Date: 29-03-24  Time: 11:06 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 643226 times)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #1900 on: 25 December 2017, 09:24:49 am »
If they banned them for the dangers they would also have to ban alcohol and they ain't gonna do that.

I agree, there's never going to be an alcohol ban.

But they've already outlawed smoking in the pubs that serve the booze.

I'd love to see the look on the treasury's faces if everyone suddenly packed in smoking overnight :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: 25 December 2017, 09:27:19 am »
Like others in here some people who Vape (I am assuming that a vape is the same thing as E cigarette) send out huge clouds of Smoke/Vapour that does look absolutely ridiculous, sit behind a car at a set of lights or a railway crossing and it looks like some sort of incendiary device has gone off in the car in front, clouds of smoke billowing out of the window, now on a freezing cold day or when its pissing down with rain and the driver has their window shut that has got to be a danger, with the car being full of that stuff vision had to be impaired get two people vaping in a car and it must be like driving in thick fog.

I stopped smoking (No moral high ground being taken here) 26 years ago (Last September) when my wife and I found out we were going to be parents, Oh! wife was never a smoker, just me.
It was not easy and I knew it would be a struggle, as I had tried many times before, occasionally with moderate success, about 6 months and other times with no success at all, but each time I quit I went back to it.
Pigs when they eat to much vomit it up but then go back and eat it again that is what I was like as a smoker, I knew it was bad for me and tried to quit but then went back and started again.
Anyone who says it is easy to quit is a fool and deluded and obviously have never been a smoker, so really has no voice.
I am really glad I stopped, it was the prospect of being a dad that enabled me to quit, I struggled for a couple of months with withdrawal symptoms, felt constantly tired, irritable, almost paranoid if i thought about never having another fag.

As I said that was all 25 years ago, I am probably one of the biggest hypocrites in the world now, I hate smoking with a passion, the smell of it, the look of someone smoking is ridiculous to me with smoke pouring out of their mouths  :'( I will never start again and I can say that with confidence because I struggled so much to quit and would never want to go through that again, plus I have no desire to have breath that smell like a dirty toilet pan or stained finger and teeth, sorry you smokers out there but that is the way it is, as a smoker you do not notice the smell because it is with you all the time it becomes the norm, but, it someone goes out of a restaurant or pub to have a ciggy then come back into the building they smell of it and when they talk to you the stench of their breath knocks your head back.
Sorry smokers it that sounds harsh but that is the way non smokers view and smell you, it is not easy giving up in fact it is almost impossible, it is an addiction and as such you are not the master of it, because it has already mastered you.

That was Tommy's Christmas Message,

Happy Christmas Foccers.     
« Last Edit: 25 December 2017, 01:07:01 pm by tommyardin »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: 25 December 2017, 10:44:19 am »
When you watch old film footage it's amazing how many people smoked. It seems like almost everyone had a fag on the go.

You often see the bike and car racers from the past having an already lit fag passed to them immediately after crossing the winning line and pulling up. It was almost part of the culture back then wasn't it.

It just annoys me that all the things they tax most heavily such as cigarettes, petrol and alcohol, supposedly to put people off buying them so much, are all the things that they know people are going to carry on buying.

These taxes hit the poorest in society much harder. If you're life is crap it's understandable that you're going to want something that might alleviate it a bit, but they get disproportionately hammered for it.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: 25 December 2017, 02:19:15 pm »
Entitled fucking women or women who just think their entitled.
Standing in a busy bar where it can take 10 mins or more to get served. A middle aged women comes and stands next to me in an attempt to get served.
The bar staff ask me what I want and I do the gentlemanly thing and point to the lady and say serve the lady first........
Nothing, not even a  fucking acknowledgement or thank you.
Fuck you lady, I will remember your face and never treat you like a lady again. Cunt.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: 25 December 2017, 02:27:39 pm »
Yep! Your not wrong YamFazFan,

The Government try to claim the higher ground by  saying that smoking is bad for your health, and to be honest not many people would argue, except the few who say I have been smoking for 30 years and it's never done me any harm or my Granddad smoked 30 Capstan Full Strength a day and he lived to 97 years old, but these people are the exception not the rule, there are thousands upon thousands that die prematurely each year from smoking related illnesses.

The Government infer that they are taxing this tobacco and related products to try to discourage people from harming themselves and costing the N.H.S millions a year on treatment for related illness.

The truth is (Well my version of it and I am a bit cynical here) tax/income on tobacco products far out weights the total cost of the whole of the N.H.S each year, and to be honest government are happy if 15% percent of our population die prematurely as the Pension System in this country is being pushed to the limit with us old farts living longer.
So tax the smokers heavily so that a not insignificant percentage of them struggle financially to buy 20 Fags at about £6-50 a pack, keep them taxed up to the limit and worried and the only outlet or relief that they feel they have is their smokes, and around we go again.

I retired a few years ago now and one guy I worked with smoked about 30 a day as did his wife, Kenny told me that they smoked an extra pack each each at the weekends making it 40 a day each for 2 days at the week ends, at that time fag were £5.50 a pack of 20. that equates to £126.50 a week that is at least £506 a month.  for a 28 day month plus another £33.00 for a 31 day month.
We are actually talking the cost of a moderate mortgage here, or £6,360 quid a year, or the price of a brand new car every two years.
Also bearing in mind those costs quoted per pack of fags is now 3 years out of date  :eek

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: 25 December 2017, 02:28:45 pm »
Standing in a busy bar where it can take 10 mins or more to get served. A middle aged women comes and stands next to me in an attempt to get served.
The bar staff ask me what I want and I do the gentlemanly thing and point to the lady and say serve the lady first........
Fuck you lady, I will remember your face and never treat you like a lady again. Cunt.

Having a bad day Dazzer :lol 

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: 25 December 2017, 02:36:05 pm »
Yep! Your not wrong YamFazFan,

The Government try to claim the higher ground by  saying that smoking is bad for your health, and to be honest not many people would argue, except the few who say I have been smoking for 30 years and it's never done me any harm or my Granddad smoked 30 Capstan Full Strength a day and he lived to 97 years old, but these people are the exception not the rule, there are thousands upon thousands that die prematurely each year from smoking related illnesses.

The Government infer that they are taxing this tobacco and related products to try to discourage people from harming themselves and costing the N.H.S millions a year on treatment for related illness.

The truth is (Well my version of it and I am a bit cynical here) tax/income on tobacco products far out weights the total cost of the whole of the N.H.S each year, and to be honest government are happy if 15% percent of our population die prematurely as the Pension System in this country is being pushed to the limit with us old farts living longer.
So tax the smokers heavily so that a not insignificant percentage of them struggle financially to buy 20 Fags at about £6-50 a pack, keep them taxed up to the limit and worried and the only outlet or relief that they feel they have is their smokes, and around we go again.

I retired a few years ago now and one guy I worked with smoked about 30 a day as did his wife, Kenny told me that they smoked an extra pack each each at the weekends making it 40 a day each for 2 days at the week ends, at that time fag were £5.50 a pack of 20. that equates to £126.50 a week that is at least £506 a month.  for a 28 day month plus another £33.00 for a 31 day month.
We are actually talking the cost of a moderate mortgage here, or £6,360 quid a year, or the price of a brand new car every two years.
Also bearing in mind those costs quoted per pack of fags is now 3 years out of date  :eek

20 fags average around £10 a pack now.

Can't disagree with a word of that though.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: 25 December 2017, 02:37:56 pm »

I'm having a great day Tommy, this was the other night, just sat here and thought about it.
Better lay off the wine......Now, where's that home made sloe gin  :lol
« Last Edit: 25 December 2017, 03:11:49 pm by dazza »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: 25 December 2017, 02:47:16 pm »

You'll be lucky to get a thank you nowadays dazza :lol. Some people really struggle with please and thank you. It's almost like they feel they're losing face somehow :rolleyes

I foccin hate the randomness of queuing/getting served in busy bars. I think they should have a ticketed system.

Good looking women always get served first, followed by all the rest of the women, then the tallest men and then those blokes who do that hanging half over the bar manoeuvre.

On a similar theme my local chose to rotor the worst barman in Britain to work last night.

This is the only barman I've ever come across who still ignores you when your holding a tenner out in front of him :rolleyes

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: 25 December 2017, 02:51:08 pm »
It's comforting to see that the moaning doesn't even let up for Christmas Day :lol

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: 25 December 2017, 03:08:55 pm »
Well, you've got to keep the moaning up.
Actually, a young female bar woman saw what happened and immediatey came over and served me with an acknowledging smile which took the sting out of it.
As for the sour old hag, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest her gusset while she sleeps tonight. :lol
« Last Edit: 25 December 2017, 03:11:17 pm by dazza »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: 25 December 2017, 03:26:24 pm »
As for the sour old hag, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest her gusset while she sleeps tonight. :lol

That's the best curse I've heard all year! :lol

Let us know if it works ( ;)), then maybe I could use that one next time if it's a runner :D

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: 25 December 2017, 06:00:38 pm »

I'm having a great day Tommy, this was the other night, just sat here and thought about it.
Better lay off the wine......Now, where's that home made sloe gin  :lol

Ahhh! Where indeed
« Last Edit: 25 December 2017, 06:02:46 pm by tommyardin »

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: 25 December 2017, 06:48:37 pm »
Nice one Tommy. Took the sloes out of mine two days ago and spent a couple of hours yesterday putting it through some filter paper. It tastes divine.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: 25 December 2017, 10:14:26 pm »
Nice one Tommy. Took the sloes out of mine two days ago and spent a couple of hours yesterday putting it through some filter paper. It tastes divine.

I know I should run it through a fine paper element filter but I don't have time I am too busy drinking the stuff.

It is absolutely amazing how a pound or two of sloes and a few ounces of sugar completely change the flavour or gin, I love Gin & Tonic, but not neat Gin, with the sloes it changes the flavour completely and you you ask yourself who would want anything else in it.

Gin is from Juniper Berries so I would imagine it would be classed as a vine fruit, so it is no wonder it blends with sloes so well.
I have it on very good authority that it also works with Blackberries raspberries and strawberries.

Look out next year half a dozen bottles of cheap gin and world is my playground. 

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: 26 December 2017, 02:51:35 am »
Fair play, that's it, just drink it.
Actually took the best part of twenty-four hours to filter it having to regularly change the paper.
Went through a muslin too as Well as some fiinings and pectolase.
You're right, it's amazing how the taste is transformed. Might have to experiment with the blackberries next year.

« Last Edit: 26 December 2017, 03:01:43 am by dazza »

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: 26 December 2017, 07:54:02 am »
You can also transform Vodka by using Sloe's and other berries.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: 26 December 2017, 10:25:59 am »

You can also transform Vodka by using Sloe's and other berries.
Cheers Mr Mungus, three bottles of vodka added to next years doctored alcohol menu.
I knock up mine in 2 litre Kilmer Jars.
One and a half 1Ltr bottles of Gin into each Kilner Jar along with enough sloes to fill the jar then add [/size]a 1/4 lb of sugar in each jar.
[/size]Some say you should prick the sloes several times but what we do is freeze them for about 3 days so they are as hard as pebbles and when they rapidly thaw out when they go in the gin/ vodka :thumbup  the skins split, saves a lot of pricking.
The flavour of slow gin is amazing.
The other thing someone told me is that you should not wash the sloes before useing them.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: 26 December 2017, 03:50:36 pm »
"Gin is from Juniper Berries so I would imagine it would be classed as a vine fruit, so it is no wonder it blends with sloes so well"

From Wikipedia.......

Distilled gin
Distilled gin is produced exclusively by redistilling ethanol of agricultural origin with an initial strength of 96% ABV (the azeotrope of water and ethanol) in stills traditionally used for gin, in the presence of juniper berries and of other natural botanicals, provided that the juniper taste is predominant. Gin obtained simply by adding essences or flavourings to ethanol of agricultural origin is not distilled gin.So, I suppose if you drink enough, you then must believe your bike takes on superpowers (and super acceleration qualities) as well  :lol :lol

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: 26 December 2017, 08:50:50 pm »
Russell Brand.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: 26 December 2017, 11:42:28 pm »
Russell Brand.

Wrote a book recently called 'My bookywook'
Not quite sue what YamFazFan is drinking but I don't want any.
Halfords Antifreeze I would not mind betting. :lol

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: 27 December 2017, 06:33:38 am »
Russell Brand.
Wrote a book recently called 'My bookywook'

I bet that's a riveting read :lol

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: 27 December 2017, 06:46:14 am »

You'll be lucky to get a thank you nowadays dazza :lol . Some people really struggle with please and thank you. It's almost like they feel they're losing face somehow :rolleyes

I foccin hate the randomness of queuing/getting served in busy bars. I think they should have a ticketed system.

Good looking women always get served first, followed by all the rest of the women, then the tallest men and then those blokes who do that hanging half over the bar manoeuvre.

On a similar theme my local chose to rotor the worst barman in Britain to work last night.

This is the only barman I've ever come across who still ignores you when your holding a tenner out in front of him :rolleyes

The lazy fuckers down my local now order their drinks online, even if they're sitting right next to the bar because for some odd reason the online orders are s'posed to get priority and they also then avoid having to queue at the bar as well.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: 27 December 2017, 08:01:41 am »
I'd never heard of ordering drinks like that
That's cheating!.

To be honest it's getting so quiet down my local pubs now that you really don't often struggle to get served.

Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: 27 December 2017, 08:04:55 am »
I'd never heard of ordering drinks like that
That's cheating!.
I'd never heard of it either until last Saturday. I was in a local Weatherspoons and the Barmaids were walking around with trays of drinks. I asked a mate of mine what they were doing and he told me that you could order your drinks online and have them brought to you.
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.