Date: 26-04-24  Time: 09:20 am

Author Topic: Fazer Clocks Replacement  (Read 2057 times)

JonathonBeedie

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Fazer Clocks Replacement
« on: 09 February 2012, 10:15:31 am »
Hi,
New to this forum, looking for a bit of advice - my speedo isn't working and it turns out after getting it tested at dealer that there is a problem at the clock end, so I have bought some used clocks (not shedding out on £500 for new ones!!!) and was wondering how easy it would be to replace?

I've not done too much work on a Fazer before, but assume, its norm just a case of flick the kill switch, disconnect the battery, take off/loosen front fairing, un plug clocks and take them off, as I notice there is 3 mount points....

Just after advice/hints as to how easy this would be, and if anybody has any reccomendations??

Cheers!!!
Jay :)

Major Rant

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Fazer Clocks Replacement
« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2012, 06:34:37 pm »
I've never taken the clocks off but Haynes tells you how to do it - it looks easy.

Recommendation ...... Make sure the ferrite thing in the wheel hub still has its lugs attached.
This is the most common cause of speedo failure and your dealer may well be talking b0ll0x.
(Especially if he's had the front wheel out recently for any reason  :rolleyes ).

Trust .... but verify  :evil

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2012, 06:51:16 pm »
 :agree Good advice there. Definitely check the drive thing on the front hub. Of course be careful putting the front wheel back in place because that is when the speedo drive gets damaged.

JonathonBeedie

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 February 2012, 03:52:04 pm »
Cool, cheers for that, may have a look, dealer had changed both wheel bearings at the same time as checking it, so the next thing I'll find out if they have done anything durnig the process!!