that Shell garages have made it ‘policy’ for bikers to get off their bike before allowing them to refuel, because of the risk of spilt fuel setting alight on exhausts. The patronising pr**k behind the counter made it clear to everyone on the forecourt that I was doing it wrong by still being sat on my bike, over the PA system.  :foc
FFS !
So I now have to risk slipping over in the shity forecourt putting on the centre stand.
Also how likely is it that a hot bike exhaust would set alight to petrol.