Date: 28-03-24  Time: 08:05 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 641439 times)

pete786.u

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #825 on: 12 September 2016, 08:40:56 am »
Their Not there  :oops

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: 12 September 2016, 08:49:00 am »
Saw a woman come down the slip road onto the motorway. Halfway down the slip road she slows down, and winds the window down. She came to a halt with one wheel in lane 1 apparently fiddling with the wing mirror!
The next prize numpty was the bloke in a BMW X5 who ignored all the signs in the roadworks which say "Lanes 1&2 M42, Lanes 2 & 3 M5". He then realises he wants the M5 not the M42 and cuts across two lanes of slip road followed by the chevroned area to end up back on the M5.

Thats a regular occurence on the M5 northbound approaching M42 junction-a lot of cagers use lane 3 to overtake slower moving vehicles on the uphill section then find they have to speed up over the so-called 50mph roadworks limit& then have to cut up other vehicles to cross over to lane 1/2 for M42.I see it EVERY time I come along that section.

Good one yesterday coming back from Wales. Mucklow Hill, Halesowen steep uphill 2 lane road 40mph limit with roundabout half way up. Numpty drove the whole hill in outside lane at speed varying from 20-30mph even though NOTHING in lane 1. Approaching 30 mph limit at top of hill he/she speeds up to 35-40! :eek

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: 17 September 2016, 08:18:49 pm »
I'm sick to death of the lack of stock in stores these days!! What happened to the days of going into a shop and actually leaving with a product?? 
If I have to hear one more 'Customer Assistant' tell me they can 'order it in' for me I'm gonna scream.
Do they not understand that I can order the f@#king thing online myself??!! I came to the shop because I wanted it now!

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: 18 September 2016, 08:52:09 am »
I'm sick to death of the lack of stock in stores these days!! What happened to the days of going into a shop and actually leaving with a product?? 
If I have to hear one more 'Customer Assistant' tell me they can 'order it in' for me I'm gonna scream.
Do they not understand that I can order the f@#king thing online myself??!! I came to the shop because I wanted it now!

I notice this all the time. Particularly in clothes shops where they have loads of the sizes at both the really large and small extremes, but nothing for 'Mr Average'.

Solution?. Shop for the same product online, probably from a different supplier (so that's a sale they have lost :rolleyes).....or eat more buns :b

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #829 on: 18 September 2016, 09:57:05 am »
  I notice this all the time. Particularly in clothes shops where they have loads of the sizes at both the really large and small extremes, but nothing for 'Mr Average'.

I find it is the other way round. Plenty to fit Mr Average but nothing for the better padded people. I blame head office. They have a formulae that says they will sell 1x size 40, 2x38, 3x36 etc so only order that in.

The reason they only sell that is because they never order more of the larger sizes you fecwits. If you had more 40" trousers, you would sell more.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: 18 September 2016, 10:06:56 am »

Solution?. Shop for the same product online, probably from a different supplier (so that's a sale they have lost :rolleyes ).....or eat more buns :b

Small or large people would tend to disagree with you, they have an abundance of stock always to hand in XS or XXXXL.  :lol [size=78%] [/size]
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: 18 September 2016, 11:42:34 am »

Solution?. Shop for the same product online, probably from a different supplier (so that's a sale they have lost :rolleyes ).....or eat more buns :b

Small or large people would tend to disagree with you, they have an abundance of stock always to hand in XS or XXXXL.  :lol [size=78%] [/size]

I'd love to find all these shops with larger sizes............especially larger sizes which take account of the whole larger size body 
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: 18 September 2016, 07:01:50 pm »
I remember going to buy some motorbike gear from Aldi. I was 5th in through the door when the shop opened and took a slightly different route through the shop to this other similarly sized bloke. He beat me there by a few seconds and got the only XXL jacket in the shop.
Malc

Old enough to know better.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: 18 September 2016, 07:13:10 pm »
I seem to be in the minority on this one! :lol

I've still got, and can still fit in, my first ever Scott leather jacket I bought in 1989 :D

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: 18 September 2016, 09:02:07 pm »
You can go off some people.
Malc

Old enough to know better.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: 18 September 2016, 09:25:05 pm »
I seem to be in the minority on this one! :lol

I've still got, and can still fit in, my first ever Scott leather jacket I bought in 1989 :D

I have always fitted into jackets that were 3 sizes to big regardless of how long ago I tried them on  :lol :lol :lol

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: 20 September 2016, 04:54:49 pm »
  Radio DJ's that join in at the end of each song. Usually in a falsetto, parody of the real singers voice  :z

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #837 on: 20 September 2016, 05:42:40 pm »
  Radio DJ's that join in at the end of each song. Usually in a falsetto, parody of the real singers voice  :z

Definitely agree.....that used to piss me off sooo much as a kid tryin to record all my fav tunes on the top 40 on a Sunday.....thank god for YouTube
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: 20 September 2016, 05:52:28 pm »
Selfish sods who take up the prime easy to get to bike bays knowing it's going to be left there for weeks even months

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: 20 September 2016, 07:36:11 pm »
TV Programs that spend about 15 mins saying
Coming up
Up next
Later we will be
Find out later
Still to come
But now

Just focing get on with it and stop wasting time, once you take out all the pointless music intros that also accompanies the "up nexts" there is only about 10 mins of actual content to view 

I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

hotmetal

• Weekend Warrior
  • Set Fazer to stun
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: 21 September 2016, 12:36:20 am »
Clients that love the work you've done but then don't pay you for 3 foccin' months and ignore your emails.
« Last Edit: 21 September 2016, 12:37:11 am by hotmetal »
__
There's no replacement for displacement

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: 21 September 2016, 07:28:46 am »
Clients that love the work you've done but then don't pay you for 3 foccin' months and ignore your emails.

At my work we get emails that start with "Right, so we've got this zero budget job coming up, can we have......"
Pisses me right off, especially as we are manic busy anyway.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: 21 September 2016, 07:40:18 am »
Arseholes on bikes who ride like twats cut up other bikers and have the fkn nerve to do it while wearing a think bike tabard  :groan
« Last Edit: 21 September 2016, 07:41:02 am by midden »

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: 21 September 2016, 02:31:10 pm »
two words- sky broadband  :grumble
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: 21 September 2016, 08:32:20 pm »
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: 22 September 2016, 07:47:33 am »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: 22 September 2016, 08:04:03 am »
Being ignored at work by managers because I'm not a female with a big pair of tits. It's been going on for months now but you can't put in a complaint as it's one of those situations where it's bloody obvious but you can't prove it, plus the HR woman is FOCCING useless  :wall
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

hotmetal

• Weekend Warrior
  • Set Fazer to stun
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: 22 September 2016, 04:01:44 pm »
Plus the hr woman is unlikely to side with a hairy arsed biker bloke anyway. She probably has had enough sexism her way that seeing a bloke get a drop of it is probably her idea of fair.
(Arse hirsuteness status irrelevant, but lack of baps might be your problem).
__
There's no replacement for displacement

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: 22 September 2016, 04:31:43 pm »
Pensioners that bought their houses for next to nothing, had jobs for life and retired at 60 on a good pension, but STILL moan  :rolleyes

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: 22 September 2016, 08:42:44 pm »
Plus the hr woman is unlikely to side with a hairy arsed biker bloke anyway. She probably has had enough sexism her way that seeing a bloke get a drop of it is probably her idea of fair.
(Arse hirsuteness status irrelevant, but lack of baps might be your problem).

How did you know I had a hairy arse  :rollin
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭