Date: 28-03-24  Time: 10:49 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 641644 times)

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #1650 on: 21 October 2017, 06:32:06 pm »
Errr, when was this?

M27 west junction 11-9 at 1246hrs Mon 16th Oct, where you overtaken by blue M/Cycle or have dashcam? Contact PC 21929@Havant. #1046

https://twitter.com/HantsPolRoads/status/920745761268273153?s=04

Why? Do you have something to confess...? ;)

It was probably a red bike, which had been nicked and sprayed blue to fool everyone!  :lol :lol :lol

celticbiker

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: 21 October 2017, 06:56:20 pm »
Wot me guv? No not a thing.
Just wondering was all. Now I know I can say for sure that I wasn't and my mum and brother will confirm that. Cos I was down the pub with my mates.
Guv. 😎
(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help
(")-(") him gain world domination!

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: 22 October 2017, 06:01:11 pm »
The civil servant responsible for increasing the state pension age to 67 is Retiring at 61 with a £1.8 million pension pot he will receive £85000 a year and lump sum of £245000 [/size]He's permanent secretary for Department for Works and Pensions. His name is Sir Robert Devereux., shows what the establishment think of ordinary people who can work till they drop while tossers like him just pen push and ruin people's lives.

[/color]
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership!

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: 24 October 2017, 03:44:03 pm »
Luxury fast cars (driving like they stole it) vs "Boy Racers" = Same thing.

The other day it was a TVR - undercutting everyone on the slip road, to get on to the dual carriageway!  :eek

You see a genuinely fast/expensive car speeding along the dual carriageway or motorway (Porsche / BMW M series / etc), undercutting, swerving around other cars, generally anti-social / wreckless speeding.

YET society tolerates them because "wow - they are driving an expensive sports car - its meant to be driven fast - that guy is cool !" ..... however in my eyes, still a menace on the roads - still a threat to our safety - no different to the 'boy racer' driving the same way in his loud, souped up... [insert typical cars here].

The fast car is usually being driven by a mid-life crisis (young/old) gentleman, trying to re-live his youth. But the shell the cager sit's in shouldn't give him immunity/an excuse to drive like he's just come off the set of 2Fast2Furious!  :finger

[/RANT over]

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: 24 October 2017, 08:50:04 pm »
Ironically, people sticking to the right hand lane on the slip road, forcing me to undertake really gets my goat.
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: 24 October 2017, 11:47:07 pm »
The civil servant responsible for increasing the state pension age to 67 is Retiring at 61 with a £1.8 million pension pot he will receive £85000 a year and lump sum of £245000 He's permanent secretary for Department for Works and Pensions. His name is Sir Robert Devereux., shows what the establishment think of ordinary people who can work till they drop while tossers like him just pen push and ruin people's lives.

John! why Oh Why are you surprised.
That the way it is mate, you can keep working with your asbestos filled lungs till you hopefully drop dead, save the country some money then an MP can steal it and build a duck house (Quick check to make sure I spelt that right, Duck House, Yep that's right). Seems fair  :eek

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: 25 October 2017, 07:49:13 am »
Ironically, people sticking to the right hand lane on the slip road, forcing me to undertake really gets my goat.
And particularly those who fail to understand the purpose of the slip road which is to enable them to join the carriageway at an appropriate speed to allow them to "slot in" to the traffic flow without causing other motorists to brake or take evasive action. Followed an idiot down slip road who attempted to join lane 1 of M5 at 40mph ffs! :eek

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: 25 October 2017, 07:57:36 am »
What Gets My Goat?......It would be easier to make a list of the few things that DONT!
Politicians,Religions, Brexit, The Media, Cagers, the moronic TV programmes designed to cater for the brain dead, "Celebrities", Spokespersons, Interviewers asking really stupid questions, Facebook,the general dumbing down of everything, the compensation culture, the willingness to blame others for ones own shortcomings etc etc. What a state of affairs :eek

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: 25 October 2017, 08:21:41 am »

That was YOU in the TVR !?  :lol  :thumbup

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: 25 October 2017, 11:44:34 am »
And particularly those who fail to understand the purpose of the slip road which is to enable them to join the carriageway at an appropriate speed to allow them to "slot in" to the traffic flow without causing other motorists to brake or take evasive action. Followed an idiot down slip road who attempted to join lane 1 of M5 at 40mph ffs! :eek

I get that almost every day on the M5. I followed a BMW up the sliproad in my wife's Hyundai Matrix because I rashly assumed a BMW would accelerate. Nope. And then when they got onto the motorway they immediately get into the middle lane and sit at 65mph. FFS
Malc

Old enough to know better.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: 25 October 2017, 02:53:07 pm »
What Gets My Goat?......It would be easier to make a list of the few things that DONT!
Politicians,Religions, Brexit, The Media, Cagers, the moronic TV programmes designed to cater for the brain dead, "Celebrities", Spokespersons, Interviewers asking really stupid questions, Facebook,the general dumbing down of everything, the compensation culture, the willingness to blame others for ones own shortcomings etc etc. What a state of affairs :eek

You are me!

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: 25 October 2017, 04:07:45 pm »
That was YOU in the TVR !?  :lol  :thumbup

Admittedly in an 80bhp Focus I rarely come across this problem! :lol
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: 25 October 2017, 04:50:49 pm »

You are me!
 Desperately trying not to become like Victor Meldrew( At least I still have some hair on my head! :lol )

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: 25 October 2017, 08:46:00 pm »
The reason for poor driving is the lack of dedicated traffic police the politicians can pass all the laws they want but if there's no one to enforce them they are pointless. It appears that they just want to use speed cameras to collect revenue not enforce the laws they pass. Perhaps if they used that revenue to fund traffic officer we would all be safer on the roads.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: 25 October 2017, 11:46:26 pm »
Scooter twat slowly tried to overtake me this morning as i was doing a right turn?
Once the bastard made me jump, i put my right hand out right across his lid and he braked, luckily for him.
Then i glimpsed the 'L' plate as he undertook me.
It's not being drummed into people enough on real dangerous moves, even on a CBT.
I'm not blaming anyone in general, but some people need a lot more training on the road to avoid unnecessary shite.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: 26 October 2017, 12:20:00 am »
The reason for poor driving is the lack of dedicated traffic police the politicians can pass all the laws they want but if there's no one to enforce them they are pointless. It appears that they just want to use speed cameras to collect revenue not enforce the laws they pass. Perhaps if they used that revenue to terminate traffic officers we would all be safer on the roads to go much faster.

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: 26 October 2017, 08:24:33 am »
Scooter twat slowly tried to overtake me this morning as i was doing a right turn?
Once the bastard made me jump, i put my right hand out right across his lid and he braked, luckily for him.
Then i glimpsed the 'L' plate as he undertook me.
It's not being drummed into people enough on real dangerous moves, even on a CBT.
I'm not blaming anyone in general, but some people need a lot more training on the road to avoid unnecessary shite.

How about the fast food (usually pizza) delivery guys, on the scooters? It would be debatable if they even sat a CBT!
Absolutely ZERO consideration for other road vehicles (cars or bikes) or even traffic lights, etc - on off the pavements. "Helping" give motorcyclists a bad image.

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: 26 October 2017, 11:08:51 am »

How about the fast food (usually pizza) delivery guys, on the scooters? It would be debatable if they even sat a CBT!
Absolutely ZERO consideration for other road vehicles (cars or bikes) or even traffic lights, etc - on off the pavements. "Helping" give motorcyclists a bad image.
I do wonder about the legality of employing someone to deliver stuff who hasn't got a full driving licence.
Malc

Old enough to know better.

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: 26 October 2017, 11:23:18 am »

I do wonder about the legality of employing someone to deliver stuff who hasn't got a full driving licence.

.... Probably don't even own a UK passport either!  :lol

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: 26 October 2017, 11:25:56 am »

.... Probably don't even own a UK passport either!  :lol
Once that helmet is on - nobody is going to know what they look like/who they are. Just like the London scooter "bike thieves" - the Police turn a blind eye.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #1670 on: 26 October 2017, 11:30:16 am »

They are licenced to ride (assuming they have done the CBT) with a provisional licence so it is legal even if it doesn't seem right.

If any of the riders get injured in an accident, their insurance company may throw a wobbly if the company has not done their own health and safety checks to confirm that the rider is capable though.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: 26 October 2017, 12:04:29 pm »
I don't care whether the pizza boy is legal or not just so long as he gets here before the pizza goes cold.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: 26 October 2017, 12:05:35 pm »

They are licenced to ride (assuming they have done the CBT) with a provisional licence so it is legal even if it doesn't seem right.

If any of the riders get injured in an accident, their insurance company may throw a wobbly if the company has not done their own health and safety checks to confirm that the rider is capable though.

Just thinking about your comments BB make me wonder if standard domestic and pleasure insurance would cover delivering pizza or any other commodity, as they are earning a living from the use of the bike and not just using it to get to and from your place of work.
Making deliveries sort of make it a commercial thing, I know Churchill will not insure my van I have to go to Budget Van insurance to insure that, I have my Fazer and my Merc insured with Churchill but they will not touch my van. (Commercial Insurance)   

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: 26 October 2017, 12:07:35 pm »
I don't care whether the pizza boy is legal or not just so long as he gets here before the pizza goes cold.

Mmmmmmm Pizza  :lol

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #1674 on: 26 October 2017, 12:11:20 pm »
Just thinking about your comments BB make me wonder if standard domestic and pleasure insurance would cover delivering pizza or any other commodity, as they are earning a living from the use of the bike and not just using it to get to and from your place of work.
Making deliveries sort of make it a commercial thing, I know Churchill will not insure my van I have to go to Budget Van insurance to insure that, I have my Fazer and my Merc insured with Churchill but they will not touch my van. (Commercial Insurance)   

Dominos etc will have business use insurance on their bikes that covers any rider.

My car (and bike) insurance has Class 1 business but both specifically exclude food delivery.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again