Date: 26-04-24  Time: 12:59 pm

Author Topic: i'm baffled  (Read 4644 times)

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
i'm baffled
« on: 30 June 2011, 10:37:46 pm »

my akrapovic is the sp series - baffle in for mot day and sat nav listening and out for riding with the boys. i have noticed however that when riding on my own because i need to be somewhere i'm mr sensible with the baffle in and mr revit hard i'll race you no matter what you're driving/riding with the baffle out.

so i've settled on leaving the baffle in. i figure it saves fuel and my licence and reduces my chances of putting it down. am i alone in this? or is this normal...?

anyone know what's happened to the old forum and why this change?

bludclot
« Last Edit: 30 June 2011, 10:59:46 pm by bludclot »
is it clean enough?

jackojet

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2015 R1 and 2015 speed triple
    • View Profile
Re: i'm baffled
« Reply #1 on: 01 July 2011, 08:52:56 am »
Bludclot

Where did you get the full acra ? i thought they were'nt available anymore ?

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 July 2011, 09:27:10 am »

the can and strap came used from a bike racer in southampton, perfectly straight with a few sticker marks and light surface scratches that all sanded out, the link pipe from an akrapovic dealer in germany, brand spanking but 100 notes with the postage. springs from ebay. it's my second akra can/link pipe set up - after the first one there wasn't really much choice for me. they are so light, well made and easily serviceable.

i can find both their details if you want. the race man had a shelf full of cans, more akras than anything else.
« Last Edit: 01 July 2011, 09:28:10 am by bludclot »
is it clean enough?

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 July 2011, 10:18:15 am »
"anyone know what's happened to the old forum and why this change?"

Our old forum is run buy www.yuku.com but they've been having server problems and the forum is unavailable, so for now we're here.

jackojet

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2015 R1 and 2015 speed triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 July 2011, 10:48:50 am »
cheers Bludclot , its the full system im after , waiting to see what faster by design have . might go for the arata in titanium yet if the can is road legal .

scoobie_paws

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 July 2011, 07:56:39 pm »
I am the same with the baffle in I pootle about at normal speeds but take it out(as I just have) and I suddenly feel the urge to overtake all the slow people who are just out to annoy me on the way to work.
must be a noise level thing hard wired to the man brain

Bracechenko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 September 2011, 07:44:54 pm »
I have a Mivv stubby can on my FZ1 which came with the bike with baffle out and it was so fecking loud it was ridiculous! You couldn't even idle quietly so put the baffle on to see what it's like and now it's only moderately ear bleeding fecking loud so i'll settle for that  :D

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 September 2011, 09:01:32 pm »
I used to love loud cans or even straight through pipes on my bikes, but I'd make sure I kept the noise down in residential areas. Sadly a lot of local bikers dont have the same consideration and tear up and down my local roads (urban 20 MPH) with no baffles which makes me cringe, as a biker as I can only expect my neighbours judge me as a biker based on the behaviour that other bikers display. I'd say that well over 50% of the time I'm out on my bike I'll see a young kid spot me and then defensively put their hands over their ears expecting to be deafened (even though I have my baffle in), and I can only think that excessively loud bikes being ridden without consideration are not only putting these kids off riding but enforcing a negative image of bikers with their parents, other pedestrians, and residents. Because of this I now only ride with my baffle fitted.

markp2

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 September 2011, 10:33:38 pm »
I have modded the baffle in my Fuel silencer by shortening it by 50%. It is still easily quiet enough for the MoT and town work but sounds a bit fruity when you use full throttle.

phil on a fazer

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 October 2011, 08:24:57 am »
I have modded the baffle in my Fuel silencer by shortening it by 50%. It is still easily quiet enough for the MoT and town work but sounds a bit fruity when you use full throttle.

Thats what i was going to do! i was just gonna keep cutting a little bit off at a time and try to find the right level of loudness/tone.

dazedandconfused

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 October 2011, 02:16:24 pm »
I've got the Blue Flame twin port Titanium and even with both baffles out it's quiet enough at town speeds but fruity when you wind it on a bit. I got my son to ride it for me so I could get a pedestrians view and was a bit surprised at how quiet it was.

I do the daft without/sensible with thing as well though.  :lol
Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light.