Date: 28-03-24  Time: 16:35 pm

Author Topic: Tyre choice Supermaxx Diamond MA-3DS versus Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart  (Read 1694 times)

kevinuk1

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Anyone had experience on either Supermaxx Diamond MA-3DS or Dunlop Sportmax Soadsmart?

helmetvonthrob

• DAS Born Again
  • STOP TELLING ME TO STAY CALM!
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • - Bandit 600
    • View Profile
Anyone had experience on either Supermaxx Diamond MA-3DS or Dunlop Sportmax Soadsmart?

The MA-3DS are an old design, I've just fitted a pair of Supermaxx (6029) to my 600, so far so good.
Just think how stupid the "average" person is.  Isn't it a worry that statistically approximately 50% of the population are thicker!

helmetvonthrob

• DAS Born Again
  • STOP TELLING ME TO STAY CALM!
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • - Bandit 600
    • View Profile
Not overly impressed with wet grip but it doesn't seem to square off as much as others I've had (and I'm doing mostly motorway at the mo.)
Just think how stupid the "average" person is.  Isn't it a worry that statistically approximately 50% of the population are thicker!

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
Spooky, got diamonds on the R1, and sportsmax on the gen 1 at the mo.

I'm a big fan of the diamonds, as everyone on here knows. They're plenty grippy in the wet and dry, but they take a bit of getting used to, as they tend to tip in very quickly, but are massively stable mid lean. I've learned they tend to be better on heavier bikes, and have about the same wear as most s/t tyres, if not a little better than most. Some like them, some don't. Persevere and give them time.

The sportsmax are a bit different. Very wooden when cold, and the front takes a bit of warming up. It also wears out quickly! Good grip though wet or dry. Sporty s/t tyres, but you'll be replacing them soon.

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
On the 4th rear maxxis supermax getting over 4,500 miles to the wear bars which is about 1000 more than the battle axe was giving and seem just as good and a fair bit less expensive, so I can recommend them.