Date: 29-03-24  Time: 11:35 am

Author Topic: brake disc  (Read 1670 times)

markd

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
brake disc
« on: 10 February 2012, 06:01:17 pm »
Hi guys anyone heard of zone-products or jmj engineering UK limited. any one tried there break discs.  seems there British made discs?

thanks

Mark

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: brake disc
« Reply #1 on: 10 February 2012, 08:48:07 pm »
I've had a Zone Products disc on the rear of my FZS600 for 2,000 miles with no complaint. Fitted EBC104 pads at the same time. The disc came with a protective finish which soon wears off the braking surface, as you would expect. Being on the rear and the way I ride it doesn't get a lot of heavy use, like a front might get, but I'm happy with it.

markd

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 February 2012, 09:24:12 pm »
Hi thanks how ya think they would do on front

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 February 2012, 10:15:36 pm »
Mark, not having tried any on the front I can't really say, but I have no reason to think they would not be o.k.. Before I bought the back disk I did a google and found one or two favourable feed backs on other motor cycle forums, seem to remember one was on a Yamaha Diversion front. Although they do car disks I don't think they have been doing motor bike stuff for that long, so not a lot of independent reviews.
You can be the guinea pig and let us all know how you get on. All at your own expense of course  ;) .

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 February 2012, 01:26:14 am »
I did consider the Zone discs a couple of months ago, but opted for EBC in the end (also UK manufactured).
Can't say what they're like at extremes of braking since roads have been cold and wet every time I've been out since getting them bedded in.
I like the look of the gold alloy centres and they're quite a bit lighter than the worn Yamaha discs they replaced, but despite claims of being made from stainless steel the rotors grow a layer of rust pretty quickly after rain. So if you park your bike outside I'd recommend something else.