Date: 29-03-24  Time: 01:18 am

Author Topic: near miss .  (Read 1608 times)

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
near miss .
« on: 14 May 2015, 04:39:44 pm »
I just came within a yard of being killed by a small blue van running a red light on the Hartcliffe way , I was jogging down the Hartcliffe way , stopped at the lights , waited for them to change to red , the cars coming up the hill stopped , the cars turning right stopped , I started jogging , I got level with the car , looked up the blue van didn't want to be inconvenienced by the red light and nearly hit me , he made no attempt to stop to see if I was ok , want an absolute, cnut . I wonder how he would feel if one of his nearest and/ dearest got killed by an assh ole running a red light . Note to self , just cos you have right of way remember the green cross code .

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: near miss .
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2015, 05:25:38 pm »
Bloody joggers = Darwin candidates :pokefun

Seriously though, I hope there was a red light camera that caught the van driver so that he might learn a lesson.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2015, 09:26:06 pm »
Don't you know jogging is fatal?
Jim Fixx (1932–1984) was the author of the 1977 best-selling book, The Complete Book of Running. He is credited with helping start America's fitness revolution, popularizing the sport of running and demonstrating the health benefits of regular jogging. On 20 July 1984, Fixx died at the age of 52 of a fulminant heart attack, after his daily run, on Vermont Route 15 in Hardwick.

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2015, 10:57:54 pm »
Bloody joggers = Darwin candidates :pokefun

Seriously though, I hope there was a red light camera that caught the van driver so that he might learn a lesson.
There is a camera facing up , but not down , they were supposed to be switching them back on . I get sick of car drivers.   slagging off cyclists for running red lights , when I see them do it all the time.

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2015, 11:05:55 pm »
Don't you know jogging is fatal?
Jim Fixx (1932–1984) was the author of the 1977 best-selling book, The Complete Book of Running. He is credited with helping start America's fitness revolution, popularizing the sport of running and demonstrating the health benefits of regular jogging. On 20 July 1984, Fixx died at the age of 52 of a fulminant heart attack, after his daily run, on Vermont Route 15 in Hardwick.
As is motorcycling  , but if I'm going to die , I would rather it was doing something I enjoy , my wife's uncle was Tommy GOdwin from SToke , he set a Guinness record for  endurance cycling before WW2 , the record still stands today , funningly enough he had a heart attack whilst riding his bike , he had a congenital heart problem , the doctors reckoned the cycling kept him alive  .I

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2015, 08:26:31 pm »
gotta luv de idiots

www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)