Date: 28-03-24  Time: 08:53 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 641507 times)

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #1125 on: 09 January 2017, 09:24:24 pm »
12yr old kids that run out from between 2 transit vans in torrential rain then splat themselves all over your front fairing, bending your wing mirror totally inwards and nearly knocking you and the bike over.........then run off.

That got my goat tonight.
I felt like i'd just been Tango'd.
Maybe they thought they was going to get a good hiding , which they deserved
Bring back the green cross code man  :)

I do often wonder if kids are taught how to cross roads these days, it was drummed into us as kids yet all i tend to see is kids staring you out or slowing down deliberately to take the piss.
Dropping a gear and taking aim tends to wipe the smirk rapidly of their faces but in my day we were taught to be polite and look left and right before even contemplating crossing.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: 09 January 2017, 10:53:06 pm »
Bring back the green cross code man :)

We can't, he's gone to the Dark Side

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: 09 January 2017, 10:59:24 pm »
When a road widens with a turn right lane with chevrons leading up to it, and some people block the lane as they seem to fear putting a couple of wheels in the chevron area!
Last time i went around a row of cars queuing like that O went on the cheveron side and got a 6 inch nail in my tryre for my efforts, I avoid doing that now, as the area is not used you get all kinds of shit washed in there.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: 09 January 2017, 11:05:08 pm »
I just don't think that a bit (lot) of rain is enough reason to run out into the road to nearly get yourself killed, and worse still, mess my bike up, 'cos either way you're on a loser as far as i'm concerned.
I was barely moving luckily but he hit me full on from the side. If i'd have hit the deck i would not have been a happy man.  :(
Not even a fucking apology either.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: 10 January 2017, 06:50:46 pm »
When a road widens with a turn right lane with chevrons leading up to it, and some people block the lane as they seem to fear putting a couple of wheels in the chevron area!
Last time i went around a row of cars queuing like that O went on the cheveron side and got a 6 inch nail in my tryre for my efforts, I avoid doing that now, as the area is not used you get all kinds of shit washed in there.

A very good point.

Areas such as that are covered in tyre-puncturing junk.

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: 11 January 2017, 11:10:29 am »
I am not talking about overtaking on chevrons, jsut tucking into a chevron area at a junction to not block cars going straight on.  Such as this:

rather than:

I find most people do tuck in, but you get the odd ones who don't...  I know you shouldn't really go on chevrons, SINNER!!

Intentionally left blank

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: 11 January 2017, 01:02:38 pm »
Yep cheverons are there to separate traffic and you should not go in them, in your picture scenario its not so bad but the chevrons are used in all kinds of road situations, and its all well and good your first car doing it but the next one will still black the traffic if the first car is still there.
And you will get a puncture sooner or later.
I go my 6inch nail from overtaking stationary traffic that had a very long thin chevron area on the right in between two pedestrian refuges, whih is why the chevrons were there to protect the pedestrian refuge   

Wee Rocky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono 1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: 11 January 2017, 01:32:33 pm »
Going for a haircut and half way through it looks great then 5 mins later when they are finished  it looks fecking worse than when you first went in!! And the bastards charge you for it!! And you tell them it looks great when it's terrible!! I just shave my head now.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: 11 January 2017, 02:22:20 pm »
Yep cheverons are there to separate traffic and you should not go in them, in your picture scenario its not so bad but the chevrons are used in all kinds of road situations, and its all well and good your first car doing it but the next one will still black the traffic if the first car is still there.
And you will get a puncture sooner or later.
I go my 6inch nail from overtaking stationary traffic that had a very long thin chevron area on the right in between two pedestrian refuges, whih is why the chevrons were there to protect the pedestrian refuge   

"...•If the area is bordered by a broken white line, you should not enter the area unless it is necessary and you can see that it is safe to do so..."

Looks safe enough to me, and it is necessary if you don't want to hold up every other poor sod behind you!  :)

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: 11 January 2017, 04:12:43 pm »
Going for a haircut and half way through it looks great then 5 mins later when they are finished  it looks fecking worse than when you first went in!! And the bastards charge you for it!! And you tell them it looks great when it's terrible!! I just shave my head now.

Whats a haircut? If it isn't just blade one all over then you are just a ruddy hippie :)

Billy Balthorpe

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 2 X 1987 fzr1000's, VN800
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: 11 January 2017, 05:20:24 pm »

Whats a haircut? If it isn't just blade one all over then you are just a ruddy hippie :)

Skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin eaddddd!!

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: 11 January 2017, 05:42:16 pm »

Property law in England

I have my apartment up for sale it was only on the market for a week. Two people enter into a bidding war and on the advice of the estate I accepted the higher offer as the buyer offered full asking price and no chain involved. The buyer insisted that I take the property off the market as he was a cash buyer and wanted to fast track the sale. So we agreed to do this. I get a phone call yesterday afternoon they have decided not to proceed. We are one month in to the process, fecking livid.
It is really time the law was changed.
In Spain and I think in France it works like this, you make an offer and if accepted the buyer puts down 10% deposit, you then have 10 days in which to change your mind. If after that date you change your mind you forfeit the 10%, also if the seller pulls out you have to pay the other party 10%. I believe in Scotland they have a sealed bid system and when an offer is accepted it is also binding. At least this is supposed to stop gazumping but still not perfect. Selling and buying property has to be one of the most stressful things in life.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #1137 on: 11 January 2017, 06:05:37 pm »
:agree

Your thoughts about the French process are not too far off. The deposit is variable but once an offer is accepted it is binding. The downside to the French process is it takes about 4 months even as a cash buyer to complete.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: 11 January 2017, 08:21:20 pm »
Eating establishments that have a sign by the road side that says "FOOD NOW BEING SERVED" and after you have pulled in and stopped etc. you find they are closed. Why don't the lazy so and so's take the sign in when they shut up shop.  :wall

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: 11 January 2017, 08:26:05 pm »

Skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin eaddddd!!

Ģuilty as charged,  bald patches appearing so just got rid of most of my hair :) , prefer that to the balding arseholes at work putting gel in their hair to try force the remaining few hairs to hide their bald patch and throw a wobbly like a little girl when you take the piss out of them.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: 11 January 2017, 11:08:35 pm »

:agree

Your thoughts about the French process are not too far off. The deposit is variable but once an offer is accepted it is binding. The downside to the French process is it takes about 4 months even as a cash buyer to complete.
Depends on what region you are buying in and how lazy the Notaire  is, my first place was 6 weeks in the Aude region and here in the lot et Garonne 3 months.

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: 12 January 2017, 06:26:55 pm »
Today I have mostly been ranting to myself (no one else would listen) about the amount of lazy bastards who can't be arsed fixing their faulty headlights, so they just put their fog lights on.
It's not foccing foggy, stop being so idle and maintain your vehicle.  :wall

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: 13 January 2017, 06:30:29 am »
Today I have mostly been ranting to myself (no one else would listen) about the amount of lazy bastards who can't be arsed fixing their faulty headlights, so they just put their fog lights on.
It's not foccing foggy, stop being so idle and maintain your vehicle.  :wall

You are very hopeful-I know quite a few drivers who never bother to check tyres(condition& pressure),fluid levels etc, so to expect them to check their lights are working is a bit optimistic.Manufacturers dont help by making it nigh on impossible to access said bulbs -some cars are particularly bad in this respect requiring removal of all sorts of stuff.
Was riding in fog/misty conditions last Sunday & lost count of the dickheads without adequate lights showing(DRLs give an illumination to dashboard on some cars). Then you get the idiots who put their high intensity rear foglights on at the first drop of rain!

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: 13 January 2017, 09:34:18 am »

Agree with the previous post concerning the difficulty of replacing bulbs. I have a Renault Captur (ok no jokes) it is a cracking wee car. My dear wife 9sic)noticed as I attempted to reverse over her that the reversing light was not working.
Tried to change it , Well how is this for clever engineering consulted the owners manual, Take car to dealers it more or less says. I did doit myself in the end as the dealer wanted £55.00 for labour costs as they have to remove the rear panels and bumper to access the light fittings. Feck that did it myself in the end and it did take me over an hour to do, okay now I know what is involved could do it in 1/2 the time but what a stupid design.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: 13 January 2017, 10:09:51 am »
I think that's a feature on all modern Renault.  The old shape Megan was famous for having the hardest to replace headlight bulbs of any road going car. They blamed it on Euro Ncap safety saying their cars were designed to be safer rather than easy to work on.
Funny seeing as the VW golf managed the same safety rating and all you had to do was pop the bonnet and unscrew the bulb from rear of the headlight.
Bludy French haha

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #1145 on: 13 January 2017, 10:47:19 am »
The 2002 Renoooo Laguna had the following steps to change a headlight bulb

1. Jack up BOTH front wheels
2. Remove BOTH front wheels
3. Remove BOTH wheel arch liners
4. Remove front bumper
5 remove headlight
6 change bulb
7. put it all back together again.

No wonder people never change them.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: 13 January 2017, 11:20:10 am »
The 2002 Renoooo Laguna had the following steps to change a headlight bulb

1. Jack up BOTH front wheels
2. Remove BOTH front wheels
3. Remove BOTH wheel arch liners
4. Remove front bumper
5 remove headlight
6 change bulb
7. put it all back together again.

No wonder people never change them.

2003 diesel Laguna you only have to remove the battery for the nearside bulb. But when you replace the battery you have to enter the radio code and calibrate the electric windows.
Malc

Old enough to know better.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: 13 January 2017, 01:39:28 pm »
It's always worth a look on youtube to see if there's an easy way to carry out car maitenance tasks. It certainly helped me out in ths summer when a dipped beam needed changing on my Vectra.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: 15 January 2017, 08:50:42 pm »

Speaking about headlights and what gets my goat - I was at my squash club yesterday, went on my Honda, rode there in the light and by the time I'd played it was dark. Started bike and ...... no headlight. It's about 15 minutes to ride home mostly B roads then a couple of miles of A. So dilema, I could ride it or I could push it or I could walk back and collect it the next day. Club is a bit out in the sticks so bus is not an option. Decided to ride it. That's all well and good but pretty much every driver flashed their lights at me and yes, it did get my goat! It's not for want of maintenance, my bikes and van are extremely carefully looked after, it just decided to give up for that journey.

I know I know, I shouldn't have ridden home but, realistically, what would you have done?

Frustratingly I've checked headlight, fuses, relay and switch today and can't find the fault!
is it clean enough?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: 15 January 2017, 09:01:47 pm »

Speaking about headlights and what gets my goat - I was at my squash club yesterday, went on my Honda, rode there in the light and by the time I'd played it was dark. Started bike and ...... no headlight. It's about 15 minutes to ride home mostly B roads then a couple of miles of A. So dilema, I could ride it or I could push it or I could walk back and collect it the next day. Club is a bit out in the sticks so bus is not an option. Decided to ride it. That's all well and good but pretty much every driver flashed their lights at me and yes, it did get my goat! It's not for want of maintenance, my bikes and van are extremely carefully looked after, it just decided to give up for that journey.

I know I know, I shouldn't have ridden home but, realistically, what would you have done?

Frustratingly I've checked headlight, fuses, relay and switch today and can't find the fault!
So was it he bulb - in which case it would not of been both filaments so you could of ridden home on full beam