Date: 28-03-24  Time: 21:03 pm

Author Topic: Any Irish Foccers On Here  (Read 1850 times)

madmondeoman

• GP Hero
  • Needs some 2 wheel therapy
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Any Irish Foccers On Here
« on: 07 January 2015, 03:36:08 pm »
Is there any Irish Foccers on here. I would like to go and watch NW200 and Ulster GP.  Any advice on camp sites/ B&B's etc and good spots to watch would be most helpful.  There maybe a few of us going.

I know there was FazerPete05 but looks as though he hasn't been on here for a while

Nuts
« Last Edit: 07 January 2015, 03:36:46 pm by madmondeoman »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Any Irish Foccers On Here
« Reply #1 on: 07 January 2015, 04:45:22 pm »
Good bit of video that, thanks for posting!

I'd love to be able to join you as I'm itching to get over there and/or to the Island sometime to see some of this madness. Don't think it'll be this year for me though.

madmondeoman

• GP Hero
  • Needs some 2 wheel therapy
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 January 2015, 04:49:58 pm »
Will be next year so there is time.  Just planning routes where to stay and maybe grab a weekend this year to ride out and have a look at it all.

170 mph bit slippery on the white lines  :eek :eek :eek

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 January 2015, 04:58:08 pm »

170 mph bit slippery on the white lines  :eek :eek :eek

Yup, common problem, I've yet to suss the solution for my commute  :lol

Definitely some kind of super-humans, these guys!

I'll look into it all more myself when I think it's on the cards - I'd love to combine one of the race events with an Irish Tour, but just another on the bucket list at the moment. But I'll follow this thread with interest to hopefully learn a bit more so planning might be easier when it comes to it.

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 January 2015, 07:36:06 pm »
Bigbluebear has been to the last couple of NW200s I think, and I'm sure Downey is in Ireland somewhere :)

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 January 2015, 10:30:58 pm »
hey guys still here in sunny cork  :rollin ,last year i got too cookstown 100 and camped at it great spot great facilities right on the track,and good access to the riders "sounds all wrong" lol and myself and unfazed made it too the ulster gp and stayed at the corrs corner hotel about 30 mins from the track,grand spot too.sorry to say i havent made it to NW200 YET so cant give advice on accomadation but once theres plenty of notice given should be handy enough......roll on the summer
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/2PUTtTx24O-K6_eNc_sv39MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/hpI_sP0-dkmOj1T70Ijen9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
please god let the sun keep shining

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 January 2015, 11:03:52 pm »
I have been to the UGP, NW200 , Cookstown 100 and many more. My first UGP was 1963 my first NW200 was 1964
Last time I went to the Cookstown was 2012 , NW200 2012 and the UGP 2012. I have never been to the IOM TT as I am a tight arse and will not be ripped off by the IOM steam packet company.
The beauty of road racing in N Ireland is you can stay anywhere and be within ridding distance of any race within an hour more or less.
I was born just outside Belfast but now live abroad. I have used Corr's Corner and it is a very nice place to stay, food is pricey though but the rooms are excellent.
I stay at a B&B near Maghrafelt not far from Cookstown Clearwaterhouse.com, do a google search. I can really say Bernie and Robert are great hosts and the breakfast you get will set you up for the whole day. Rooms are spotless and bike security is great. Anyone wanting to nick your pride and joy will have to get past Tyson the German Shepard, he is as daft as a brush. It will take you just over an hour to get to the NW200 venue and just on 40 minutes for Dundrod and the UGP, the Cookstown 100 is twenty minutes away and this is the first road race of the season usually second weekend in April, great wee circuit and you can still get up real close to the action. The most commercial race and best attended is the NW200. It is a good event but is not my favourite. Socially it is great as you are in and around the tourist resorts of Portrush and Portstwart so there is more night life so to speak. You will pay top dollar for accommodation in and around these two resorts and are usually well booked up in advance. Go a bit further afield to the likes of Ballycastle, Cushendal, Cushendun, Waterfoot Glenarm, Larne, Carrickfergus as prices are a bit less. One of the advantages of booking some of these villages is you can get to ride to the track via the world famous Antrim Coast road. My all time favourite race is the UGP the racing is much much better than the NW200. Dundrod is a bit rural but towns like Templepatrick, Ballyclare, Larne, Carrickfergus are all near by. Another great race is the Armoy race of legends this takes place in late July I think. I have noy been to that one yet but it is supposed to be excellent.
The South of Ireland has some great races as well the Skerries and Killylane? it is many years since I have been to those but again excellent and close by to Dublin so Hotels & B&B's are a plenty.
I love road racing and to be honest BSB WSB & Moto GP sends me to sleep. Be advised though that road racing is not for the sqeamish as sadly it takes no prisoners usually there will be a few fatalities over the season.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 January 2015, 11:11:16 pm »
Is there any Irish Foccers on here. I would like to go and watch NW200 and Ulster GP.  Any advice on camp sites/ B&B's etc and good spots to watch would be most helpful.  There maybe a few of us going.

I know there was FazerPete05 but looks as though he hasn't been on here for a while

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQW5DAOpoA4#ws

Nuts

Number 98 Paul Owen , I used to be in his 98 club co sponsor, good steady rider is Paul, goes well at Dundrod, his favourite track.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer