Date: 28-03-24  Time: 18:05 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 642173 times)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #325 on: 24 October 2015, 07:53:36 am »
How come delevery drivers all drive like twats at 100mph and yet my delivery is always late

:lol :lol :lol
One, is never going to be enough.....

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 24 October 2015, 10:40:28 am »
Murderous c*nts in cars at roundabouts who either don't know, don't care or are simply in such a rush they're prepared to kill someone. Like the dangerous twot who driving the Iceland delivery van who drove  straight over the Hensingham round about almost running over a cyclist. The poor cyclist was around 60 years old and just managed to brake and stay upright as the van missed him by about six inches. How hard can it be to give way to the right? :rolleyes

Could this be due to the opposite way they use roundabouts abroad, as in you give way if you're already on the roundabout?
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 24 October 2015, 01:15:23 pm »
Could this be due to the opposite way they use roundabouts abroad, as in you give way if you're already on the roundabout?

Not sure I've got this. Abroad you give way to everybody who is on or approaching closely the roundabout same as here?

Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 24 October 2015, 03:12:24 pm »

Not sure I've got this. Abroad you give way to everybody who is on or approaching closely the roundabout same as here?

No I think I get what darrsi means and I think I have been behind a few foreign drivers. We are both on the roundabout (them in front ) and going around and then suddenly they stop on the roundabout to let someone on from the left.
Where as we give way to people already on the roundabout from the right.
Americans have a good system in which some states at least allow (as it would be in our case) left turns on a red light and the etiquette when there are a few left turners at the same junction is first come first served rather than give way from the left or right. 
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 24 October 2015, 08:16:15 pm »

No I think I get what darrsi means and I think I have been behind a few foreign drivers. We are both on the roundabout (them in front ) and going around and then suddenly they stop on the roundabout to let someone on from the left.
Where as we give way to people already on the roundabout from the right.
Americans have a good system in which some states at least allow (as it would be in our case) left turns on a red light and the etiquette when there are a few left turners at the same junction is first come first served rather than give way from the left or right.

I see what you mean. I ride a lot here and on the continent and that never has happened to me, but different people drive/ride differently...

I have to say I have the wrong way going clockwise on the roundabout in France once  :) luckily it was no traffic at all  :lol
« Last Edit: 24 October 2015, 08:17:18 pm by Val »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #330 on: 26 October 2015, 01:34:26 pm »
Those people who have to have a fag as soon as they come out of asda

What about the ones who come out of the gym and light up...?!

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 26 October 2015, 03:36:59 pm »
Young kids in engineering firms who don't check their work before handing it over, spent half the afternoon waiting for my parts to be reworked after the youngun not only welded on the captive nuts but also managed to weld the screws to the nuts.................
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 26 October 2015, 03:56:32 pm »
Forgetting which brackets is cool enough to pick up after baking them in the oven for 20 mins...............No fingerprints again....Doh :eek

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 26 October 2015, 08:36:01 pm »
The motorcycle press. Why is it every year we hear the new model is better in every way than the last. Faster, sharper, easier, comfier, more magnetic then after a few years we get gushing articles of how the '05 model "is by far the best - here's why".  You would think one at least would say "it's good but a step backwards because of xyz"
Intentionally left blank

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 26 October 2015, 11:37:19 pm »
Adverts I think there must be 2 agency's knocking them out because every other advert either has a ukulele playing that has to end in a last strum or features a well known song that is sung acapella style, --- oh and all men featured HAVE to have beards. OR advertising agency peeps are all boring un imaginative sheep coping each other.

And another one -- false real people with fake stutters and falters in the script, we all know they are actors.
« Last Edit: 27 October 2015, 08:08:17 am by fazersharp »

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 27 October 2015, 06:30:17 am »
The motorcycle press. Why is it every year we hear the new model is better in every way than the last. Faster, sharper, easier, comfier, more magnetic then after a few years we get gushing articles of how the '05 model "is by far the best - here's why".  You would think one at least would say "it's good but a step backwards because of xyz"

Those shootout articles where they do exactly the same thing. E.g. they take half a dozen bikes, berate the one with the stiffest suspension on the long distance test, then berate the one with the softest suspension on the test track, the most economical one for being slowest, the most powerful for its poor tank range, while the bike that's the best compromise gets slammed for being dull.
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 27 October 2015, 08:13:38 am »

Those shootout articles where they do exactly the same thing. E.g. they take half a dozen bikes, berate the one with the stiffest suspension on the long distance test, then berate the one with the softest suspension on the test track, the most economical one for being slowest, the most powerful for its poor tank range, while the bike that's the best compromise gets slammed for being dull.

:agree I dont think I have ever heard a better synopsis of how the motorcycle jurno's work  :thumbup

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 28 October 2015, 08:26:50 am »
On a plus note, the roads were lovely and quiet today, due to it being half term and I knocked 15 minutes off my journey to work.

BAD...  AHHHHH they are all out today.

1) I had the "I'm going to do just under 40mph regardless of the speedlimit" in front of me for about 7 miles this morning and considering most of that was a 60 zone it was annoying, big queue of traffic behind us, carried on doing just under 40mph in a 30 too.  :wall

2) A silly bitch dazzling other drivers with her fog lights on just because it was raining!  THEY ARE FOG LIGHTS YOU SILLY BITCH, RAIN ISN'T FOG!!!  :grumble

3) An Audi at a point where 2 lanes merge into one, could have pulled into the huge empty gap behind me but accelerated the last 30 yards to the merge point just to get in front and cut me up big time.... wanker!  :2guns

4) In Canterbury at a roundabout, 3 lanes, left is left, middle is straight, right is right and straight.  I'm going straight on and am in middle lane.  With about 10 yards to go to the roundabout a car pulls into left hand lane (fair enough, he's going left) then goes straight on forcing me to make an evasive maneuver as puts his car where mine should be..... arsehole!  :thumbdown

I feel better now, time to do some work!  :D
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 28 October 2015, 08:50:41 am »

Yes :lol .........brillliant :lol .
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

BIG MAC

• Thinks custom titles are stupid!
  • GP Hero
  • New site same sh1te ;-)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 Fazer, FZS600
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 28 October 2015, 08:54:45 am »
Anyone who tries to justify the current Govt's position in Parliament gets my goat but in reality what they do need is therapy
The Frying Scotsman

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 28 October 2015, 08:57:19 am »
Got a "KEEP CLEAR" box at the bottom of the road where I live (on the main road), so I ride down there getting ready to pull out and turn right as the lights towards the left had gone red and........a police car rolls into it and stops in front of me.  >:

I did the sensible thing and just shook my head and went around him, rather than the normal blast of the air horn that everyone else gets.

The police are not in my good books at the moment so this really pissed me off.  :grumble

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 28 October 2015, 09:11:26 am »
Don't get me started with the Police, I'm still waiting for them to come and get my statement about my bike accident 10 weeks after it happened...... Useless w@&kers!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 28 October 2015, 09:24:09 am »
Don't get me started with the Police, I'm still waiting for them to come and get my statement about my bike accident 10 weeks after it happened...... Useless w@&kers!

I've had a case going on for 16 months and they just completely dropped it, through their own fuck ups, delays, and lies.  :rolleyes
« Last Edit: 28 October 2015, 09:33:46 am by darrsi »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 28 October 2015, 09:49:45 am »

3) An Audi at a point where 2 lanes merge into one, could have pulled into the huge empty gap behind me but accelerated the last 30 yards to the merge point just to get in front and cut me up big time.... wanker!  :2guns

Thats a good one! . I get that a lot at a certian piece of road, the thing is that as you say this is where two lanes merge to one so 90% of the time the now single lane traffic he has just come up against is only going 15mph and so I just filter straight past the tosser.
Why the foc do they think that a bike would ever be holding them up in traffic :finger

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 28 October 2015, 06:41:29 pm »
Riding behind car drivers who insist on continuously looking at their passenger, but also who really talk with their hands at the same time.
Pay attention and watch the road you mong.  :rolleyes

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 01 November 2015, 06:12:04 pm »
Paying for something online, they take your money right away but when you return it for credit it takes days to return your money!
What the foc :grumble
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 02 November 2015, 01:18:55 am »
people who drive staright through roundabouts without even looking to the right WTF??

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 02 November 2015, 11:27:08 am »
People who drive with fog lights on in clear conditions, then this morning in thick fog I saw loads of cars with no lights on at all?  :wall

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 02 November 2015, 11:45:01 am »
Ok i just mentioned this elsewhere.....regardless of the science it just really gets my goat in an ocd way

Guys switching their bike off with the kill switch. :evil :evil :evil

Its just a bit like stalling your car purposely every time to switch it off instead of using the key :evil
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 02 November 2015, 01:33:48 pm »
Ok i just mentioned this elsewhere.....regardless of the science it just really gets my goat in an ocd way

Guys switching their bike off with the kill switch. :evil :evil :evil

Its just a bit like stalling your car purposely every time to switch it off instead of using the key :evil

Had a friend who did this (RIP Chris) use to argue that it saved his ignition switch????