Date: 28-03-24  Time: 18:00 pm

Author Topic: Confession Time!  (Read 1345 times)

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
Confession Time!
« on: 26 June 2015, 08:35:57 am »
As you can see from my new avatar I no longer own Rhondda Red-unfortunately my pension wont support me two bikes & two cats!
Was driving locally yesterday afternoon,stopped at traffic lights & a red Foxeye pulled alongside. Wound down window & said to the young guy riding-"Hey that was my bike til a month ago-how are you liking it?"  "Very much" he said as the lights changed & he blew me into the weeds!
It was a  bit like seeing an old flame---regrets? :'( [size=78%]--sure but it was looking good and being ridden -hope he has as much pleasure from it as I did.[/size]

Please may I stay on the FazerForum---ive tried the MT-07/09 one & its not in the same league---I still love Fazers-ive owned 3 & who knows may do so again!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Confession Time!
« Reply #1 on: 26 June 2015, 08:48:45 am »
As you can see from my new avatar I no longer own Rhondda Red-unfortunately my pension wont support me two bikes & two cats!

Well you know what to do  ;)
« Last Edit: 26 June 2015, 08:49:28 am by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 June 2015, 11:40:52 am »
So you miss the old fazer Dave, very interesting, ive pestered you already for info on the MT07 & for all its good points i still get the feeling it isnt as good as the old 600......i suppose age comes into it a bit though....age of the bike i mean ;) .......if only they still made a modern version of what the old FZS600 essentially was.......The gen 2 FZ6's could be worth a pop though.....just something a little bit meh about them though really.

Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

andybesy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 June 2015, 11:53:10 am »
I think when you've had three then you become an honorary lifetime member - like it or not!

Andy

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 June 2015, 04:48:01 pm »
So you miss the old fazer Dave, very interesting, ive pestered you already for info on the MT07 & for all its good points i still get the feeling it isnt as good as the old 600......i suppose age comes into it a bit though....age of the bike i mean ;) .......if only they still made a modern version of what the old FZS600 essentially was.......The gen 2 FZ6's could be worth a pop though.....just something a little bit meh about them though really.
Having owned a FZs 600 I think you might be disappointed with the FZ6- I bought one in Jan 09 and part exd it 5 months later-I didnt even include it in my personal ownership tally!  Its a low geared revvy bike and the fuel injection wasnt a patch on the carburetted 600s(IMO)-Iknow others will disagree but the FZ6 never sold like the Boxeye/Foxeye. The only 2 bikes I would like to have kept in recent years were the FZS 1000 & FZs 600-they both did everything I wanted.
Now the MT-07- thats a light little bike with a surprising punch for a 700cc twin-Its not perfect but it is great value for money & because I am a sub 11 stone weakling even the rear shock is tolerable(at present). MPG is averaging out around 72 so thats good. Have fitted a Tutoro chain lubricator  & an Optimate permanent lead for battery trickle charging.

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 June 2015, 09:24:31 pm »

Please may I stay on the FazerForum

You can stay, but the cat is going  :lol

Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.