Date: 28-03-24  Time: 08:22 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 641465 times)

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #150 on: 07 August 2015, 07:40:15 am »
Horses were on the road first,,lanes roads were made for them,,carts n all

What gets my goat,,,French,,well all who moan about French folk blockeading ports,roads etc and here the bloody  Unions are at it again  and no one blasts them,,,,fooking unions,,committing suicide again,,,messed up London again for two days,,sack the bloody lot.
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 07 August 2015, 08:20:14 am »
Still with horses has anyone else noticed that if you meet someone for the 1st time they will make sure you know they have a horse within 2 mins of talking. Lets say you went for a hair cut and you say its a bit nippy today and they say "oh yes i had to put an extra blanket on my horse"  errrrrhhh !

And another thing when im shopping in sainsburys (cause im posh) there will always be -- and its always girls --- what is it with girls and horses, there will  be someone in their jodhpers and riding boots with shit on them while im buying FOOD, its not even like they have parked their horse outside -- get fecking changed before you go food shopping, its just another "look at me I have got a horse" 
We should eat more horse in this country.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 07 August 2015, 10:40:26 am »
Still with horses has anyone else noticed that if you meet someone for the 1st time they will make sure you know they have a horse within 2 mins of talking. Lets say you went for a hair cut and you say its a bit nippy today and they say "oh yes i had to put an extra blanket on my horse"  errrrrhhh !

And another thing when im shopping in sainsburys (cause im posh) there will always be -- and its always girls --- what is it with girls and horses, there will  be someone in their jodhpers and riding boots with shit on them while im buying FOOD, its not even like they have parked their horse outside -- get fecking changed before you go food shopping, its just another "look at me I have got a horse" 

Same as when you pop into a bookies, all you hear is "Damn those fecking horses."  :grumble
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 07 August 2015, 11:21:38 am »
There are some horse riders in and around my Parish who wear yellow high vis jackets with the word POLITE on the back, makes them look like police, it's just to get you to slow down. Totally intentional- should be done for impersonating the plod!  :bobby that gets my goat!

« Last Edit: 07 August 2015, 11:22:41 am by celticdog »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 07 August 2015, 11:47:00 am »
goons at zebra crossings or any crossing for that matter who stand on the left hand side but then want to go to the right when they reach the other side, cutting across you.....leaves everyone jostling for position......why don't the thick foccers stand on the right side and make a smooth exit....that gets me goat

especially if they have a horse with them ;)
fire never sleeps

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 07 August 2015, 12:01:56 pm »
people moaning about unions

I don't want to strike and lose money but when you're backed into a corner sometimes you have to come out fighting

people forget the unions were started to protect and give the workers better conditions, unfortunately when one strikes it has an impact on others but that seems forgotten in this day and age where everyone are only concerned about themselves and foc anyone who dares to interrupt their daily lives

not forgetting Cam and his cronies......we're all in it together bollox
fire never sleeps

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 07 August 2015, 12:42:28 pm »
Workers in unions using BLACKMAIL on their bosses and not the way they should,what about the other people they are inerfering with. ungrateful c..nts

Red Ceri

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 1260S MTS, Le Mans II, RD250C
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 07 August 2015, 01:40:43 pm »
Workers in unions using BLACKMAIL on their bosses and not the way they should,what about the other people they are interfering with. ungrateful c..nts

Just like tfl are using BLACKMAIL to the workers do this extra unsocial time for fuck all recompense or f*(k off.

If unions are such a bad idea why do big business have one they use to lobby and influence their friends in government and hold them and us to ransom.............. the CBI

that and the general race to the bottom..................that's what gets my goat.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 07 August 2015, 02:08:02 pm »
Workers in unions using BLACKMAIL on their bosses and not the way they should,what about the other people they are interfering with. ungrateful c..nts

Just like tfl are using BLACKMAIL to the workers do this extra unsocial time for fuck all recompense or f*(k off.

If unions are such a bad idea why do big business have one they use to lobby and influence their friends in government and hold them and us to ransom.............. the CBI

that and the general race to the bottom..................that's what gets my goat.

When a medium sized company making millions in profit decides to give a below cost of living pay rise of 1% then unions can come in handy.......as a self employed person youd expect to up your prices as the cost of living rose because you arent a charity and it is no different to other workers......when house prices are already rising stupidly compared to wages then you need someone in your corner to claw back some pennies.........if you were fixing a boiler and someone said ok now landscape my garden and thats included in the price then you'd be pissed off too.

Plus it isnt all aout wages......unions are a support network when the shit hits the fan, injury, unfair dismissal, legal advice  [size=78%]etc etc[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Its a shame when strikes affect the public as enivitably there is a bad light cast but it is lso the managemt that have allowed this to happe but nobody seems to shout about that[/size]
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 07 August 2015, 02:31:28 pm »
There are some horse riders in and around my Parish who wear yellow high vis jackets with the word POLITE on the back, makes them look like police, it's just to get you to slow down. Totally intentional- should be done for impersonating the plod!  :bobby that gets my goat!
it was designed by a horse rider for horse riders and save the blue check is a useful tool for their safety. It's the bikers who blatantly use it for their mobility advantage and further make the intention clear by hivising and putting blue 'driving' lights on their bike.  *cough* tossers
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 07 August 2015, 04:47:58 pm »

When a medium sized company making millions in profit decides to give a below cost of living pay rise of 1% then unions can come in handy.......as a self employed person youd expect to up your prices as the cost of living rose because you arent a charity and it is no different to other workers......when house prices are already rising stupidly compared to wages then you need someone in your corner to claw back some pennies.........if you were fixing a boiler and someone said ok now landscape my garden and thats included in the price then you'd be pissed off too.

Plus it isnt all aout wages......unions are a support network when the shit hits the fan, injury, unfair dismissal, legal advice  [size=78%]etc etc[/size]

[size=78%]Its a shame when strikes affect the public as enivitably there is a bad light cast but it is lso the managemt that have allowed this to happe but nobody seems to shout about that[/size]

Yeah but feeking train drivers strike every month for one reason or another, it has nothing to do with workers rights and them being overpaid lazy pricks.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 07 August 2015, 06:35:38 pm »
inconsiderate cnuts who walk side by side along the pavement towards you , want do you want me to do walk in the fucking road , get in single file .

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 07 August 2015, 07:11:54 pm »
inconsiderate cnuts who walk side by side along the pavement towards you , want do you want me to do walk in the fucking road , get in single file .
Whenever I get this......I simply stop, their choice after that  :lol
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 07 August 2015, 07:12:16 pm »
My main point is WHY DO THE UNIONS USE THEIR POSITION TO FOOK UP OTHER PEOPLES LIVES, ????/  they have the problem,,dont fuck everyone else up,,,sort it yourself.

Do they think they will get support from the general public?   balls no.

I was working at a house the other day and the owner and his wife had the wifes parents come to this country for a week,,they had booked into a hotel in Heathrow and were due to hop on the tube into London,,,their first time as well as their guests,, it was the tube strike clash,,,they tried to cancel the holiday,,no good,,when they went it was a nightmare,,waited for two hours to get a bus into the city,,packed to the hilt,,even worse trying to get back,,they never even tried the second day,,,

So why do the unions do this to us,other folks,,,fuck our lives up,,,no support from a lot of fellow people.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 07 August 2015, 09:02:50 pm »

So you seriously don't like looking at girls in tight jodphurs and boots? (Or is there something wrong with me???????)

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 07 August 2015, 09:35:20 pm »

So you seriously don't like looking at girls in tight jodphurs and boots? (Or is there something wrong with me???????)

Yes there is something wrong with you if you like girls covered in horse shit :)

7omly

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 07 August 2015, 10:16:18 pm »
I think your missing the point here slimwilly. Strike is always the last option. I've been a Shop Steward for 36 years and been on strike once. That was to get the company I work for to honour an agreement they'd consistently welched on for over five years. As for no one supporting strikers, that's exactly what the torys want as they are currently engaged in moves to seriously curtail unions powers, no just on striking but also on representation and safety issues. Any public body will have virtually no chance of withdrawing their labour.  Cue nurses paid even less with no redress, mass exodus of nurses, the end of the NHS. Just what the tories want. Unity is the only way forward, with it comes occasional distress and discomfort but without it the plight of the underpaid, zero hours contract workers and similar will get worse. I gave financial support at the last fireman's strike which wasn't about money but pensions. Few people condemn the firemen for striking because it's a dangerous and necessary service.  Why condemn others for defending their rights with a last ditch effort against their employers. People only see the media's side. Banks are making staff redundant whilst the clown Osborne sells off bank shares to his mates in the city at well below the going rate costing the tax payer millions. How many public sector workers could have had their first decent pay rise in four years with that money?
Never underestimate the ingenuity of an idiot!

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 07 August 2015, 10:26:23 pm »
You misguided fool !!!

Its got nothing to do with the Tories,,the trade unions fucked the Labour governments over and over too..

You union people have your unions,,you are welcome to them,,pay them well, they will advise you correctly I am sure,,, but get the fuck out of other peoples lives,,,,why fuck every one elses life up.?

Its blackmail,,,trying to MAKE an employer give greedy workers what the unions say they need,,,and sometimes deserve..

It gets my goat when strikes mess everyone up.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 07 August 2015, 10:58:17 pm »
Slim you drama queen :b

they aren't foccing peoples lives.....merely inconveniencing them......people being late etc...it isn't safety critical....they aren't dying.......it's trains at the end of the day...and a stinking underground....anyway im biased im a hillbilly we don't get such modern luxuries thank foc.....anyway.....lets say for example there was a new law passed that plumbers could only be paid a max of £8.00 an hour....what would they do.....down tools and work in McD instead i reckon.......then everyone would be shouting "down with the plumbers" "how dare they ruin our lives" "my exit pipe is full of shiiiiiiiiite"  :lol......sure there would be more plumbers to fill the gaps on £8 and hour....but would they be any good?....luckily plumbers control their own wages but for those that don't there is the reliance on the employer to do the moral thing and that involves trust....sadly trust is very much lacking these days....the old days of the unions are long gone...i don't think many would dispute that at times in the past the unions took things too far but it is a very different time now and flogging the past to death is worthless because nowadays it is more about fighting for cost of living rises alone.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 07 August 2015, 11:37:59 pm »
We have just had a ballot where I work for industrial action as the multinational that employs us has decided that we we will get a 0% ( !!! )pay rise this year despite making more profit last year than ever before and our order books are that full we are taking on contractors and sub contracting work to other companies.
It has taken us 4 months to get this far, 86% of the workforce have voted for industrial action in the ballot and now a postal ballot has to be arranged to keep it all legal and above board, strikes are not something that can be done at the drop of a hat anymore, too many employers know this and use it to their advantage, they refuse to negotiate at all and then blame the workers when they use their last resort which is strike action.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 08 August 2015, 12:52:28 am »
Fucking tenants , I still own a property in the UK (bolt hole). He has been living in the property for just over 3 years now. The property is a two bedroom two bath flat modern built in 2000. It is on the beach front in Hoylake, Wirral , 5 minutes from last years Open Golf championship venue. So shall we say it is in a nice desirable area.
He contacted me last week asking for a rent reduction as the Central heating boiler is now 10 years old and (1) is not energy efficient and (2) the energy rating on the white goods are also not as as energy efficient  as modern appliances( I pointed out that when he signed his tenancy agreement I had gifted him the goods). He is requesting I fit a new boiler, replace the 4 year old washing machine and the 6 year old fridge freezer
He has not had a rent review in the whole time he has lived there. I was content with the, reasoning better a steady income and a reliable tenant so do not get greedy.

I pointed out that Landlord insurance has increased by 17% this year, building maintainence cost(management fees)by 4%.
His reply , not my problem!!! I phoned him this morning and asked if he was having financial problems regarding paying his rent( he has never missed his rent)
I could hear someone in the background goading him on!! Obviously I asked him was someone there. Yes turns out he has a new lady in his life!!!!!!!
Just doing some research on investment/ valuation on two bed two bath properties within a 2 mile radius of Hoylake. Yer maun is fucked, I am entitled to put up his rent by 6%, do not need to replace the boiler unless advised by the service engineer on the annual gas&electricity safety report.
Gets better had a valuation on the property (£275,000) so just informed my tenant I am giving him 6 months notice to vacate the property as I intend to return to the UK in January, health reasons (my arse)
Next village down  from Hoylake for that kind of money I can buy to rent 3 two bed flats returning me 120% more in rent than I am getting now. I am not a greedy person  but fucking tenants!!!!!!!!!!!!

MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 08 August 2015, 01:39:03 am »
Bloody hell Lew, your middle name is not Rachman by any chance :lol

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #172 on: 08 August 2015, 01:56:56 am »
That is bordering on the offense of impersonating a police officer. No wait it isnt bordering on - it is impersonating.

No, it's not

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 08 August 2015, 07:23:54 am »
That is bordering on the offense of impersonating a police officer. No wait it isnt bordering on - it is impersonating.

No, it's not

I rest my case.  :thumbup
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 08 August 2015, 10:10:50 am »
The intent is there clearly

Just noticed your post was also a link

"A spokesman said: ‘It does not look like a police uniform." ---- Fazersharp says "yes it fecking does"

"The makers admit there is little difference between the chequered strip on the bib and blue-and-white crosshatching used by police."----- EXACTLY

Ok so I see how it may be of benefit but I also see an issue when a load of twats in an astra pull up next to you and take umbridge that they have been fooled into thinking you were a copper 
« Last Edit: 08 August 2015, 10:28:07 am by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.