Date: 19-04-24  Time: 21:58 pm

Author Topic: LOFO's july 5 ride out  (Read 22523 times)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: LOFO's july 5 ride out
« Reply #50 on: 04 July 2015, 09:06:20 am »
Good for me Ceri,  an hour to eat breakfast and get to Box Hill. !
Is that doable. ?   I eat slow but ride fast,  just thinking about the others.  :D

Brand new rear tyre, no chance I'll be riding fast for the first bit of the journey, I best eat fast!

10/10 for effort H........mines in bits this morning, riding home yesterday the chains making a hell of a racket.got an R6 shock to fit so thought I would do two in one and take the swing arm out and remove the chain, got one stiff link, cant believe just the one stiffy can make so much noise.so de-greased, soaked in WD and  good brushing with mrs reds toothbrush....its ok, shes gone to work  ;)......cleaned up well and have just about managed to work the link free...left it to soak in some engine oil while I try and remember what I did with the shock    :o

scorching hot here in south bucks after a stormy night...looks cooler tomorrow with a very small chance of a light shower late afternoon.........
One, is never going to be enough.....

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 04 July 2015, 09:42:39 am »
not 100% but will try and make nells for 8

stevie-g1968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 04 July 2015, 10:30:19 am »
RAZGRUFF...iam in high wycombe,if your close your more than welcome to tag on... 
BRI...shame you cant make it,its been a while and right on your doorstep...

I'm coming down from Southam, so I'm thinking Bicester Thame A40 to Wycombe or M40 depending on time.
So will see you in Wycombe  :thumbup

Give me a target and I'll see if I can hit it  8)

hi mate, do you know the esso petrol station at baynards green just off junction 10 of the M40. I can meet you there about 7.20 in the morning. ?. As I said , its circus time and the A43 will be very busy. We can then bob on to Beaconsfield and meet red98 ( paul) if he finds his shock... you have to forgive him.... he's getting on a bit  :rolleyes :rollin
FOCing down under.......dodging vacant Skippy's.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 04 July 2015, 11:44:07 am »
Cheeky foccin weekend warrior... :lol......shocks now on the bike, I  knew where it was all along, just pulling you leg  :rolleyes

kit crazy, be good to see you again and get a chance to see this tracer thingy you got   ;)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 04 July 2015, 12:16:45 pm »
shocks now on the bike,

You'll be pleased with the result  :)

Right, I think I might now do the whole trip  :eek Assuming I can get out of my pit early enough  :rolleyes

So what time you aiming to be at Beaconsfield services Paul?

stevie-g1968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 04 July 2015, 01:25:59 pm »
nick, meeting paul around 8am...il be needing the loo by then. :rolleyes
FOCing down under.......dodging vacant Skippy's.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 04 July 2015, 01:45:03 pm »
nick, meeting paul around 8am...il be needing the loo by then. :rolleyes

Ok stevie, 8 it is  :thumbup

Paul might be able to lend you a bag for the day  :lol

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 04 July 2015, 03:33:14 pm »
Foc this......wheres christo when you need him    :lol

had to take the R6 shock off as ive got the wrong dogbones  :'(...on the plus side , chain is super smooth...as a super smooth slippy supersonic silver fazer should be..

see you at 8 nick   ;)

Grandma

• Club Racer
  • What it says on the tin
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 04 July 2015, 03:45:36 pm »
Anyone up for a day out ?.....how about another attempt at visiting the sammy miller museum in the new forest ?.....meet at box hill stopping at loomies and onto sammy's place........or have you got a better idea ?

Drat, story of my life, have to be in Newmarket 8.30am that day!
Been to Cheddar Gorge recently, stopping at Loomies for breakfast, Sammy Millers is great, wish I was joining you, been there several times and never tire of it, especially when in good company!
Was at Thruxton yesterday on the flying Fazer 8, not a track day as such, as they don't do bike days there any more, but an IAM Ride Skills Day for £120, 6 x 20 min track sessions, with 6 x 20 min classroom sessions and 6 x 20 mins rest break plus an hour for lunch!
Fabulous long track, just over 3 miles and very technical, just loved it, non IAM members are welcome too! Covered 300 miles in all, 100 of them on track so an amazing day with endless tea, coffee and water plus lunch voucher thrown in. Bonus is you don't have to wear leathers, just normal protective gear, if anyone is interested will find out next date, they have also done Goodwood.
Just waiting for track photo's to be posted http://kellydowlingphotography.com/proofing/
Enjoy a great day 8)

Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
If I had a brain I would be dangerous

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 04 July 2015, 04:56:21 pm »
gutted wont be able to make it after all :\ weathers to good not to be out on the river have a good ride guys.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 04 July 2015, 05:31:28 pm »
as a super smooth slippy supersonic silver fazer should be..

see you at 8 nick   ;)

I've been wondering.......now you've painted the engine, do you call the bike Matt?  :rollin

See you tomorrow.

gutted wont be able to make it after all :\ weathers to good not to be out on the river have a good ride guys.

Lame. What you should be saying is, weather's too good not to be  :faz ing  ;)  Boats. Pfffttt.    :lol

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 04 July 2015, 11:31:12 pm »
as a super smooth slippy supersonic silver fazer should be..

see you at 8 nick   ;)

I've been wondering.......now you've painted the engine, do you call the bike Matt?  :rollin

See you tomorrow.

Lame. What you should be saying is, weather's too good not to be  :faz ing  ;)  Boats. Pfffttt.    :lol
foc me, are you saying you don't take the boat out when it's raining in case you get it wet   :rollin
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 04 July 2015, 11:35:41 pm »
Anyone up for a day out ?.....how about another attempt at visiting the sammy miller museum in the new forest ?.....meet at box hill stopping at loomies and onto sammy's place........or have you got a better idea ?

Been to Cheddar Gorge recently, stopping at Loomies for breakfast, Sammy Millers is great, wish I was joining you, been there several times and never tire of it, especially when in good company!
Was at Thruxton yesterday on the flying Fazer 8, not a track day as such, as they don't do bike days there any more, but an IAM Ride Skills Day for £120, 6 x 20 min track sessions, with 6 x 20 min classroom sessions and 6 x 20 mins rest break plus an hour for lunch!
Fabulous long track, just over 3 miles and very technical, just loved it, non IAM members are welcome too! Covered 300 miles in all, 100 of them on track so an amazing day with endless tea, coffee and water plus lunch voucher thrown in. Bonus is you don't have to wear leathers, just normal protective gear, if anyone is interested will find out next date, they have also done Goodwood.
Just waiting for track photo's to be posted http://kellydowlingphotography.com/proofing/
Enjoy a great day 8)

I'd be up for doing thruxton  since I have no leathers to do the track days :)
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 05 July 2015, 12:54:18 am »
foc me, are you saying you don't take the boat out when it's raining in case you get it wet   :rollin

:rollin

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 05 July 2015, 06:37:08 am »
Morning foccers.....cracking morning   :thumbup

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 05 July 2015, 06:49:56 am »
See you in about an hour  :thumbup

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 05 July 2015, 06:57:40 am »
Sorry guys not going to make it,
Just got grabbed by my landlord he's been let down by a bloke and needs somebody to drive a tractor for him getting bails of hay moved.
Have to take work when I can get it,
 plus seeing a grown farmer cry and beg, does pull on your heart strings a bit.
Hopefully be able to make the next ride out

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 05 July 2015, 07:03:56 am »
see you focers soon for some great riding and a balanced variety of food

Breakfast at Nells
Breakfast at Ryker's
Breakfast at  Loomies
Breakfast at Sammy Miller's
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 05 July 2015, 07:18:17 am »
Sorry guys not going to make it,
Just got grabbed by my landlord he's been let down by a bloke and needs somebody to drive a tractor for him getting bails of hay moved.
Have to take work when I can get it,
 plus seeing a grown farmer cry and beg, does pull on your heart strings a bit.
Hopefully be able to make the next ride out

thats a shame razgruff......see you on the next one,thanks for letting us know  :thumbup

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 05 July 2015, 07:39:07 pm »

Enjoy a great day 8)
sounds great , no leathers and lots of time on track.

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 05 July 2015, 07:42:13 pm »

Enjoy a great day 8)

I'd be up for doing thruxton  since I have no leathers to do the track days :)
Ron Haslam race school , provide bike and  leathers .

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 05 July 2015, 08:21:11 pm »
Looks like I'm first home...I've always said lava red is fastest  :D

greenman

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 05 July 2015, 08:46:29 pm »
Ah at last, dry feet. Got home at 730 after searching fareham and gosport for fuel, 20 miles before I found some, thought I was going to run out. Great day out, really good to meet you guys shame about the rain at the beginning but soon dryed out, Sammy millers was excellent. Will have to do it again sometime.
There ain't arf been some clever bastards

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 05 July 2015, 08:48:56 pm »
Good turn out today, ten of us, and we actually made it to Sammy Miller's this time  :eek:

And good to see everyone again as always, with the welcome addition of newcomer, greenman - well done for getting out on a LOFO ride so soon after joining FOC-U  :thumbup

Hope everyone gets home safe and sound.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 05 July 2015, 08:50:53 pm »
Good effort foccers. 8)
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike