Date: 28-03-24  Time: 12:40 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 641802 times)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #50 on: 07 July 2015, 08:57:25 pm »
Nothing.......30yrs ago they were the size of real wagon wheels   :grumble
One, is never going to be enough.....

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 07 July 2015, 11:39:10 pm »
People like Robbie who have no time for pensioners shopping, Supermarkets are open until 21.00 hrs some are open 6x 24 hours. :)
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 08 July 2015, 06:39:52 am »
What really annoys me is people, particularly young people whom insist on using the word 'like' all the time as a conversation filler . . . "you know what I mean like", " I was like all . . . " drives me nuts. What's worse is that upwards inflection at the end of every sentence that makes everything seem as if it's a question!?! It's this I'm referring to

It's all just wrong, and plain annoying
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Nightfury

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 08 July 2015, 09:28:37 am »
Kim Kardashian
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 08 July 2015, 11:49:35 am »
What really annoys me is people, particularly young people whom insist on using the word 'like' all the time as a conversation filler . . . "you know what I mean like", " I was like all . . . " drives me nuts. What's worse is that upwards inflection at the end of every sentence that makes everything seem as if it's a question!?! It's this I'm referring to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqNhEzrWQpY

At work in the film industry, the word that bugs the hell out of me is "amazing".

Was sitting upstairs minding my own business having lunch and there were a production team sitting next to me.

"How are your Cheese & Chive crisps?"
"Oh they're amazing!"
"Really? The same as my watercress and celery seeded baguette, it's amazing too."
"What about your beetroot and plum smoothie?"
"Oh it's truly amaz......"

"OH FUCK OFF!"  :wall
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 08 July 2015, 11:58:17 am »

At work in the film industry, the word that bugs the hell out of me is "amazing".

Was sitting upstairs minding my own business having lunch and there were a production team sitting next to me.

"Oh they're amazing!"
"Really? The same as my watercress and celery seeded baguette, it's amazing too."

That's just awesome!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 08 July 2015, 12:32:30 pm »

"Oh they're amazing!"

That's just awesome!

Haha, yeah that as well.  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #57 on: 08 July 2015, 12:53:07 pm »
People like Robbie who have no time for pensioners shopping, Supermarkets are open until 21.00 hrs some are open 6x 24 hours. :)
yeah supermarkets are open 24/7 but when I work away from home only time I get to do a food shop for the family is at a weekend. even on a Friday evening I'll go at 8-830 after I've spent time with my boys at rugby training and yes they are in Asda trying to decide which aisle to clog up and then they bump into Eric from across the road & have a natter in the narrowest part of the shop... they got cafe's for nattering in!!
 :lol
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 08 July 2015, 08:16:43 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqNhEzrWQpY

You fool, you forgot "you know" as well. Used in every interview now, you know. No i don't fucking know thats why you are the expert getting interviewed. Ok just breathe.

Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

alan09

• Brainless Foccer
    Foccin' Grumpy
  • Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 08 July 2015, 08:57:45 pm »
Some cnut walking around London with an IS flag draped over his shoulder and a kid sat on his shoulders waving a small IS flag just over a week after 30 British people were murdered on a beach in Tunisia by IS. The police said they can't do anything about it because he hasn't done wrong FFS.   

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 08 July 2015, 10:00:26 pm »
Some cnut walking around London with an IS flag draped over his shoulder and a kid sat on his shoulders waving a small IS flag just over a week after 30 British people were murdered on a beach in Tunisia by IS. The police said they can't do anything about it because he hasn't done wrong FFS.

+1 to that. :grumble

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 08 July 2015, 10:05:43 pm »

+1 to that. :grumble
I think you'll find there'll be +quite a lot to that one  :\  definitely me included

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 08 July 2015, 11:10:04 pm »
yeah supermarkets are open 24/7 but when I work away from home only time I get to do a food shop for the family is at a weekend. even on a Friday evening I'll go at 8-830 after I've spent time with my boys at rugby training and yes they are in Asda trying to decide which aisle to clog up and then they bump into Eric from across the road & have a natter in the narrowest part of the shop... they got cafe's for nattering in!!
So all us old folk should stay in so you can go shopping disrespectful I know but feck off :lol

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 09 July 2015, 07:29:30 am »
So all us old folk should stay in so you can go shopping disrespectful I know but feck off :lol

Apparently a lottery win, or ordering online can sort these issues out.
Replacing a loaf of bread with a loofah, 'cos it was close in the alphabet, can cause the odd argument but hey,nobody's perfect.  :lol

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 09 July 2015, 08:05:20 am »

And why the kid on his shoulders - so us decent people won't smack the shit out of him for doing it 'cos he has a kid with him. The spineless, wank stain, piss taking tw@  :grumble . On his own he'd be dog food.

Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 09 July 2015, 09:46:08 am »

And why the kid on his shoulders - so us decent people won't smack the shit out of him for doing it 'cos he has a kid with him. The spineless, wank stain, piss taking tw@  :grumble . On his own he'd be dog food.

Probably just a growth on his shoulder that came to life, they're generally a bit 'special'.

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 09 July 2015, 02:59:26 pm »
So all us old folk should stay in so you can go shopping....

Yep, that's the jist of it!  :rollin

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 09 July 2015, 08:57:33 pm »
People that use the newspaper stands in supermarkets as a reading lectern :book, rather than picking the paper up and moving back a bit to flick through it >:

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 09 July 2015, 09:12:29 pm »
Surface Dressing - I am surprised, somewhat that this is the first "whinge" about Surface dressing.
It is the season and it strikes - randomly - and according to the signs can take a whole week to do 500yds!

And for those "lucky" enough - try following the "Convoy Vehicle" through on a freshly laid section. They go at less than the DVLA request of new riders doing their tests! On a moving surface.
There is generally little warning.............
And getting the tar spots off - don't get me started.....
And I agree - keep old people out of supermarkets - I mean why are they queuing at Morrisons in Cheltenham, to get in at 7AM?  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 09 July 2015, 10:23:57 pm »
People that use the newspaper stands in supermarkets as a reading lectern :book , rather than picking the paper up and moving back a bit to flick through it >:
People who read the newspapers or magazines in supermarkets.......it's not a f@&king library!!!  :rollin
If you want to read it then buy it yer tight bastids!!  :lol

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 09 July 2015, 11:48:34 pm »
Freck use the corner shop you moaning git!!! :lol

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 10 July 2015, 06:24:25 am »
Freck use the corner shop you moaning git!!! :lol

He would, but there was a queue of pensioners in their bathrobes and slippers in there  ;)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 10 July 2015, 07:31:14 am »
No Nick , it is usually some young ones still in there PJ's at 2 pm just out of bed and need a can of RED BULL and 20 Cigs to get them going.

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 22 July 2015, 09:28:48 am »
I was spitting feathers yesterday evening.

Riding home on the M20 I overtake a woman, she's in the inside lane doing her makeup at 60 MPH.  Bottle of foundation in one hand, applying it with a sponge in the other, squinting up at the rear view mirror to make sure she applied it right.  :eek

Couldn't believe what I was seeing, stayed alongside her for a bit and sounded my horn, eventually she looked over, I pointed and shock my head in the hope she might realise what she was doing was so so stupid but no, I got the finger and told to fuck off (at least that's what I lip read).

I rode alongside her for a bit longer hoping she might stop knowing I was there but no!  In the end I didn't fancy being on the end of her inevitable accident and rode off.

Wish I had a camera for moments like this I would love to send that sort of evidence to the police.

I tried to remember her number in my head to report her (bit of a waste of time because the police only do anything if they have two witnesses to the crime) but by the time I'd concentrated on changing lanes to pull onto the A249 I had forgotten it!  DOH!

Do you know what made it worse, no amount of focing makeup was gonna make her look pretty......  :lol
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 22 July 2015, 11:28:45 am »
Insurance AGAIN
For the car this time Admiral multicar me and my daughter she is 22 and now has 2 years NCB yet the insurance has gone up - I am maxed out on my NCB and am 48 so I dont expect any reductions on those two accounts for me anymore but I would of thought at her age and with her adding another year  NCB the insurance should be coming down.

I am sick of it every year having to spend time doing the rounds to find cheaper and then ring my current insurer to tell them for them to say "OH er ok MR Fazersharp lets have a look for you, hold the line I will just speak to my manager------- yes we can match that for you"   
WHY DONT YOU FECKING JUST QUOTE ME THE BEST PRICE STRAIGHT THE WAY, cause im not a twat - im not just going to pay it without question so why insult me with a cheeky cash grab.
Im telling you this scam will be the next PPI   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.