Date: 25-04-24  Time: 00:32 am

Author Topic: Speed camera van.  (Read 1323 times)

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
Speed camera van.
« on: 28 June 2015, 05:09:47 pm »

This might interest people, not sure about the rights and wrongs of it.

https://www.facebook.com/beefybatman/videos/10206726285786818/

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Speed camera van.
« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2015, 08:42:57 pm »
I admire her bravery starting a conversation with "I read it on the internet". So In the interests of balance I read this on the internet (justanswer.com/uklaw)

"There is no obligation upon the authorities to highlight the presence of a speed detection device at all.   All that is a complete myth I'm afraid.  They are perfectly free to hide them behind overgrown trees and catch motorists by stealth in law.
The ACPO guidelines do say they should be highlighted and is it from there that the confusion comes.  I know there are some sites on the internet that encourage people to believe they will have a defence if there was no warning but its all a myth and it can be quite an expensive one I'm afraid if you run the argument at court and lose.  The ACPO guidelines are just guidelines rather than law and Constabularies do ignore them when it suits them."
Malc

Old enough to know better.

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2015, 10:44:23 pm »
these arn't speed cameras they are safety camers, honest, the police have a web site that tells where and when (week) they are opperating, thats all they need to do?             http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/safetycamera
You can look at the data, the time at each site was 30mins to 1 hour 48 mins the number caught, 0 to 15 and the outcome, i.e. 3 points & £100 fine, speed awareness course or straight to court. at least this was the ones I looked at, I thought they spent longer at each site and would have caught more? although £1500 in under 2 hours aint too bad?
« Last Edit: 28 June 2015, 11:07:19 pm by chaz »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2015, 11:14:59 pm »
Quite often in the cage i will go past them in a usual spot and then come back in the opposite direction not 10 mins later and they have gone, yes I have no idea how long they have been there before I went by the first time but never on a 10 min turn around have i seen them there on my return journey
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

hotmetal

• Weekend Warrior
  • Set Fazer to stun
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 June 2015, 11:21:39 pm »
It's all for our own good, honest. Must be true, cos our local vicar told me that after getting nicked for 34 in a 30 lol!
__
There's no replacement for displacement