Date: 26-04-24  Time: 12:15 pm

Author Topic: Pilot Road 3  (Read 1246 times)

Nightfury

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Pilot Road 3
« on: 24 June 2015, 07:30:37 am »
So, after reading the thoughts of other people (not through telepathy, but on this forum) I decided to replace the front tyre on my 600 with a Pilot Road 3.

What a difference!

I had a Continental Contimotion on there before, fitted by the previous owner, that had done about 1500 miles.
The front is now smoother, does not wobble at every ripple in the road and, more importantly, I have so much more confidence in the front end. Tip the bike in to the corner and it just grips and grips and grips! (Don't worry, Im old enough not to be over confident with it!)

Just need to save some pennies up to replace the square rear!
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Pilot Road 3
« Reply #1 on: 24 June 2015, 11:44:38 am »
So, after reading the thoughts of other people (not through telepathy, but on this forum) I decided to replace the front tyre on my 600 with a Pilot Road 3.

What a difference!

I had a Continental Contimotion on there before, fitted by the previous owner, that had done about 1500 miles.
The front is now smoother, does not wobble at every ripple in the road and, more importantly, I have so much more confidence in the front end. Tip the bike in to the corner and it just grips and grips and grips! (Don't worry, Im old enough not to be over confident with it!)

Just need to save some pennies up to replace the square rear!

A lot of it is to do with simply being a new tyre as well, it will always feel much better when the proper shape.
But it really does make a huge difference to have confidence in tyres though, I have a BT023 on the front and a T30 on the rear and I can't fault them at all either.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Nightfury

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2015, 01:00:42 pm »
As well as the physical benefits of a new tyre, the psychological benefits are massive! I think that one of the main problems that I had with the old tyre was that I just didn't like it! It was nothing personal, I just had no confidence in it.
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 June 2015, 01:14:31 pm »
It's important to listen to what people say on these forums as well, opinions of couriers for instance mean a hell of a lot and as they do high mileage they have more chance to try different brands of tyres out.
I was always happy with previous tyres I've had over the years, but then you heed advice and maybe spend a few more quid and you can really tell the difference in all round improvement.
The PR3 always gets good reviews on here.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 June 2015, 10:25:38 pm »
I went from original Dunlops to PR2s to PR3s and the bike got better and better. As you say, complete confidence wet or dry. Unfortunately they don't do the PR4 in our size for the front. Get a PR3 for the back as well when you replace. You won't regret it!

Nightfury

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 June 2015, 07:29:53 am »
Get a PR3 for the back as well when you replace. You won't regret it!

I definitely will! Maybe even a PR4, there only seems to be about a £10 difference. I will just have to see what the overtime situation is like at work! 

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 June 2015, 07:52:19 am »
Got the PR4's on my Tiger and totally agree with all the positive comments - I ride all year round and it's a brilliant tyre. Total faith in the tyre whatever the condition or road surface. PR3's are going on the Fazer next time.
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.