Date: 29-03-24  Time: 11:31 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 643254 times)

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #2400 on: 14 June 2018, 08:20:47 pm »
Yeah I know what your both saying but at the end of it is already made the crossing once so i knew what to expect, it just takes a bit of common sense. I slowed down to 25mph and the wind barely effected me. It was no windier that it had been on the open stretches of the a18 leading up to it.

I understand it's a safety thing and if they had something on the south bank to stop you going over in the first place then that would be fine but to let you cross then tell you that you cant return because its 'too dangerous' is just a piss take

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2401 on: 15 June 2018, 08:30:14 am »
Yeah I know what your both saying but at the end of it is already made the crossing once so i knew what to expect, it just takes a bit of common sense. I slowed down to 25mph and the wind barely effected me. It was no windier that it had been on the open stretches of the a18 leading up to it.

I understand it's a safety thing and if they had something on the south bank to stop you going over in the first place then that would be fine but to let you cross then tell you that you cant return because its 'too dangerous' is just a piss take

Are you saying you ignored the signs on the first crossing? If so, youre a muppet.
It may be that between you crossing the first and the second time the wind gusts had increased and you got lucky with lower gusts when you crossed the second time.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: 18 June 2018, 10:23:29 am »

I would doubt that they've got a system for issuing fines in such a situation where it's still open to some traffic.

Billy Balthorpe

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 2 X 1987 fzr1000's, VN800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: 19 June 2018, 08:10:20 pm »

I'll tell you what gets my goat. You don't log on here for about a week because you're busy, and instantly people crawl out of the woodwork selling stuff you have been looking for, for bloody ages, for cheap money. Bikes, Carbon race cans, someone wanting to swap a loud blue flame can for a standard can, yes yes and yes again.

Bloody typical.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: 19 June 2018, 09:59:54 pm »
Paint - emulsion paint the worst culprit leaves you panicking that the colour is not what you hoped until it drys the right colour - usually darker than when wet.   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: 08 August 2018, 10:56:43 pm »
When you book an MOT 6 days in advance, take the day off work, drop the bike off first thing in the morning, only to return at the end of the day to be told that they were too busy to do it :wall

Wharfe

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: 14 August 2018, 10:39:18 am »
Yeah I know this is well covered but - using phones at the wheel. Yesterday I couldn't believe my eyes - some stupid young girl in the next lane slowed to some lights (which quickly changed) and then sped up, all without lifting her head from the phone she was gawping at. I was close enough  to see it was pictures not text she was looking at. Presumably she is an emergency heart surgeon and was Skyping a colleague in order to save a life, or something equally immediate and important. FFS....
When I gave her a blast of the horn and pointed at the phone she looked proper embarrassed. That should stop HER from using a phone at the wheel. For at least ten minutes...

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: 14 August 2018, 11:49:22 pm »
Yeah I know this is well covered but - using phones at the wheel. Yesterday I couldn't believe my eyes - some stupid young girl in the next lane slowed to some lights (which quickly changed) and then sped up, all without lifting her head from the phone she was gawping at. I was close enough  to see it was pictures not text she was looking at. Presumably she is an emergency heart surgeon and was Skyping a colleague in order to save a life, or something equally immediate and important. FFS....
When I gave her a blast of the horn and pointed at the phone she looked proper embarrassed. That should stop HER from using a phone at the wheel. For at least ten minutes...
I had a similar thing recently, mid 20s guy driving a transit van at about 60mph whilst texting. I came alongside (dual carriageway) and looked across shaking my head.
His girlfriend sees me and nudges him as he’s not seen me and he quickly puts the phone down on the dash looking all embarrassed and sheepish, and starts apologising. I just give him the ‘dickhead’ signal and blast off down the road.  :rolleyes

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: 22 August 2018, 08:29:35 pm »
They're now saying that the woman who fell overboard the cruise ship allegedly may have jumped off following a drunken row with her boyfriend :rolleyes

Because the boat was so delayed getting to Venice at least one family claim that they are thousands of pounds out of pocket due to missed flights and having to rearrange travel arrangements. They say their insurance won't cover all these losses.

If it is indeed the case that she jumped off I sincerely hope that the dopey bird is going to reimburse everyone.

I'd be fuming >:

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: 22 August 2018, 09:08:58 pm »
They're now saying that the woman who fell overboard the cruise ship allegedly may have jumped off following a drunken row with her boyfriend :rolleyes

Because the boat was so delayed getting to Venice at least one family claim that they are thousands of pounds out of pocket due to missed flights and having to rearrange travel arrangements. They say their insurance won't cover all these losses.

If it is indeed the case that she jumped off I sincerely hope that the dopey bird is going to reimburse everyone.

I'd be fuming >:

Probably not as clearcut as that, but i did read that his ex missus said she would jump off if she was stuck on a ship with him as he can be a right horrible bastard.
She may have simply been really fearful of him and at her wits end, but too scared to say anything.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: 22 August 2018, 09:41:39 pm »

I'd be fuming >:

Probably not as clearcut as that, but i did read that his ex missus said she would jump off if she was stuck on a ship with him as he can be a right horrible bastard.
She may have simply been really fearful of him and at her wits end, but too scared to say anything.

She was soon back with him afterwards I notice.

They aren't married and have no kids.

If you're speculation regarding the boyfriend is correct darrsi then she's even more dopey than I first suspected for sticking with him.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: 22 August 2018, 11:54:36 pm »

I'd be fuming >:

If you're speculation regarding the boyfriend is correct darrsi then she's even more dopey than I first suspected for sticking with him.

I hear you, but i've seen it before where women are literally too scared to leave them.
We just can't tell what goes on behind closed doors, it's quite sad really.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: 23 August 2018, 07:37:38 am »

I'd be fuming >:

I hear you, but i've seen it before where women are literally too scared to leave them.
We just can't tell what goes on behind closed doors, it's quite sad really.

I'd be mightily sad if the antics of this pair had ruined my holiday and left me thousands of pounds out of pocket.

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: 23 August 2018, 08:00:31 pm »
I met the exact opposite a couple of years ago when I started a new job driving lorries.
The bloke was quite well built and looked tough. His Mrs was also a lorry driver who worked for the same firm, quite small and thin.
I noticed that every so often he turned up to work with bruises on his face and one day a real good black eye.
Turned out that his Mrs was hitting him. She was also very good at verbal abuse too.
Despite the rest of us telling him to leave (and he agreed that he needed to) he just never took the plunge.

She wasn't anything special. I didn't like her at all. We just couldn't see why he stayed. He's still with her now.
Thankfully I don't work with them now.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: 25 August 2018, 08:56:25 am »
I met the exact opposite a couple of years ago when I started a new job driving lorries.
The bloke was quite well built and looked tough. His Mrs was also a lorry driver who worked for the same firm, quite small and thin.
I noticed that every so often he turned up to work with bruises on his face and one day a real good black eye.
Turned out that his Mrs was hitting him. She was also very good at verbal abuse too.
Despite the rest of us telling him to leave (and he agreed that he needed to) he just never took the plunge.

She wasn't anything special. I didn't like her at all. We just couldn't see why he stayed. He's still with her now.
Thankfully I don't work with them now.

Sounds like they have a fruity love life....each to their own.

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: 27 August 2018, 11:58:15 pm »
When you're about to have a piss in the sink and some dirty bastard hasn't washed the crocks up.
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: 28 August 2018, 08:44:32 am »
people who start to talk and open with...
So......(reminds me of chavs)
Look....(reminds me of power tripping twats who think they're right)

watched a female officer the other month at the trooping of the colour, tv interviewer began by asking why and how she'd won her medal. Her first word was....So

FFS even officers have become chavs
fire never sleeps

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: 28 August 2018, 09:17:16 am »

FFS even officers have become chavs

Some might say it's an improvement  :lol

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: 28 August 2018, 09:24:04 am »

Look, so I must stop starting every sentence with so, see :lol

Sorry couldn't resist it.  Really gets get my goat.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: 28 August 2018, 09:36:10 am »
So......
I have noticed that to. Also there was a stage a while ago where any Americans were interviewed that would either start or end the sentence with "right now"
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2420 on: 28 August 2018, 12:50:42 pm »
So......(reminds me of chavs)
Look....(reminds me of power tripping twats who think they're right)

Well...

;)

Dynspud

• Club Racer
  • Rattle your goddamn head!!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - HD Dyna Wide Glide Evo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: 28 August 2018, 01:05:44 pm »
Uuhhmmmmm........... :rolleyes
Take a deep breath, coz it all starts now, when you pull the foccin' pin

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: 28 August 2018, 05:42:58 pm »

It's worse than starting sentences with 'so' - notice how many (answering questions as well!) start with 'okay, so'...

is it clean enough?

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: 28 August 2018, 06:20:57 pm »
Like , kinda , do you know what I mean.......................NO   :wall :wall
One, is never going to be enough.....

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: 28 August 2018, 08:22:51 pm »
Look, at the end of the day it's gonna be so worth it.