Date: 28-03-24  Time: 21:54 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 642434 times)

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #1725 on: 14 November 2017, 11:43:53 pm »
Complete fucktards who park on the opposite side of the road facing you and leave their headlamps on - FFS even the highway code has more sense than these idiots...............and why do they have the nerve to get pissed off when I hit my main beam. Years ago it was common sense.
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: 15 November 2017, 05:26:13 am »
Complete fucktards who park on the opposite side of the road facing you and leave their headlamps on - FFS even the highway code has more sense than these idiots...............and why do they have the nerve to get pissed off when I hit my main beam. Years ago it was common sense.

Or hazard lights, so it looks like they're about to pull out on you as you approach them. There's a nursery on my way to work and the parents have obviously been ill advised to leave their hazards on when dropping their kids off so you get a whole load of them with indicators flashing but all parked on the wrong side of the road.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: 15 November 2017, 06:35:51 am »

Or hazard lights, so it looks like they're about to pull out on you as you approach them. There's a nursery on my way to work and the parents have obviously been ill advised to leave their hazards on when dropping their kids off so you get a whole load of them with indicators flashing but all parked on the wrong side of the road.

or , off loading their offspring into the road rather than onto the path    :wall
One, is never going to be enough.....

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: 15 November 2017, 05:43:41 pm »
Mud.

Why is it that you can stomp around all day on the pavement and it doesn't shift off you're boots, but the minute you walk indoors it's dropping off foccin everywhere!

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #1729 on: 16 November 2017, 12:12:01 am »
Or hazard lights, so it looks like they're about to pull out on you as you approach them.

Grr! Tell me about it.

Usually what it means is that "I can't be bothered to parallel park properly, so I'm going to be a complete cock and leave the car stuck half-way out into the road and put my hazard flashers on, so it looks like I'm trying to pull out, but actually I'm just a lazy cnut!"

:2guns

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: 19 November 2017, 07:44:10 pm »
Booking fees. Just another rip off, booked 4 tickets to see Peter Kay and had to pay a booking fee of £4.50 per ticket, thats £18 for foc all. You cannot go to a booking office and buy them so you have a choice, pay up or no ticket.
I booked the tickets through the First Direct Arena website which takes you to Eventim UK to book and pay, and when the comfirmation email came through the location of Eventim UK is apparently Amsterdam NL, so a Dutch company not a UK company as implied in the booking site name, a nice little tax avoidance scheme maybe?

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: 21 November 2017, 07:48:10 pm »
When you've got something for sale and you get asked to email some photos,which you do,and they can't even be bothered with a "thanks but no thanks".
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: 21 November 2017, 08:32:58 pm »
Breakdown Services

Just got renewal quote for 2 vehicles for £217 from RAC.
Same difference with AA was £139.

Let’s face it, if you break down you just want your vehicle sorted out at roadside, or taken home with it.
I’m not interested in all the other bollox they’re offering.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: 21 November 2017, 11:53:18 pm »
I just read right through this post from it conception. What a miserarable, whinging lot of foccers there are on this forum. It seems foc al is right for you, FFS cheer up and try and see the positive in some things it's not all doom and gloom. Should start a post called 'What makes me smile' the people of Zimbabwe are smiling now foccing great big smiles, I really wish Africa well, the people there for the best part (not all I know) are generous and kind people. My Daughter worked in South Africa for 6 months working with aids victims, and I use the word victims with full understanding of what a victim is. It is a person through no fault of their own find them self in an untenable position or situation. The full total of the aids baby's are innocent of any wrong doing, the majority of the woman are infected because of their husbands sewing wild oats while working away from home and infecting their wife on return.
Oh! hang on tommyardin is going off on one AGAIN.

What makes me smile: Laying the Fazer over in the twisties, looking at the Fazer after it has been cleaned and polished, wakeing the Fazer up after 5 months of hibernation. Receiving a letter telling me my £200 heating allowance has been deposited into my bank. My mechanic telling me the car or bike has gone through the MOT with no advisories. When the Mrs says Oh! All right if you must  :rolleyes :eek  to name but a few.
tommyardin. 

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: 22 November 2017, 12:14:13 am »
Foccers who make off-topic posts. :pokefun

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: 22 November 2017, 06:34:42 am »
Foccers who make off-topic posts. :pokefun

:agree

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: 22 November 2017, 06:42:36 am »
I just read right through this post from it conception. What a miserarable, whinging lot of foccers there are on this forum. It seems foc al is right for you, FFS cheer up and try and see the positive in some things it's not all doom and gloom. Should start a post called 'What makes me smile' the people of Zimbabwe are smiling now foccing great big smiles, I really wish Africa well, the people there for the best part (not all I know) are generous and kind people. My Daughter worked in South Africa for 6 months working with aids victims, and I use the word victims with full understanding of what a victim is. It is a person through no fault of their own find them self in an untenable position or situation. The full total of the aids baby's are innocent of any wrong doing, the majority of the woman are infected because of their husbands sewing wild oats while working away from home and infecting their wife on return.
Oh! hang on tommyardin is going off on one AGAIN.

What makes me smile: Laying the Fazer over in the twisties, looking at the Fazer after it has been cleaned and polished, wakeing the Fazer up after 5 months of hibernation. Receiving a letter telling me my £200 heating allowance has been deposited into my bank. My mechanic telling me the car or bike has gone through the MOT with no advisories. When the Mrs says Oh! All right if you must  :rolleyes :eek  to name but a few.
tommyardin.

Completely irrelevant post Tommy, read the title, this is exactly the place for people to harmlessly mention their daily gripes in life, which most people are all too familiar with.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: 22 November 2017, 08:00:36 am »
What gets my goat.
People who don't bite when you dangle a bait in front of them
This site never disappoints.It's a great feeling seeing the float dip under. :lol

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: 22 November 2017, 08:09:43 am »
So because there's much worse going on in the world, which there's always going to be and which I'm sure most people would acknowledge, everyone here should be disqualified from ever having a gripe about anything in their lives, even if it's in the generally light hearted manner I think was intended by this thread?.

By a similar token there would be little, if any, domestic news in the papers or on the telly if it was ranked purely by global seriousness.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: 22 November 2017, 08:18:00 am »
Missed that last post whilst I was still typing.

Didn't realise it was some sort of wind-up.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: 22 November 2017, 09:01:07 am »
Seriously who the foc is going to do this: 

I just read right through this post from it conception. What a miserable, whinging lot of foccers there are on this forum. It seems foc all is right for you,
FFS cheer up and try and see the positive in some things it's not all doom and gloom. Should start a post called 'What makes me smile'

The bait was cast.... now the wait in eager anticipation.

The rest of the post i feel is accurate, yes, off topic as someone commented, but nevertheless a necessary rant. its called padding out.

Have a great day. :finger
« Last Edit: 22 November 2017, 09:02:11 am by tommyardin »

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: 22 November 2017, 09:35:32 am »
I take it from your posts Tommy that,"a miserable, whinging lot of foccers" gets your goat  :eek :pokefun :lol :lol

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: 22 November 2017, 11:07:26 am »
I'm suspecting this post wasn't a wind-up at 11:53pm last night😉 lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: 22 November 2017, 12:52:49 pm »
Be on your guard at all times.
Snipers do not stand out in the middle of fields, they hide so you can't see them, I'm told the recipient does not even hear the bang.  :lol

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: 22 November 2017, 12:55:21 pm »
Seriously who the foc is going to do this: 

I just read right through this post from it conception. What a miserable, whinging lot of foccers there are on this forum. It seems foc all is right for you,
FFS cheer up and try and see the positive in some things it's not all doom and gloom. Should start a post called 'What makes me smile'

The bait was cast.... now the wait in eager anticipation.

The rest of the post i feel is accurate, yes, off topic as someone commented, but nevertheless a necessary rant. its called padding out.

Have a great day. :finger

Hmmmm.......I think this one could be for Jeremy Kyle, I reckon there's a small chance you could be related to The Chuckle Brothers.  :lol

Back at yer  :finger

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: 22 November 2017, 12:55:50 pm »
I'm suspecting this post wasn't a wind-up at 11:53pm last night😉 lol

Then it worked as well as I wanted it to, mission accomplished.  :rollin

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: 22 November 2017, 01:05:11 pm »
Seriously.
What get my goat is why Samsung built the Galaxy 6 Edge in a such away that you cannot remove or replace the battery.
Mine is 14 months old and the battery only holds its charge for about 8 hours, it seems every time I go to make a foccing call there is 3% left and it immediately shuts down.
Nearly £600 for 14 months use, £42+ a month without call costs or data.  :thumbdown

Contract next time
« Last Edit: 22 November 2017, 01:06:42 pm by tommyardin »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: 22 November 2017, 01:08:14 pm »
What gets tommys goat is that other people have goats that get got.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: 22 November 2017, 01:25:08 pm »
Breakdown Services

Just got renewal quote for 2 vehicles for £217 from RAC.
Same difference with AA was £139.

Let’s face it, if you break down you just want your vehicle sorted out at roadside, or taken home with it.
I’m not interested in all the other bollox they’re offering.

So i just phoned the RAC to cancel my Direct Debit, and they then offered me not 12, but 15 months of the same cover for £163  :look

Would’ve been so much easier if they just offered me that in the first place.
When broken down (no pun intended) it even works out cheaper than the AA quote!

Worth knowing if you’re not too impressed with your own renewal price.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: 22 November 2017, 01:43:40 pm »
Churchill threw in free brake down and get you home recovery, Green Flag, dunno if its any good never had to use it.
Just checked £247 fully comp on a Mercecdes SLK Kompressor HairDresser inc brake down.

Now! is that true or another baited hook

« Last Edit: 22 November 2017, 01:48:11 pm by tommyardin »