Date: 28-03-24  Time: 15:15 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 641973 times)

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #1000 on: 01 November 2016, 09:25:11 am »
Fireworks, or more to the point rockets, or more to the point focing massive things that tossers send up without a care in the world where the foc the massive stick and hard plastic shell is going to fall ON MY CAR focing put a dent in the wing, anything over the size of a candy floss stick should be banned, these things are about 1/4 inch thick wood and 4 foot long. I also had one stuck in sharp halls gutter. We get it in october with de-wali and it seems that the bigger bang you can get means you are more respected in "your society"  ;) because it shows that you can afford the biggest.     

So, last night I popped out to have a couple of beers with a mate, and I'm sitting outside and I feel what I thought was someone slapping me on the shoulder?
I looked around and there was nobody there then saw the remains of a firework that had landed on me.  >:

THEN, we were walking towards home, and my mate lives on the other side of the main road so said our goodbyes and I start walking up my road.
I heard a car pull into my road and slowly pull up just behind me, but didn't take too much notice, then I felt something hit my foot and heard a hissing noise.
Nope, it wasn't a snake, but when I looked down it did resemble a stick of dynamite.  :eek
The bastards in the car had broken the stick off a large firework then lobbed it straight at me, then put their foot down and sped off up my road, the cowardly bastards.
Meanwhile, sensing that maybe I should do something rather sharpish, I ducked down then ran towards a tree hoping to get behind it, but the rocket was luckily aiming the other way and screamed off in the opposite direction then exploded, but obviously showering me with sparks on its way.

So, that just about reinforces my views on fireworks, they serve no purpose whatsoever other than noise and danger, especially when in the hands of a bunch of c***s.  :grumble
« Last Edit: 01 November 2016, 09:26:32 am by darrsi »
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #1001 on: 01 November 2016, 09:40:46 am »
When I was (much) younger, I lived in a village that had a monastery located nearby.
Being young and not so clever then, we used to regularly buy crow scarers from the local gun shop and then spend the odd evening lobbing individual crow scarers into the monastery car park, ducking down (or driving off) whilst all the monks came running out to see what the noise was.

Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: 01 November 2016, 11:38:00 am »
When you spend a good 45 minutes cleaning and lubing your chain then cleaning and polishing your wheels only for the chain oil to get thrown every foccing where the next time you ride it 😲😭

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: 01 November 2016, 12:13:13 pm »
When you spend a good 45 minutes cleaning and lubing your chain then cleaning and polishing your wheels only for the chain oil to get thrown every foccing where the next time you ride it 😲😭

That gets on my tits too. I'm trying to make an extention to the chain guard to protect the wheel from lube spray.
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: 01 November 2016, 02:44:05 pm »
Something like this? haha

Flooky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: 01 November 2016, 02:59:42 pm »
I think I saw something recently, like a plastic guard, I think it was bolted on using the wheel spindle. looked like a small blue scoop thing. I will google it

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: 01 November 2016, 03:04:29 pm »
Something like this? haha

Yeah! something like that but not as bulky  :)

Flooky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: 01 November 2016, 03:13:14 pm »
it must have been in one of those free brochures you get in bike mags or I dreamt it.. I spos the scoop would just fill up with crud and be as bad..I will shut up now

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: 02 November 2016, 11:40:27 am »
Cagers who lean into left hand bends, presumably to counter g-force, but have not yet worked out that it is unnecessary as they can't lean into right handers.

Oh............ and brake pedal dabbers

I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: 02 November 2016, 11:53:09 am »
Oh............ and brake pedal dabbers
Cagers who swing out in the opposite direction before making a turn.
I was behind one dabber who was so bad I became convinced that the lights had an electrical problem
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: 02 November 2016, 12:16:46 pm »
Fricking police that don't do their job. On my way home last night a police car was waiting in the lane next to me at traffic light controled junction and a car comming from the right clearly jumped a red light (at high speed I should add) and the police did nothing, when I gave the officer a gesture to say 'well! go after them then' I just got a look as if to say what's your problem  :2guns :bobby :wall

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: 02 November 2016, 12:36:53 pm »
Fricking police that don't do their job. On my way home last night a police car was waiting in the lane next to me at traffic light controled junction and a car comming from the right clearly jumped a red light (at high speed I should add) and the police did nothing, when I gave the officer a gesture to say 'well! go after them then' I just got a look as if to say what's your problem  :2guns :bobby :wall

What time of the day,change of shift coming up,
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: 02 November 2016, 01:39:38 pm »

What time of the day,change of shift coming up,

Would have been around 5pm, so yeah they were probably off the clock  :lol . Joking aside, the question is, if I had not seen the car comming at high speed when my light changed to green, pulled out as would have been my right to and got hit would they then do something? or are they still off the clock? as they were in a police car and in full uniform.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: 02 November 2016, 02:45:57 pm »
Plods shift patterns used to be 2pm till 10pm,10pm till 6am,6am till 2pm. Only know as used to maintain phone systems for the Met.Changeover times were the best times for all sorts of crimes especially forecourt petrol theft.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

scoobiemandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: 02 November 2016, 03:22:31 pm »
Trying to find a job for my 16 year old daughter!  What experience is a question that's asked.......really, she's 16, what experience do you expect her to have eh?

I seem to recall in my days you used to walk into somewhere, ask if they had any jobs going, do a little on the job training and have a short 'chat' then a job!

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: 02 November 2016, 03:25:20 pm »
Plods shift patterns used to be 2pm till 10pm,10pm till 6am,6am till 2pm. Only know as used to maintain phone systems for the Met.Changeover times were the best times for all sorts of crimes especially forecourt petrol theft.

So they should have been on the clock and done their job. I know it might seem like a little thing jumping a red light but it's the what could have happened and if they see the plod are not going to give a shit then there is the possibility that they will do it more often then increasing the risk of an accident.

scoobiemandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: 02 November 2016, 03:33:30 pm »

I witnessed just the thing on my way back from work a while ago.  The car in front of me shot through a red but the police sitting waiting at the adjoining lights blue'd and two'd it straight after her.  So amused was I at this that I laughed rather loud as I rode past her where she'd been pulled up.  Next thing I know is I'm getting pulled by the ol bill at the next set of lights.  I think they thought I was a young inbred as I was on my old 125 smoker.  Asked what I was laughing at, replying that I thought it amusing that an idiot had actually been pulled for a change.  I was asked to remove my helmet and their demeanour totally changed when they saw I was, lets say, more mature.  Asked if it was my bike and if I was insured.....no checks, let me on my way.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: 02 November 2016, 04:09:01 pm »

I witnessed just the thing on my way back from work a while ago.  The car in front of me shot through a red but the police sitting waiting at the adjoining lights blue'd and two'd it straight after her.  So amused was I at this that I laughed rather loud as I rode past her where she'd been pulled up.  Next thing I know is I'm getting pulled by the ol bill at the next set of lights.  I think they thought I was a young inbred as I was on my old 125 smoker.  Asked what I was laughing at, replying that I thought it amusing that an idiot had actually been pulled for a change.  I was asked to remove my helmet and their demeanour totally changed when they saw I was, lets say, more mature.  Asked if it was my bike and if I was insured.....no checks, let me on my way.

:rollin :rollin so they pulled you over for laughing  :rollin :rollin I didn't realise laughing was a crime

scoobiemandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: 02 November 2016, 04:27:41 pm »
Exactly  :lol

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: 02 November 2016, 11:47:49 pm »

:rollin :rollin so they pulled you over for laughing  :rollin :rollin I didn't realise laughing was a crime

My ex missus once got pulled on her bike for not speeding!  :eek  They said she was acting very suspiciously because they'd followed her (in an unmarked car) for several miles and she hadn't exceeded the speed limit!

She then proceeded to reprimand them for stopping her when "people like my husband and his mates are riding at ridiculous speeds and you don't pull them over!"  :rolleyes

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: 03 November 2016, 08:44:54 am »
I can go one better, my hopefully soon to be ex mrs.

Many years ago we were doing the school run. Having dropped my boy off we were carrying onto Chester for shopping. Anyway a tractor was holding back traffic so on a straight stretch of road I floored it (40 limit) so maybe hit 50?(it was an old Astra). Out steps Plod and waves me down(he was a sargent). Produces his book and was about to write me. I explained I was only accelerating to get past the tractor. Well he says you are behind it again. My Mrs pipes up, go on book him!!!!!! I told him not to over take here as I know the police are here at this time of the morning, so throw the book at him. The guy looks at me and puts the book away and says I will let you off with a caution this time sir, take it easy eh!!

He had a look on his face that said it all really, I am married to a twat like that as well, and she is going to make your life hell all day, punishment enough me thinks. ;)
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: 03 November 2016, 09:25:27 am »

Many years ago we were doing the school run. Having dropped my boy off we were carrying onto Chester for shopping. Anyway a tractor was holding back traffic so on a straight stretch of road I floored it (40 limit) so maybe hit 50?(it was an old Astra). Out steps Plod and waves me down(he was a sargent). Produces his book and was about to write me. I explained I was only accelerating to get past the tractor. Well he says you are behind it again. My Mrs pipes up, go on book him!!!!!! I told him not to over take here as I know the police are here at this time of the morning, so throw the book at him. The guy looks at me and puts the book away and says I will let you off with a caution this time sir, take it easy eh!!

He had a look on his face that said it all really, I am married to a twat like that as well, and she is going to make your life hell all day, punishment enough me thinks. ;)
:lol
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: 03 November 2016, 10:25:29 am »

What you did was not against the law as you were overtaking, unless you continued at 50 in a 40 after you cleared the slower vehicle/obstruction.

if my wife did that to me I would have told the plod that she was carrying a weapon then driven off when they drag her out of the car  :evil :lol

My ex missus once got pulled on her bike for not speeding!  :eek  They said she was acting very suspiciously because they'd followed her (in an unmarked car) for several miles and she hadn't exceeded the speed limit!

She then proceeded to reprimand them for stopping her when "people like my husband and his mates are riding at ridiculous speeds and you don't pull them over!"  :rolleyes

is she blond and did she have a nice arse?  :lol

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #1024 on: 03 November 2016, 12:46:49 pm »

What you did was not against the law as you were overtaking, unless you continued at 50 in a 40 after you cleared the slower vehicle/obstruction.

Wrong. Exceeding the speed limit to overtake something is not mitigation.
The limit is the limit.