Date: 25-04-24  Time: 07:07 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 660092 times)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #2250 on: 24 February 2018, 09:42:43 pm »
Is the winter Olympics women only this year because every time i turn on the tv there are all women hosts and reporters and I only ever see women's events, its almost like the BBC on a guilt trip.

Every time I've tuned in It's been an England women's speed skater blaring her eyes out because she's crashed again.

The blubbing one is Scottish.

Well I nearly got it right.

As did she lol

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: 25 February 2018, 07:01:31 am »
Is the winter Olympics women only this year because every time i turn on the tv there are all women hosts and reporters and I only ever see women's events, its almost like the BBC on a guilt trip.

Every time I've tuned in It's been an England women's speed skater blaring her eyes out because she's crashed again.
All that funding money - give it me I could slip over on my arse for half the money

That would be more Dancing On Ice  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: 26 February 2018, 08:32:30 am »
Why is it that when small shops short-change you it's always in their favour?.

My local takeaway swindled me again last night.

First they tried to give me a £5 instead of a £10, then I found I was a £1 short in the coins.

A couple of months ago they spent 10 minutes interrogating me as to whether or not I'd paid, even though it was the same person that took my order and money at the start!.

Foc 'em, I'll go to McDonalds next time where they know good customer service.

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: 26 February 2018, 09:57:01 am »
Weather forecasters dramatizing the up and coming weather--complete nonsense

stet

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: 26 February 2018, 10:23:34 am »
Why is it that when small shops short-change you it's always in their favour?.

My local takeaway swindled me again last night.

First they tried to give me a £5 instead of a £10, then I found I was a £1 short in the coins.

A couple of months ago they spent 10 minutes interrogating me as to whether or not I'd paid, even though it was the same person that took my order and money at the start!.

Foc 'em, I'll go to McDonalds next time where they know good customer service.

Yeah, that gets me too.  :(

Unfortunately it is endemic even in big organisations. Sometimes it's a genuine error and other times it is intentional, and as you say, it is odd that the error is always in their favour.

A really blatant case for me was last year at a bike meet. In a well know coffee chain the girl tried to give change for a £10 note rather than a £20 note.

It is best if you can pay with the exact value, but that means carrying around a load of notes and change, or pay by card.

Of course, when you have had a few pints of Butcombe it is not so easy to keep a check on things. :\
« Last Edit: 26 February 2018, 10:29:28 am by stet »

focced_off

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: 26 February 2018, 01:53:23 pm »
Yeah, that gets me too.  :(

Unfortunately it is endemic even in big organisations. Sometimes it's a genuine error and other times it is intentional, and as you say, it is odd that the error is always in their favour.

A really blatant case for me was last year at a bike meet. In a well know coffee chain the girl tried to give change for a £10 note rather than a £20 note.

It is best if you can pay with the exact value, but that means carrying around a load of notes and change, or pay by card.

Of course, when you have had a few pints of Butcombe it is not so easy to keep a check on things. :\

If I'm stood there believing I've been short changed, I intentionally ask for a receipt.

Then I will stand there looking at what's been put through the till with what they've given me in change - gives you that extra few seconds to work it out, without the initial pressure, after getting over that initial shock of being short changed. :)

stet

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: 26 February 2018, 06:57:22 pm »
Now that is a good idea 8)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: 26 February 2018, 07:32:46 pm »
Have you noticed also, when you say 'That was a twenty' they never argue and say 'No it wasn't it was a ten!'.

If they genuinely thought it was a ten to start with surely they'd disagree? :rolleyes

stet

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: 26 February 2018, 07:42:19 pm »
Yeah, that's right.

Some retailers have clip on the till where they put your note until they have given you the change, which I think is a great idea.

stet

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: 26 February 2018, 07:43:09 pm »
Today has been one of those days when everything turned to dust.

One of the incidents was when I tried to mow the lawn. The mower fired up but the whole cord came away in my hand. But I did manage to mow the lawn in one go by keeping my hand on the throttle bar. It was a bit bit difficult around the twiddly bits but I made it.

So I strip the mower only to find that the starter mechanism is held on by four incredibly small hex bolts which none of my allen keys would fit. What an idiotic design I thought.

Anyway, after a day of further disasters I got home and checked YouTube on how to change lawnmower pull cords. It turns out the allen bolts are just rivets and it is necessary to remove a whole load of cowling, fuel tank, dipstick housing, and throttle cable support to get to the pull start mechanism. What an idiotic design I thought.

The original B&S pull cord lasted years but an aftermarket pull cord put on by a mower service shop only lasted three years and looked more like one of the Mrs pajama pull cords.

So on to Google- just the job B&S pull cord £4 but what is this PP £12.50 P/P (it came from the US)

Similar thing from Amazon but they only wanted around £3 P/P

After further searching, at last a company with the genuine cord for £4 and their T&Cs say free postage for orders under 25kg weight- at last. I hit the buy button and was presented with a bill. Sure enough no postage so I hit the pay button. Then I was asked to log in or register.

Reluctantly, I registered: name, address, mobile phone number, do you want to buy an eastern child bride for £20 deposit, would you like special delivery, would you like to take out insurance on the product... and on and on.

Finally I got back to the buy button. Would you believe it: now the bill had £7 P/P.

So that's what pees me off- companies that don't show P/P up front.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: 26 February 2018, 08:10:59 pm »
Today has been one of those days when everything turned to dust.

One of the incidents was when I tried to mow the lawn. The mower fired up but the whole cord came away in my hand. But I did manage to mow the lawn in one go by keeping my hand on the throttle bar. It was a bit bit difficult around the twiddly bits but I made it.

So I strip the mower only to find that the starter mechanism is held on by four incredibly small hex bolts which none of my allen keys would fit. What an idiotic design I thought.

Anyway, after a day of further disasters I got home and checked YouTube on how to change lawnmower pull cords. It turns out the allen bolts are just rivets and it is necessary to remove a whole load of cowling, fuel tank, dipstick housing, and throttle cable support to get to the pull start mechanism. What an idiotic design I thought.

The original B&S pull cord lasted years but an aftermarket pull cord put on by a mower service shop only lasted three years and looked more like one of the Mrs pajama pull cords.

So on to Google- just the job B&S pull cord £4 but what is this PP £12.50 P/P (it came from the US)

Similar thing from Amazon but they only wanted around £3 P/P

After further searching, at last a company with the genuine cord for £4 and their T&Cs say free postage for orders under 25kg weight- at last. I hit the buy button and was presented with a bill. Sure enough no postage so I hit the pay button. Then I was asked to log in or register.

Reluctantly, I registered: name, address, mobile phone number, do you want to buy an eastern child bride for £20 deposit, would you like special delivery, would you like to take out insurance on the product... and on and on.

Finally I got back to the buy button. Would you believe it: now the bill had £7 P/P.

So that's what pees me off- companies that don't show P/P up front.
Let me be the first to say WTF are you doing mowing the lawn in February  :eek
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

stet

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: 26 February 2018, 09:09:46 pm »
The grass has been growing because of all the wet mild weather in the SW this winter. Besides, before that, the last mowing was October 2017.  :o
« Last Edit: 26 February 2018, 09:17:04 pm by stet »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: 26 February 2018, 09:44:02 pm »

If the weather is mild it does no harm if you just take a bit off, but it sure ain't mild today!. My lawn is frozen.

Sports grounds keep topping all through winter if conditions alow.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: 27 February 2018, 06:58:59 pm »

Indeed, what the fuck?  You just trmming the snow and ice? :eek :eek :eek

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: 27 February 2018, 10:00:01 pm »
Weather forecasters dramatizing the up and coming weather--complete nonsense
Here you go a brilliant one from the BBC tonight -picture.
Also where do all the global warmers go, because when its cold and snowing you never see them, same gos for polarbears of footage of icebergs melting

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: 28 February 2018, 08:56:55 am »
Yeah, bloody scientists… who needs facts when you’ve got opinions?  :rolleyes

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: 01 March 2018, 06:45:47 pm »
When little scrote bag wastes of oxygen decide to break into my car and steal stuff!!
They took the spare sat nav (I understand that) about 56p worth of change 😒 and a box of fucking chewing gum!! What the fuck wrong with people.
Stupidly (luckily) is left the car unlocked overnight so I didn't have to suffer a broken window.
Still sucks though 😥

Nemesis

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: 01 March 2018, 06:54:21 pm »
When little scrote bag wastes of oxygen decide to break into my car and steal stuff!!
They took the spare sat nav (I understand that) about 56p worth of change 😒 and a box of fucking chewing gum!! What the fuck wrong with people.
Stupidly (luckily) is left the car unlocked overnight so I didn't have to suffer a broken window.
Still sucks though 😥

Weve got that sort round by us, local opportunist, neighbour had left keys in such a crappy old car not worth scrap value yet still gets stolen. Thats why i like my cctv

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: 02 March 2018, 04:43:09 pm »
Only just realised the absolutely prices have taken my little boys present that was in the boot too!!

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: 04 March 2018, 11:58:20 am »
Passengers who leave all their luggage sat on the seat beside them on packed trains to try to stop anyone using it.

Passengers who put their feet up on the train seat opposite.

Passengers who spill food and drink everywhere in the carriage.

Passengers with bicycles.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: 04 March 2018, 02:31:15 pm »
People

People

People

People

There ya go I've corrected that for ya 👍

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: 04 March 2018, 04:21:21 pm »
People

People

People

People

There ya go I've corrected that for ya 👍

Ah nice one. Cheers :)

Although I had forgot to add the fare dodgers pointlessly arguing for hours with the inspectors and the passenger hollering into a mobile at full volume...

People

People

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: 04 March 2018, 07:06:35 pm »
Over indulgent utube log intros that go on too long
And then the reviewer holds the camera with one hand waving it around whilst trying to "unbox" the gadget also with one hand 

Wharfe

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: 05 March 2018, 07:05:21 pm »
Foccin' insurance companies. Very VERY slow to pursue what they claim are "no fault" cases (like - if it ain't my fault, then get on it and sort the case out for me?). And seemingly, wilfully stupid too.
Confusing to the point of screaming frustration, as in... ACME insurance* claims dept - "we believe this is clearly NOT YOUR FAULT"; renewals dept of same company -"sorry sir we won't cover you because of your outstanding claim situation." Eh?
And then, I go to a different broker who gets me cover WITH THE SAME FIRM THAT DECLINED ME HALF AN HOUR AGO. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Course I now have to contact ACME insurance to get my proof of NCB to send to the broker who will send it on to.... ACME insurance. For Foc's sake...
Lots of people are making lots and lots and lots of money out of this bollox. Tch...

*no names, no pack drill... ;)

Wharfe

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: 05 March 2018, 07:39:46 pm »
Oh and another thing.. How come with two clear "not my fault" accidents (one on bike one in car) still being argued about -as the other parties' insurer, the  same very large commercial vehicle / fleet insurer in both cases, is stonewalling all the way -  my two bike policy goes up by about £60 for the year, (boooo!) refundable once both are settled in my favour, (yaaay!) but my car insurance a month later goes up 510 foccin quid (WTF???) From £290 to £800!!!! they better had refund me the £510 once it all gets settled..... meanwhile as obviously I need a car for eleventeen different things and have to renew they have me by the cohones. Insurance companies.... shower of b&st&rds.