Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

What have you done to your FZS600 bike today

(1/182) > >>

Val:
Changed my oil  today. Bought:

17mm spanner.

3L Sykolene Comp 4 10w-40 Synthetic ester based 4-stroke engine oils for all high performance motorcycles.

Hiflo filtro Performance Oil Filter - HF-147

Bike It Oil Pan

And Oil filter wrench 68mm 14 flutes 1-STEP FOR 3/8" to change my oil.

First time I do that on a Fazer and it has been some time till I figure out how to get the old filter out in between the hot exhaust pipes  :'(

Have not bought the torque wrenches yet so tightening has been based on good old common sense. Hope no kittens will be killed  :lol

darrsi:
Can't open that link.

Chain wrench is the most effective way of removing an old oil filter, nothing needs to be moved out of the way at all.

Smear oil on the rubber seal and you can just nip up the new one, do not overtighten, simply no need.

I had an issue with a Hi-Flo filter so not a personal fan, next time just get a K&N and your bike will show it's gratitude.

anutz:
i used these to remove my OEM one...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Am-Tech-12-inch-Adjustable-Filter-Plier/dp/B007ENEAT8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1434203399&sr=8-4&keywords=oil+filter+wrench

Fitted a K and N one and its got a projection to allow you to use a socket to tighten it - agree with Darrsi, be careful on the tightness of this....its not got much feel either in my opinion, i ended up just using my hands to tighten it up and was very careful with the torque wrench...

I have my downpipes off so cannot help on the logistics with them on...

darrsi:

--- Quote from: anutz on 13 June 2015, 02:51:54 pm ---i used these to remove my OEM one...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Am-Tech-12-inch-Adjustable-Filter-Plier/dp/B007ENEAT8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1434203399&sr=8-4&keywords=oil+filter+wrench

Fitted a K and N one and its got a projection to allow you to use a socket to tighten it - agree with Darrsi, be careful on the tightness of this....its not got much feel either in my opinion, i ended up just using my hands to tighten it up and was very careful with the torque wrench...

I have my downpipes off so cannot help on the logistics with them on...

--- End quote ---

I used to shout about the nut moulded on to the K&N oil filters, that was until i went to undo my last one and the nut was made of cheese and didn't actually fit any socket properly at all.
As a filter they're obviously fine, but the trustee old chain wrench had to be taken out of retirement to remove it.

paulchucky:
went in garage 
looked at her with desire and told her i know your`e a dirty foccer ?
 but i`m not taking you out n getting you very wet
but when the suns out 
 i will take you out all day n screw the arse off you ! !

glad the mrs was`nt listening !

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version