Date: 28-03-24  Time: 10:27 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 641619 times)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #1925 on: 27 December 2017, 09:37:49 am »
Madness! ordering your drinks on-line, next it will be ordering your Pizza on-line or maybe your weekly shop. :lol

We are becoming a generation of lazy bastids can't even walk to the bar and carry your own drink to the table. FFS what is it coming to?

You see more and more gyms opening, more and more expensive memberships being taken out, people buying expensive watches that monitor how many steps you have done, your heart, how many calories you have burnt.
120 quid trainers get bought along with the fashionable tee shirts and shorts, not forgetting the white sports socks and their owners never jog or run, or see the inside of the gym.

I know folk who have spent an absolute fortune on training equipment for the conservatories, running machines, rowing machines, weights and there they sit after the first 3 weeks gathering dust and getting in the way by just taking up floor space. 

We are turning into a generation of sedentary people, kids no longer go out and play, but, are generally in isolation sat in front of a monitor in the corner of the lounge or worse still their bedroom, not only does this isolate them from others it also contributes to becoming an overweight unhealthy generation, games controller in one hand, crisps in another, large bottle of coke in another, pizza that they ordered on-line in an other  :eek  foc me this computer game has turned our kids into freaks with four hands.  :lol

I can understand buying/ordering drinks on-line and having them delivered to their table, I mean damn it you don't want to have to stand up and walk all the way over to the bar and get your drink and still have the chore of carrying it all the way back to your table, although it would not be quite so bad if you had remembered those 120 quid trainer that are sat out in the conservatory with the £3,000 worth of training equipment.

A game of 'Witcher 3' or Counter-Strike Global Offensive is not as healthy as a game of football or going out on your push bikes with 3 or 4 mates.

I am not saying that there is anything wrong with computer games they have certainly advanced home entertainment, but I can think of a couple of mates who's children (Young teenagers) have no social graces or skills what-so-ever they just grunt a greeting back to you without averting their eyes from the screen, you sit down chatting with your mate and then forget they are even in the same room sat playing Global Offensive with noise a cancelling headset on.
I dropped around to one mates place a couple of weeks before Christmas to chat about a bike related problem he was having, we sat in his kitchen mulling over a Haynes manual and drinking tea and coffee, we then spent about 3 hours in his shed chatting and checking stuff out on his bike, Gillian, Stevo's wife brought us out tea and bickkys (No we did not order them on-line) altogether I was at Stevo's for about 4 to 5 hours when I left his boy was still on the computer grunting at people.

Get a fucking life, get some fresh air, get out with friends, talk to someone, go for a ride on your bicycle, do the washing up for your Mum, go to the shops for her, tidy your bedroom you lazy, ignorant, antisocial, unhealthy, fat fucker  :eek   

Do you get the idea I am not really into computer games?
Sure computer games are fun, but not for 7 or 8 hours non stop, come on FFS, they cause frustration and angst, I will get past that river crossing without being blow..... Fuck it   :eek :'( :rolleyes       

That's my end of year rant done with.
« Last Edit: 27 December 2017, 09:43:55 am by tommyardin »

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: 27 December 2017, 10:36:53 am »
some pics for you Tommy!
« Last Edit: 27 December 2017, 10:37:58 am by celticdog »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: 27 December 2017, 11:29:44 am »
some pics for you Tommy!

So so true.  :thumbup

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: 27 December 2017, 11:31:37 am »
That's my end of year rant done with.[/size][/font]

Thank foc for that.

You very nearly rolled on into 2018 there.

I'm running late now!😄 lol

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: 27 December 2017, 02:12:33 pm »
AMAZON....bought a few things from amazon over thd last month , I gave them my email as easiest form of contact , since them ive been bombarded with amazon emails so I scrolled down to the bottom of the last message an unsubscribed....

what do amazon do  ?.............yep , send me an email to say I have unsubscribed     :wall
One, is never going to be enough.....

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: 27 December 2017, 02:36:44 pm »
AMAZON....bought a few things from amazon over thd last month , I gave them my email as easiest form of contact , since them ive been bombarded with amazon emails so I scrolled down to the bottom of the last message an unsubscribed....

what do amazon do  ?.............yep , send me an email to say I have unsubscribed     :wall

The good thing about unsubscribing   :rolleyes  is that it confirms to the perpetrator of the email that the receiving email account is accessed and not just an account used for rubbish. they now know for certain that the address is alive. :'(

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: 27 December 2017, 05:05:34 pm »

The good thing about unsubscribing   :rolleyes  is that it confirms to the perpetrator of the email that the receiving email account is accessed and not just an account used for rubbish. they now know for certain that the address is alive. :'(

And send you more from companies whose products  might be " of interest to you". :wall

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: 27 December 2017, 08:12:03 pm »
Most companies do respect the unsubscribe button - those that don't just get added to my list of spammers and I never see anything from them again. It's quite a long list...

Flooky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: 28 December 2017, 09:47:01 am »
I hate it all too, bloody tech crap, no one does real stuff anymore, and the e mail thing drives me mad, subscribe to this subscribe to that, and they ask you to fill in a survey before you have even received the goods/service !! I think it will go tits up soon, I think more and more people have had enough.

pete786.u

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: 28 December 2017, 04:44:34 pm »
I went into Halfrauds a few weeks ago, got to the checkout and before i`d finished paying  they asked me for my email address. "what do you want that for? Oh I know, so you can flood my inbox with rubbish that is of no iterest to me whatsoever" The guy on the checkout got quite shirty with me because I refused to give it. :finger :foc
« Last Edit: 28 December 2017, 04:52:18 pm by pete786.u »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: 28 December 2017, 05:59:16 pm »
I went into Halfrauds a few weeks ago, got to the checkout and before i`d finished paying  they asked me for my email address. "what do you want that for? Oh I know, so you can flood my inbox with rubbish that is of no iterest to me whatsoever" The guy on the checkout got quite shirty with me because I refused to give it. :finger :foc
The trick they use is "!would you like us to email you the receipt"

I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #1936 on: 28 December 2017, 08:49:14 pm »
Most companies do respect the unsubscribe button - those that don't just get added to my list of spammers and I never see anything from them again. It's quite a long list...

I own my own domain name, so any time I sign up for something it's companyname@mydomain which means that if I ever start getting spam, I know a) who has been naughty with my details and b) I can then filter it straight to Junk! :D

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: 28 December 2017, 08:56:03 pm »
The guy on the checkout got quite shirty with me because I refused to give it. :finger :foc

I usually reply with something like... I can't be arsed.
They get the message and I don't give a foc if they get shirty about it.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: 11 January 2018, 08:16:18 am »
Companies and they're unnecessary crap plastic packaging! I finally got round to buying my new indicators yesterday. They are very nice and only about 9cm long yet Oxford in all their wisdom decided the best way to sell them is to vac pac them between 2 (more of less a4 sized) sheets of plastic!? What would have been the problem with a small cardboard box with them both side by side?

This is why it pisses me off with all this plastic in the ocean bollocks and all the shit we get for using too much plastic, it's not us it's the fucking greedy corporations who are far more interested in making their products look pretty and saleable on the cheap than helping look after the planet.
All this crap they give us about plastic bags.... why can't they go back to paper ones? (Cost too much profit money) same with plastic bottles why can't we go back to having glass ones? ( too much profit money). Too much emphasis on profit and sales then they have the cheek to tax us all to try and rectify it

Also with my purchase I read the returns terms from the company I bought them that state's that if I'm not happy with them they can only be returned if the packing is in damaged, so your bolloxed from the word go as theres no way to get into the bludy things without damaging the packaging 😥😥

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: 11 January 2018, 08:27:29 am »
Could of been in a smaller package but it's designed to look pretty on the shelf.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #1940 on: 11 January 2018, 08:54:36 am »
What would have been the problem with a small cardboard box with them both side by side?

they aren't as obvious on the shelf then and you may buy a competitors product instead
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #1941 on: 11 January 2018, 10:19:19 am »
send the packaging back to them, let them get rid of it!! (what is the return postage address? freepost?)

after Christmas Mrs Robbie took the plastic packaging we had accumulated back to the shops we had bought the stuff from (mainly Sainsbury's & Tesco). they accepted it and now they have to sort it out.
ps it was washed & cleaned out so they couldn't complain about it!
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: 11 January 2018, 10:33:01 am »
send the packaging back to them, let them get rid of it!! (what is the return postage address? freepost?)

after Christmas Mrs Robbie took the plastic packaging we had accumulated back to the shops we had bought the stuff from (mainly Sainsbury's & Tesco). they accepted it and now they have to sort it out.

What a great idea 👍😂 it's even more annoying given that out local council has recently switched to fortnightly collections so not only are we paying extra for all this shitty packaging it's now also filling our house/garden up 😡

And I know it's all packaged to be pretty but maybe instead of moaning at us lot the government would be better to force these companies to sell their products in basic plainer packaging (like cigarettes) then as consumers we would buy a product based on its merit rather than how shiney its box is 🤔

Besides I (like many people) buy most of my stuff online from a website with professional photos etc so the fanciness of the packaging is already rendered moot.

« Last Edit: 11 January 2018, 10:39:32 am by Dudeofrude »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: 11 January 2018, 11:35:37 am »

So you used 40 litres of water 10 2m of gas to heat the water opened your front door and let the heat out  then petrol to drive to Sainsburys, - opened sainsburys door let their heat out in and then out.
It would of done less harm to just throw it in the sea  :pokefun
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: 11 January 2018, 12:00:20 pm »
 :lol :lol

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #1945 on: 11 January 2018, 12:52:03 pm »
good point Fazersharp and we passed the sea front enroute to Sainsbury's
will mention that to Mrs Robbie later.. . may not be online tomorrow as I'll be recovering in hospital!
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

Trebus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: 11 January 2018, 06:45:39 pm »
A favourite of mine, albeit a slightly different subject, is to return all junk mail if they provide a freepost envelope. I scrawl ‘no thanks’ on it, and stuff it all (including the original envelope). Seems to prevent them sending me shite again! 😀

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: 11 January 2018, 08:42:30 pm »
Typically, the govt sees the solution to a national problem as justification for introducing another tax. Having decreed that deisel engine manufacture and presence on our roads must end, it is not beyond the wit of govt to decree that a similar fate should befall on plastic packaging, rather than use it as a tax raising excuse. I would rather see an expansion of local authority wardens with powers to administer minimum fines of £1,000 for litter droppers. How did we get to a stage where young folk cant walk 200 yards without having to stuff their faces with fast food/takeaways/coffee and chuck whats not edible on the floor. Round here, they come out the school and into the local shop just round the corner, buy a million platisc drinks bottles, swig it, then stuff the bottles into the front garden hedges

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #1948 on: 12 January 2018, 11:36:20 pm »
Talking of rubbish, some foccer decided this evening, that, rather that stick their gum in the bin that was about 10 feet away, they'd stick it in the middle of my bike's saddle!

Fortunately, because it's plastic, it didn't adhere, but what is it with the mentality of some people...???

:2guns

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: 13 January 2018, 09:39:18 am »
Talking of rubbish, some foccer decided this evening, that, rather that stick their gum in the bin that was about 10 feet away, they'd stick it in the middle of my bike's saddle!

Fortunately, because it's plastic, it didn't adhere, but what is it with the mentality of some people...???

:2guns

It provides them with self-satisfied validation. It translates as.....'I'll show them that I'm here and important'.

It's the same mentality that performs the vandalism usually termed 'Graffiti'.