Date: 19-04-24  Time: 12:12 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 651245 times)

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #1425 on: 20 May 2017, 06:20:54 pm »
Maybe bananas don't like going to work. Try buying a banana at work, then see what it's like when you get home :lol .

Fucking brilliant 😂😂

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: 21 May 2017, 01:12:53 am »
Haha :)
Intentionally left blank

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: 26 May 2017, 08:00:49 am »
Drivers who get the hump (or are just blind/crap drivers) when a bike filters to the front of a queue at a roundabout and then they don't give way at all and muscle you all the way round the roundabout, not giving you an inch.  >:   Still it's sunny and and that always makes us bikers smile, especially as when it comes to home time I'm sure he will be stuck in more city traffic and I'll filter through again  :D
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: 26 May 2017, 11:56:29 am »
Quire right Harry.
Yeah up yours all you shit car drivers, I will be home long before you and out in the glorious sunshine to, Oh! hang on I'm a car driver too  :'(
Summers coming, as is the traffic jams, 40 or 50 cars waiting at the traffic lights, they changed 3 times and I'm still here.
I wonder what gets my goat. 

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: 26 May 2017, 05:48:42 pm »
Drivers who get the hump (or are just blind/crap drivers) when a bike filters to the front of a queue at a roundabout and then they don't give way at all and muscle you all the way round the roundabout, not giving you an inch.  >:   Still it's sunny and and that always makes us bikers smile, especially as when it comes to home time I'm sure he will be stuck in more city traffic and I'll filter through again  :D

That's what your right wrist is for 😉 if yiu can't pull away quicker than a car then your doing wrong haha
Personally I always wait behind the first car when filtering up to a roundabout just because it's less stress haha

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: 26 May 2017, 07:24:03 pm »

That's what your right wrist is for 😉 if yiu can't pull away quicker than a car then your doing wrong haha
Personally I always wait behind the first car when filtering up to a roundabout just because it's less stress haha

Thats what i tend to do, they are concentrating on the round about and not me, and cagers have little brains.

Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: 26 May 2017, 07:46:22 pm »
Yep , me too unless theres lots of room........harrys only a young'un , thinks his right hand only has one job to do   :rolleyes
One, is never going to be enough.....

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: 26 May 2017, 10:25:55 pm »
ACTUALLY Mr Red.... I always filter for up to the back of the first car for the same reasons you stated, in my eyes the front driver is more interested in pulling away and less in me so  :nana   :b  love you really.

But this morning was rush hour, busy 2 lane roundabout and the dick in the white van who it turned out when I got to the front had almost parked in the car in fronts boot so that didn't leave me a gap to pull in.  I had a car to my right too who also wanted to make a quick get away and cars on the roundabout that had just passed from the right.  It was pretty congested and because I have no idea which way any of the cagers are going to go (remember it's rush hour and they don't care about lane dicipline or signals) I don't like to sprint off too quick only to have a car turn across me, but turns out chap in white van wasn't going to let me filter in and it was a Fazer sandwich down the middle of a tightish roundabout.  Those seconds he saved squeezing me out must have been very precious to him.

Billy Balthorpe

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 2 X 1987 fzr1000's, VN800
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: 27 May 2017, 12:40:21 pm »

I always filter all the way to the front if I can, and then make sure I'm away and clear of the cars around me as soon as the lights go green.

AS I always say, the best place for cars is behind me, once I'm there at least they should be able to see me because they are facing that way.

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #1434 on: 15 June 2017, 11:47:25 am »
tell you what really grips my shit especially in hot weather are muppets riding round (mainly on mopeds) with shorts & t-shirts etc
ok I know it's down to personal choice & I subscribe to the all the gear all the time rule but around the pompy area just now must have only seen 2 out of 10 riders in what I class as correct gear  >:
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

mrMoog

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: 15 June 2017, 01:20:57 pm »
Yep I had one of those this morning whilst on my way into work. Young un on L plates on a honda cb125. 1st he comes flying down the bus lane which is legal only for buses and cycles in my town, I know other towns allow motorbikes in these lanes. Then  he tries to squeeze in between the car in front of myself and the one in front of that due to traffic lights up ahead on red but they don't let him in so slams brakes on and filters in next to me as I could see what was going to happen so had moved over for him to do so. Looked at me, no thanks no nod nothing. I looked him up and down, gear he had on was lid (well done) adidas tracky top (quite nice actually) combat shorts and to top it off was a pair of pumps with trainer socks. Few hundred meters down the road he continued on his reckless journey overtaking in the bus lane at madness speeds. I don't get it to be honest, I mean why is anyone in such a hurry to get to work that they'd happily risk becoming part of the road surface?

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: 15 June 2017, 01:30:58 pm »
I'm always mixed on this issue. On yhe one hand I believe you should be allowed to wear (or not wear) whatever you like, helmet included, but I do get where your coming from. It doesn't bother me as much on a moped as that's just a given with that kind of bike but when you see some idiot on a gsxr/fireblade/zxr in a pair of shorts then does make me wonder what's going through  their heads. With the wide range of kit avaliable these days there's just not excuse. I personally wear a Mesh jacket and gloves with kevlar jeans and vented boots when it's warm and it's perfectly comfortable.
Another option I'm thinking of trying is motocross armour over a tshirt. Not complete protection but as good as you can get while keeping cool

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #1437 on: 15 June 2017, 03:45:55 pm »
Over 30mph full kit every time. Tarmac does a very good impression of a grinding wheel or sandpaper when you slide along it.
Under 30mph (mopeds only really) I don't care. You can do, and I used to, practically the same speed on a pushbike which you may not even wear a helmet for let alone gloves or long trousers.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: 15 June 2017, 03:58:52 pm »
I subscribe to ATGATT when on my Fazer but it does make me giggle to myself and think as well when I'm out on my road bike with skinny tyres pumped up to 120psi, wearing lycra top and shorts flying down a  hill at 40mph.  I reckon I have more chance coming off the road bike at that speed than I do on the Fazer, but I think all the gear on the road bike would slow me down too much LOL

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: 15 June 2017, 08:08:27 pm »
Like others in here I was riding motorcycle before the helmet law came out and I was absolutely fuming that some 'Home Office' arsehole said 'From now on you will wear a bucket on your head whilst riding a motorcycle' (Unless your a Sikh).

That was back then, thinking about it now as a reasonably responsible adult (Mmmm I should have put a reasonabley just before the word adult in there) of course it was a good law, it has saved many, many lives and many 100's of thousands of pounds to the NHS and numerous families lots of grief and heartache.

I hanker back to my good old days when I was 16 to 40 so I still wear my old Punk/Brando style leather jacket with my old 59 Club badges on it and jeans, I often wear a white or blue silk scarf under the lapels of my jacket (Aviator scarf)

I have a LS2 Convert Helmet that open right up at the front and folds over the back of the helmet to make a open face helmet (Bright Yellow), my jeans a Kevlar jeans, sports boots and leather gloves
A fluorescent Frank Thomas waistcoat, sure when it get hot I wear a breathable Cordura jacket with the lining removed but still wear the waistcoat..
Like others in hear I live only a hard stones throw from Pompey and I have seen guys on 1000cc machines and bigger filtering much to fast on the road from Southsea up to the A3 wearing less than I would wear on the beach, thinking to myself if they loss the bike and throw it up the road or some one changes lane while they are filtering at 40 plus miles an hours there is going to be an awful lot of road rash in Pompey and QA hospital. :'( :'( :'(

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: 16 June 2017, 05:22:59 am »
I saw the new CHiPs film last night, and the amount of times one of them crashed his bike wearing just a short sleeved shirt i'm amazed he had any skin left on his arms if it'd been real. But then in reality in the States that is their legit biker cop uniform.

So who's right or wrong?

Of course in the perfect world if we take a slide then it's wonderful if we have protection that will literally save our skin, but on the negative side could you imagine wearing full gear all day long in a consistently hot country with reliable weather, you would waste away and risk passing out from heat exhaustion.

The film was pants by the way, although it did have some nice bikes in it, and the credits at the end showed up the names of the most stunt men and women i've ever seen in a film, there must've been a couple of hundred of them at least!
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: 16 June 2017, 07:50:50 am »
When I was at Squires cafe on Wednesday evening spotted half a dozen pulling in just  wearing  t-shirts, jeans and trainers.
I was envious in a way as I had full leathers on and even riding up there I was sweating , but I cannot bring myself to wear  anything else, just don't feel comfortable in anything less.
Thats my choice and what they wear is their choice, if all the gear all the time was made compulsary like crash helmets then we would all complain about rights and freedom of choice.

And I also watched that CHIPs movie last night, pants like Darrsi says.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: 16 June 2017, 09:54:27 am »
When I was at Squires cafe on Wednesday evening spotted half a dozen pulling in just  wearing  t-shirts, jeans and trainers.
I was envious in a way as I had full leathers on and even riding up there I was sweating , but I cannot bring myself to wear  anything else, just don't feel comfortable in anything less.
Thats my choice and what they wear is their choice, if all the gear all the time was made compulsary like crash helmets then we would all complain about rights and freedom of choice.

And I also watched that CHIPs movie last night, pants like Darrsi says.

I wasn't expecting much from the film anyway to be honest, but prefer to watch then comment.
I don't think the main two characters gelled too well, and the humour was kind of lame.
It was watchable, but not something you'd recommend to go and see, but it'll do as a Xmas tv film to pass the time.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #1443 on: 16 June 2017, 12:07:05 pm »
tell you what really grips my shit especially in hot weather are muppets riding round (mainly on mopeds) with shorts & t-shirts etc
ok I know it's down to personal choice & I subscribe to the all the gear all the time rule but around the pompy area just now must have only seen 2 out of 10 riders in what I class as correct gear  >:

One of them might have been me :)
« Last Edit: 16 June 2017, 12:07:57 pm by Grahamm »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: 17 June 2017, 12:01:49 am »
Here's my summer jacket and I have just got a new to the UK back protector here https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/296040
I also thought about buying a motocross armer outfit and just wearing something textile over the top but it hardly ever gets that hot enough here and the motocross stuff isnt made for sliding down the road 

I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: 17 June 2017, 01:24:43 am »
I am puzzled, Sharpie states that he is a racing snake at about 10 stones I believe he said, yet I note that his new bike jacket (looking rather feminine I feel the need to say) is  a 46 inch chest according to the label that is on show. Well a think a 10 stone man with a 46 inch chest is a little odd to say the least, unless of course he is only 18 inches tall. Come on Sharpie I think an explanation is in order and not leaving out the colour choice out of the explanation. :lol  You big tart X

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: 17 June 2017, 09:11:53 am »
The 46 is continental sizing as Spidi are an Italian make, so 46 would be around a 38 inch chest.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: 17 June 2017, 10:19:01 am »
The 46 is continental sizing as Spidi are an Italian make, so 46 would be around a 38 inch chest.
Correct robbo. nearer 36 and is a perfect fit, here is a fuller pic with the snake in it. A little thinner than I am because of the wide angle on the phone camera.
I went for lots of white for better visibility as in the winter I wear another jacket but also with a high vis top but dont want extra layers in the summer, the jacket lets in lots of air but I have yet to test the back protector but it is 40% open so hopflly should be cooler than a solid one. 
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: 17 June 2017, 11:14:29 am »
Lookin' sharp fazersharp.Wish I was that slim, it would give me another 25bhp :lol .You'll certainly be cool whilst looking cool.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: 17 June 2017, 12:22:05 pm »

I can see where you're going with this..... :smokin