Date: 19-04-24  Time: 15:15 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 651506 times)

greenman

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #1300 on: 29 March 2017, 11:00:12 pm »
People who pull out into the outside lane of dual carrageways whilst doing 45 mph because they are going to turn right sometime in the next 20 miles!
There ain't arf been some clever bastards

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: 30 March 2017, 07:24:55 am »
People that pull out onto the roundabout when it's not FOCCING safe to. I wouldn't mind so much if they were in big powerful motors as they would probably have the power to get out the way quickly but, it alway's seems to be the little FOCCERS in crappy little shit heaps with as much power as a foccing snail but yet they drive them as if they are on a F1 Track  :2guns :car :grumble
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: 30 March 2017, 09:29:15 am »
  In my experience HGV drivers are the worst culprits for that. They absolutely hate having to stop. I've lost count of how many times I've had to to come to a complete stop in my car, on a roundabout cos some idiot in a truck just came straight out. Bizarrely though, never on a bike. But really though, don't get me started on HGVs, I could go on for hours.
« Last Edit: 30 March 2017, 09:30:20 am by vinnyb »

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: 30 March 2017, 09:52:38 am »
Adding to that, fecking massive lorries trying to overtake a string of other massive lorries blocking off 2 of the 3 lanes on the motorway when they have no fecking chance of getting to the front any time soon and also pulling out to do the 4 hour long overtake when it's not safe for them to do so, it's mainly foreign lorries.

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: 30 March 2017, 10:16:05 am »
 I said don't get me started on HGVs. What about trying to climb into your boot when they don't thing you're going fast enough in 40 or 50mph speed limits?

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: 30 March 2017, 10:38:17 am »
I said don't get me started on HGVs.

sorry just had to get it off my chest  :lol

What about trying to climb into your boot when they don't thing you're going fast enough in 40 or 50mph speed limits?

I find the fecking Chelsea Tracktor drivers are the worst for that.

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: 30 March 2017, 11:00:26 am »

What about trying to climb into your boot when they don't thing you're going fast enough in 40 or 50mph speed limits?

Had a bloke in a van do that to me in a 30mph suburban road. He failed to stop before the white line as he came out of a side road and stopped 3 ft into the carriageway. Then drives right up my arse for a couple of hundred yards jinking to the right to try and see if it's free to overtake. The at the roundabout cuts me up and nearly hits me. When I indicate a tad of frustration by hooting it is apparently me who is in the wrong as he spent 10 minutes chasing me across Birmingham to tell me he could drive right up my arse if he liked and he didn't care where I lived (??????). He did have one of those stupid beards under the chin and no moustache though.
Malc

Old enough to know better.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: 30 March 2017, 11:48:38 am »

Had a bloke in a van do that to me in a 30mph suburban road. He failed to stop before the white line as he came out of a side road and stopped 3 ft into the carriageway. Then drives right up my arse for a couple of hundred yards jinking to the right to try and see if it's free to overtake. The at the roundabout cuts me up and nearly hits me. When I indicate a tad of frustration by hooting it is apparently me who is in the wrong as he spent 10 minutes chasing me across Birmingham to tell me he could drive right up my arse if he liked and he didn't care where I lived (??????). He did have one of those stupid beards under the chin and no moustache though.

I had it on Tuesday night as we were driving back from a Martial arts session, pitch black bendy country roads and trying to follow a satnav that was not working properly, Chelsea tracktor right up our arse to the point that it felt like rape, when our turning was in sight I indercate and gently apply the brake to slow for the bend then I get honked at as if to say what the FOC are you doing. I was hopeing they were going to chase us as I had a car full of weapons from training and people trained in how to use them properly  :lol

I can just imagine the headline "Ninja's defend against tailgateing twat in Chelsea Tracktor"  :rollin :rollin :rollin

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: 30 March 2017, 12:49:57 pm »
Tail gating is the biggest driving thing that gets my goat, some people just can not bare it if i trundle along at a slow 30 IN A 30 ZONE and then they have the audacity to blat their horn at me  :rolleyes   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: 30 March 2017, 02:10:53 pm »
adding to my point about people pulling out when it's not safe to do so, the attached video is from part of the ride I have just done today to get some engine oil from halfords, the asshole wasn't even looking at all.
« Last Edit: 30 March 2017, 02:46:55 pm by Fazer99 »

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: 30 March 2017, 02:55:02 pm »
adding to my point about people pulling out when it's not safe to do so, the attached video is from part of the ride I have just done today to get some engine oil from halfords, the asshole wasn't even looking at all.

the video went currupted so I tried to put a new version on but it will not let me.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: 30 March 2017, 09:23:39 pm »
Two lane traffic in both directions 30 or 40 zone with a wide refuge in the middle for people turning, so my goat get is those people who dont know how long their front is and dont go in the refuge enough for fear of sticking out the front BUT they are sticking out the back leaving me to swerve out (if there is a gap )
MOVE IN YOU TWAT ther is plenty of room for you. 
« Last Edit: 30 March 2017, 09:24:24 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: 30 March 2017, 10:57:07 pm »
 Your doing 70-80mph in the outside lane overtaking the slower moving traffic and some tosser, usually in an Audi or similar comes flying up behind and starts flashing to try to get you out the way. so he can continue on his way at 100 mph+

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: 30 March 2017, 11:29:47 pm »
He did have one of those stupid beards under the chin and no moustache though.
Did he have a banjo? People who pretend mini roundabouts don't exist. Going straight on, treating it as a T junction and not even slowing at all

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: 31 March 2017, 02:18:58 pm »
The lying bastarding weather app on my phone. It told me that it was raining in the morning which it was and there will be on off showers throughout the day. Because it matched what the weather was in the morning I decided to wear my waterproofs that happen to be thermal, well since from about 10am it's been clear skies blazing sun and I'm there sweating my fecking goolies off looking like a right tit in Mitchelin man suit  :groan when I got back to the office I couldn't get my kit off quick enough, I was that quick it was like I was on a promise  :lol :sex :lol

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: 31 March 2017, 11:22:42 pm »

Someone mentioned Tail Gating here in France it is a way of life I was in the car yesterday and got a nudge on the back. My son was with me and seeing as we were stopped at lights he got to have a look. The other guy says to my lad what the fuck did you brake for it was your fault. My Lad is 6'3" and speaks fluent French, Les feux étaient allumés rouge, the lights were on red dickhead. I kid you not this guy gets out of the car and decides he wants to take this further. As I said my lad is 6'3"Sean advised him to shut up and get back into his car, thankfully he did just that.
I don't understand the French in cars, they tailgate you but if you are  on the bike they will nearly put themselves into the ditch to let you past.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: 31 March 2017, 11:43:26 pm »
I will tell you what gets my goat:
It is when I order bits of bling or jewellery for my bike, even if it is none functional bling, like the parts I just bought, and I order the wrong size and the effort and cost of returning it make it almost not worth it.

So up for grabs see picture below first come first served, message me with a postal address and I will send off tomorrow.

They are preload adjusters (I know they will do nothing on the FZS600) and i think they look cool, bling I know, But I ordered 17mm ones by mistake when the fork top nut on the FZS600 is 19mm, don't know what else they will fit, but I know they fit the R6 whether they fit a thou I don't know. 

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: 01 April 2017, 08:22:41 am »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: 01 April 2017, 09:27:45 am »
My mums not.
but you are  :rollin :rollin

LOL touche :pokefun

A couple of pics of me going to a kids youth group party two years ago, I went as 'Dame Edna Everage' to give out prizes. Well that's my story anyway, he he.
I walked through my village like it to get to the local village hall, I received a few wolf whistles and some jaunty remarks, its funny though that those that shout out things like 'faggot' only do it when they are about 100 yards passed you, lol
Anyway it was a fun night and someone dared me to go into the local pub and buy a pint, I declined, cos, guys with beer inside them don't wait till they are 100 yards away to say something. lol :rollin :rollin

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: 01 April 2017, 12:02:45 pm »
I will tell you what gets my goat:
It is when I order bits of bling or jewellery for my bike, even if it is none functional bling, like the parts I just bought, and I order the wrong size and the effort and cost of returning it make it almost not worth it.

So up for grabs see picture below first come first served, message me with a postal address and I will send off tomorrow.

They are preload adjusters (I know they will do nothing on the FZS600) and i think they look cool, bling I know, But I ordered 17mm ones by mistake when the fork top nut on the FZS600 is 19mm, don't know what else they will fit, but I know they fit the R6 whether they fit a thou I don't know.

Why not drill them out to 19mm?

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: 01 April 2017, 01:49:25 pm »
Today, it's cars.
Driving cars specifically.
Slow, boring, cramped shitty cars.
Last night it took me nine hours to get from Coventry to Haverfordwest due to heavy traffic, roadworks, my daughter shitting her nappy, then puking all over the place an hour later.
So with my car stinking of shit and puke I was stuck in roadworks by Carmarthen enviously watching all the bikers filtering past thinking "I fucking hate being here!"
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: 02 April 2017, 10:01:55 am »
Image may contain: text
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: 02 April 2017, 06:43:39 pm »
Image may contain: text

Dont forget "For fuck sake!!"
And (if you have kids) "shut the fuck up" ;-)

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: 02 April 2017, 07:33:34 pm »
All true.
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: 04 April 2017, 05:40:25 pm »
Job agencies advertising jobs that don't exist, managers who ask for your CV and  never contact you again,  jobs that are a standard 48 hours, whatever happened to the shorter working week? , job adverts that don't state the wage or core hours, employers who think £7.50 an hour is " competitive",  and foccing Ed Sheeran!