Date: 28-03-24  Time: 13:31 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 641860 times)

moffmeister

• Boffie - Yaks it like it is
    Terminally Incontinent
    The Golden Bulge
    The only gay in the village
    Moff Minogue

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #2275 on: 06 March 2018, 01:11:55 pm »
trying to fill 30 fucking bunks at the Spring Meet from over 6000 members   :z

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: 06 March 2018, 08:35:20 pm »
Oh and another thing.. How come with two clear "not my fault" accidents (one on bike one in car) still being argued about -as the other parties' insurer, the  same very large commercial vehicle / fleet insurer in both cases, is stonewalling all the way -  my two bike policy goes up by about £60 for the year, (boooo!) refundable once both are settled in my favour, (yaaay!) but my car insurance a month later goes up 510 foccin quid (WTF???) From £290 to £800!!!! they better had refund me the £510 once it all gets settled..... meanwhile as obviously I need a car for eleventeen different things and have to renew they have me by the cohones. Insurance companies.... shower of b&st&rds.

Agreed. My previous insurer settled up fraudulent clain against me because it was cheaper to do that than risk losing in court. Although my NCB was protected, my policy escalated at renewal. I have never been so angry and bitter, particularly as the insurance industry claim to to rooting out false claims. Theyre crooked

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: 06 March 2018, 08:40:03 pm »
Bought an exhaust system from a major uk supplier. Advertised as available, but if not in stock 2 to 5 days for delivery. Got a call the same afternoon telling me its 29 days. Gutted co theyve sent the dcat link pipe, so I either do the job twice or wait for the back order, and I wanted befoe the end of march cos ive a trackday booked at Donny and i wanted to gauge any performance improvement

Billy Balthorpe

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 2 X 1987 fzr1000's, VN800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: 17 March 2018, 01:45:36 pm »

People who insist on standing at a busy bar drinking so you have to order through or over them, even when there's plenty of tall tables to stand around chatting with their 4 mates who are also blocking the bar. Pisses me right off.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: 18 March 2018, 09:49:50 am »

People who insist on standing at a busy bar drinking so you have to order through or over them, even when there's plenty of tall tables to stand around chatting with their 4 mates who are also blocking the bar. Pisses me right off.

That's one of my pet hates too.

You have to squeeze in-between two people having a conversation just to get hold of you're pint, which you then try to carry away without spilling any down their trousers.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2280 on: 18 March 2018, 10:15:23 am »
Airport drop off charges, I dropped my wife and two of her cronies off LeedsBradford airport this morning at 5.45am and to get out of the official drop off area I had to pay £3!

And another thing,  there was about 3"  of snow and I was following my mate in his car who had his wife and another crony on board, my Focus struggled like hell up two of the hills, traction control kept kicking in and his shitty Kia Rio with no traction control and little skinny tyres just powered up, he arrived at the airport 5 minutes before me the smug git.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: 18 March 2018, 12:31:24 pm »
Airport drop off charges, I dropped my wife and two of her cronies off LeedsBradford airport this morning at 5.45am and to get out of the official drop off area I had to pay £3!
And another thing,  there was about 3"  of snow and I was following my mate in his car who had his wife and another crony on board, my Focus struggled like hell up two of the hills, traction control kept kicking in and his shitty Kia Rio with no traction control and little skinny tyres just powered up, he arrived at the airport 5 minutes before me the smug git.
Forget drop off fees what about the extortionate cost of parking actually at the airport it costs more to park for a week than the flight cost.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: 18 March 2018, 11:13:31 pm »
been said many times on here but twats with dodgy headlights.................one dim and one on full beam (or one light out and the other on full/dim). seen it loads lately, rozzers in front of me but not arsed. I'm getting sick to death of being blinded by these foccers
fire never sleeps

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: 30 March 2018, 10:44:10 am »
I hit a pothole yesterday, and whilst still cursing i then hit a bigger one straight afterwards that really lamped my front tyre.
What the hell are they making roads out of these days?
I'm even scared to ride over a puddle now because these potholes are appearing so quickly and seem to be really deep within a day!

One thing i will say though is if you do see potholes that are just taking the piss then go online to the council and report them, because we all whinge about them and presume someone else has reported them but that is most likely not the case.
It only takes 5mins to do and you'd be surprised how quickly they put a temporary fill in once they know about it, and that's better than nothing.
I reported one near work the other day and it was fixed in two days.
Just make sure you write NEEDS URGENT ATTENTION when describing it. 
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: 30 March 2018, 12:59:32 pm »
People who keep doing that Homer Simpson 'Woohoo!' thing.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: 30 March 2018, 04:21:05 pm »
Lots of potholes near me with red rings drawn round them. Which means they have been noticed/reported, but they've been like that for months. Budgets have been so tightly squeezed that road repairs have been completely  neglected, and that was before the recent ice. A national disgrace, and motorcyclists and cyclists will get seriously injured, or worse.

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: 30 March 2018, 04:50:55 pm »
Lots of potholes near me with red rings drawn round them. Which means they have been noticed/reported, but they've been like that for months.
Exactly the same here too. Where, exactly, is our road tax being spent ? Surely it's supposed to be being spent on the roads !!
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: 30 March 2018, 05:12:36 pm »
It goes into the Treasury central pot, who then decide not to give it to local and county councils.

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: 30 March 2018, 07:08:27 pm »
It goes into the Treasury central pot, who then decide not to give it to local and county councils.
Ah, so they use it to line their own pockets as usual. Thieving twats !!
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: 30 March 2018, 08:33:54 pm »
Road Tax (Vehicle Excise Duty) raised £6 billion in 2016

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: 30 March 2018, 10:16:56 pm »
been said many times on here but twats with dodgy headlights.................one dim and one on full beam (or one light out and the other on full/dim). seen it loads lately, rozzers in front of me but not arsed. I'm getting sick to death of being blinded by these foccers
One of the reasons could be to do with the following posts all about pot holes - knocking the lights out of alignment - that or road humps. I would much rather average speed cameras than road humps
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2291 on: 30 March 2018, 11:20:19 pm »
Exactly the same here too. Where, exactly, is our road tax being spent ? Surely it's supposed to be being spent on the roads !!

Not since the "Road Fund Licence" was replaced by "Vehicle Excise Duty" around the time of the Second World War.

All the money goes to HM Treasury and the Government is then supposed to pass that on to the Councils to pay for road repairs.

Except the Conservative Government have been cutting and cutting and cutting even further so that the Councils can't afford to fix all the damage, but the Tories want you to blame them for it, instead of their ruinous Austerity programme which just makes the rich buggers richer and screw the little people.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: 31 March 2018, 01:20:24 pm »

Not since the "Road Fund Licence" was replaced by "Vehicle Excise Duty" around the time of the Second World War.

All the money goes to HM Treasury and the Government is then supposed to pass that on to the Councils to pay for road repairs.

Except the Conservative Government have been cutting and cutting and cutting even further so that the Councils can't afford to fix all the damage, but the Tories want you to blame them for it, instead of their ruinous Austerity programme which just makes the rich buggers richer and screw the little people.

Rich people hit potholes too, nobody's a winner on this one.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: 31 March 2018, 01:23:55 pm »
I bet their chauffeur complains!

JD-LincsUK

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: 15 April 2018, 04:12:47 pm »
I've mentioned this one before a year or so ago, but just for the hard of hearing... insurance brokers!

Just got my renewal through. It's £12 cheaper than last year's cover, but due to their £25 renewal charge, it actually ends up being more expensive!

Are these people really so retarded? So they say "Yay! it's cheapert his year!" and then expect me to still renew with them after they make it more expensive with their OTT charge?

Needless to say, I'm back on to MCN for a few quotes.  :rolleyes

What makes me laugh in addition, is that only a handful of insurers will cover the Fazer thou - yet my quotes from those that will cover it are in the £75 - £100 range. You'd think it would be really expensive if it's such a bad boy that most won't touch it, but no - it's the cheapest insurance I've ever had, including my previous GPZ500S, considered a cheapo beginner bike. It's just bonkers!
« Last Edit: 15 April 2018, 04:15:12 pm by JD-LincsUK »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: 15 April 2018, 04:23:39 pm »
I hit a pothole yesterday, and whilst still cursing i then hit a bigger one straight afterwards that really lamped my front tyre.
What the hell are they making roads out of these days?
I'm even scared to ride over a puddle now because these potholes are appearing so quickly and seem to be really deep within a day!

One thing i will say though is if you do see potholes that are just taking the piss then go online to the council and report them, because we all whinge about them and presume someone else has reported them but that is most likely not the case.
It only takes 5mins to do and you'd be surprised how quickly they put a temporary fill in once they know about it, and that's better than nothing.
I reported one near work the other day and it was fixed in two days.
Just make sure you write NEEDS URGENT ATTENTION when describing it.

This is one of the holes i reported over 2 weeks ago, i took this photo four days ago and it's getting deeper every day.
Whilst taking the photo a car smacked into it with a massive thud, no doubt one of hundreds.
Talk about take the piss.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: 17 April 2018, 11:57:54 am »
When people who meet members of the royal family start laughing histericaly at something they've just said.

Charles appears to be the most amusing. Virtually every time you see him meeting people on telly they are doubled-up with tears of laughter.

Surely they're not THAT funny are they?.

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #2297 on: 17 April 2018, 12:19:30 pm »
When people who meet members of the royal family start laughing histericaly at something they've just said.

Charles appears to be the most amusing. Virtually every time you see him meeting people on telly they are doubled-up with tears of laughter.

Surely they're not THAT funny are they?.

Charlie has a very dry sense of humour!
Andrew's is in the gutter
and both William & Harry have brilliant senses of humour

what's the common denominator... they all served in the forces!!
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: 17 April 2018, 02:41:37 pm »
And Harry's not even related.......

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #2299 on: 18 April 2018, 07:33:18 am »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!