Date: 28-03-24  Time: 08:53 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 641509 times)

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #1975 on: 14 January 2018, 07:45:48 pm »
Donald Trump is not, never was and would not come to the UK to debate.  He was coming to open the new US embassy in London.  Donald Trump has snubbed the UK.  So much for our special relationship :lol

I don't give a foc whether Trump turns up here or not. It's not really a snub as he may be expecting lots of protesters etc and doesn't want to face it and we don't really need him here as we've got more important things to get sorted. The special relationship (if it really exists) will outlive one president of the USA. Talking of outliving... How long before someone shoots him?

Nemesis

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: 14 January 2018, 07:49:39 pm »
The amount of folk ive heard say that aswell hugh you cant make it up, ones things for sure its best political entertainment ive ever seen all this twitter pish aswell he does :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: 14 January 2018, 08:06:42 pm »

Well I believe in free speech and long may it continue, whatever ones political colours may be.
Here, here YamFazFan.  But beware of people like Jo Johnson who want to tell us what we can and cannot say.

Hugh, the opening of a new US embassy in the UK, and President is not coming?  Ms May held hands with that pussy grabbing racist misogynistic bigoted ignorant bastard, and now it looks as if he’s not going to even set foot in this country, state visit or no state visit.   Our Prime Minister may be licking Donald’s shoes and letting him grab her, umm, hand, but Donald clearly ain’t interested in her or the UK. Oh yes it's a fucking snub, an almightly big fucking snub.

It's not really a snub as he may be expecting lots of protesters etc and doesn't want to face it.

It’s a bit of a disappointment to be honest, I like many people were looking forward to it, but we’ve won without even trying.  A bit boring.  But you are right, as a narcissist he doesn’t like criticism or the thought of mass protests of his visit to the UK being beamed around the globe.  Best just staying in  bed with a big mac.
How long before someone shoots him?
And will it be a member of The Republican Party?

« Last Edit: 14 January 2018, 08:07:29 pm by VNA »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: 14 January 2018, 08:22:08 pm »
Can you stop beating about the bush and tell us what you actually think about Trump?! :lol

I know you probably didn't intend it too be, but that assessment was actually funny as foc :lol :lol :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: 14 January 2018, 09:19:08 pm »
  Meanwhile those great defenders of ‘free speech’ UKIP seem to be in a bit of a quandary relating to the’ free speech’ tweets by the 25 year old girlfriend of their 54 year old leader Henry Bolton.
Gotta love twitter.
Could be time for yet another UKIP leadership election.

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: 14 January 2018, 10:06:18 pm »
Oh yes it's a fucking snub, an almighty big fucking snub.

It's only a snub if you give a foc about it. I'm sure that after some choice tweets by Trump that Mrs May isn't too bothered either.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: 14 January 2018, 10:18:09 pm »
  Meanwhile those great defenders of ‘free speech’ UKIP seem to be in a bit of a quandary relating to the’ free speech’ tweets by the 25 year old girlfriend of their 54 year old leader Henry Bolton.
Gotta love twitter.

I bet that relationship will last 😄 lol

Not seen those tweets, but surely UKIP is irrelevant now?

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: 14 January 2018, 10:28:03 pm »
Image may contain: 1 person

I hope this quote is true and not some made up crap with Churchill's name tacked on.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: 14 January 2018, 11:03:27 pm »
I am strongly in favour of using poisoned gas against uncivilised tribes - Winston Churchill

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #1984 on: 14 January 2018, 11:59:14 pm »
I read an article in the paper the other day which said they are going to stop the university's from closing down debate by 'no-platforming' speakers that hold views the majority of students don't agree with.

And who is saying that? Oh, yes, it's the rich, privileged, white, right-wing elite who don't like the idea of people holding them responsible for what they say!

Note all the fuss at the moment about Virgin Trains stopping selling the Daily Mail and them claiming it's an "assault on Freedom of Speech" and "censorship".

When Liverpool newsagents stopped selling The S*n because of the lies it printed after Hillsborough, was that an "assault on Freedom of Speech" or just a desire not to have anything to do with a gutter rag that spreads lies and foments hatred and division?

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #1985 on: 15 January 2018, 12:05:20 am »
I see some of the university's  'debating society's' even tried to stop Germaine Greer from speaking.

Yes, after she used her "feminist" platform to attack the (women only) Murray Edwards College, Cambridge for allowing transsexual women to join.

She has also claimed in the past that Transgender women "are not women" saying “Just because you lop off your d**k and then wear a dress doesn’t make you a f***ing woman”.

Her atttitude belongs in the past and should be left there.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: 15 January 2018, 12:21:03 am »
I am strongly in favour of using poisoned gas against uncivilised tribes - Winston Churchill

Bit hard on the French :rolleyes :eek

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: 15 January 2018, 06:45:07 am »
 You've won me over Grahamm ;)

Censor the lot of 'em :lol

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: 15 January 2018, 08:04:22 am »
Gotta love twitter.

I bet that relationship will last 😄 lol

Just heard on radio they have split up.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: 15 January 2018, 09:51:43 am »
I read an article in the paper the other day which said they are going to stop the university's from closing down debate by 'no-platforming' speakers that hold views the majority of students don't agree with.

And who is saying that? Oh, yes, it's the rich, privileged, white, right-wing elite who don't like the idea of people holding them responsible for what they say!

I can't imagine Labour would make much of a fuss about 'no-platforming' as most students appear to be really left wing......until they get to middle age with a house and money at which point they convert to the Tories 😄 lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: 15 January 2018, 06:20:02 pm »
Not seen those tweets, but surely UKIP is irrelevant now?Not seen those tweets, but surely UKIP is irrelevant now?

Apparently, they were texts to a friend.  Though you don’t have to do much digging to find a whole host of small minded nasty racist tweets by Ms Marney.

Nigel Farage has stated there is “no chance” of him returning to UKIP.  So yeah UKIP is pretty much finished.  But UK is still left with their nasty hangover - BREXIT.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: 15 January 2018, 07:44:45 pm »
Not seen those tweets, but surely UKIP is irrelevant now?Not seen those tweets, but surely UKIP is irrelevant now?

Apparently, they were texts to a friend.  Though you don’t have to do much digging to find a whole host of small minded nasty racist tweets by Ms Marney.

Nigel Farage has stated there is “no chance” of him returning to UKIP.  So yeah UKIP is pretty much finished.  But UK is still left with their nasty hangover - BREXIT.

Yeah I read those messages in today's paper.

She sounds like an idiot to me.

It's odd how people will say things in messages that they probably wouldn't dream of saying person to person isn't it.

Mind you, I doubt he'll do better than that for totty from now on in  :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: 15 January 2018, 07:54:46 pm »
It's odd how people will say things in messages that they probably wouldn't dream of saying person to person isn't it.

Like much o the pish spouted (anonymously) on this forum.

Twitter seems to exist as much as anything as a vechicle for people to make a complete arse of themselves.

As for Henry Bolton - what a dick - he's still yet to figure out that his political career has already ended.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: 15 January 2018, 08:23:17 pm »
The only nasty hangover left by Nigel Farage and UCIP is the remoaners, but unlike a hangover a couple of asprin won't make the whinging bar stewards go away.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: 15 January 2018, 08:49:01 pm »
Like much o the pish spouted (anonymously) on this forum.

:thumbup :woot if I'm not included in that statement.

:finger :foc if I am.

:lol :lol :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: 15 January 2018, 09:30:23 pm »
The only nasty hangover left by Nigel Farage and UCIP is the remoaners, but unlike a hangover a couple of asprin won't make the whinging bar stewards go away.

BREXIT is the first trade deal where the two parties want to move further apart.  It's idiotic.

And fuck knows where it's going.  May tells us there will be no border in Ireland, but then states we are leaving the single market and customs union.  I've yet to hear how that is achievable.

Meanwhile instead of £350 million a week for the NHS, it’s a bill of somewhere between 40 and 60 billion quid to be paid to Brussels.

Of course it’s understandable why a disaffected population in England and Wales (cos the UK has not voted for it, only England and Wales) given a ball to kick have kicked it.  The problem is it’s the wrong ball – what they have actually voted for is to be poorer – and that’s what they will get.

Except of course – the referendum is not legally binding – nor is article 50 – and the final deal needs the approval of parliament – which means it’s probably not going to happen at the end of the day.

Is that nasty enougth for you Steve.  :lol
« Last Edit: 15 January 2018, 09:30:57 pm by VNA »

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: 16 January 2018, 06:19:22 am »
No been insulted by experts :lol

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: 16 January 2018, 06:17:29 pm »
You cannot have freedom without discipline

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: 16 January 2018, 06:24:53 pm »
Except of course – the referendum is not legally binding – nor is article 50 – and the final deal needs the approval of parliament – which means it’s probably not going to happen at the end of the day.

I am waiting for this to become a reality.

I'm not sure whether the politicians are making a mess of the negotiations or it will be a good deal... I guess we won't know anything until long after the event and then we can all whinge about it  :lol

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: 16 January 2018, 07:01:50 pm »
You cannot have freedom without discipline

.....hollered the Dominatrix to her latest client :lol